• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Well I have noticed it several games now. Detroit wins, the back up goalie has ALWAYS come out to congratulate the winner. However, recently Ozzie has not. As soon as the horn sounds, Ozzie shoots down the tunnel. He may not like that fact that he is sitting, but he needs to support Jimmy. Jimmy is Always there for him. Conks was always there last year. And last year, when Conks was in, Ozzie always came out. Suck it up Ozzie, support the other players.

#2 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Ozzie supports Jimmy.
There's no bad feelings there.

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#3 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Maybe Ozzie need Ozzie cry time?

#4 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I noticed a few games ago that he didn't go out on the ice to congratulate Howard as well.

#5 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Osgood has said on several occasions that he has no hard feelings about sitting on the bench. Don't read to much into the situation. Furthermore, Babcock has stated that Ozzie is the reason Jimmy has been playing so well. Ozzie is constantly coaching and supporting Howard during practice.

Freep-
"I've played a ton of games, and sure, I still want to play," Osgood said Saturday, before the Wings departed for Pittsburgh. "But I owe it to Howie and the team. It's kind of like the past reclaims itself. We've not totally switched roles, but I had guys -- Mike Vernon, Tim Cheveldae, Vincent Riendeau -- who helped me. There's no way I could've been here by myself, without the older guys' help. It'd be selfish of me to act any other way."

(i couldn't find the vid, but i specifically remember an interview with Babs where he said that Osgood was really supportive and helpful with Howard during practice)

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Osgood has said on several occasions that he has no hard feelings about sitting on the bench. Don't read to much into the situation. Furthermore, Babcock has stated that Ozzie is the reason Jimmy has been playing so well. Ozzie is constantly coaching and supporting Howard during practice.

Freep-
"I've played a ton of games, and sure, I still want to play," Osgood said Saturday, before the Wings departed for Pittsburgh. "But I owe it to Howie and the team. It's kind of like the past reclaims itself. We've not totally switched roles, but I had guys -- Mike Vernon, Tim Cheveldae, Vincent Riendeau -- who helped me. There's no way I could've been here by myself, without the older guys' help. It'd be selfish of me to act any other way."

(i couldn't find the vid, but i specifically remember an interview with Babs where he said that Osgood was really supportive and helpful with Howard during practice)

thanks... I'll buy this! ^^^

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Well I have noticed it several games now. Detroit wins, the back up goalie has ALWAYS come out to congratulate the winner. However, recently Ozzie has not. As soon as the horn sounds, Ozzie shoots down the tunnel. He may not like that fact that he is sitting, but he needs to support Jimmy. Jimmy is Always there for him. Conks was always there last year. And last year, when Conks was in, Ozzie always came out. Suck it up Ozzie, support the other players.

Osgood just wants to play. Nothing wrong with that. However he's not going to let his wanting to play mess up team chemistry or creating any goaltending drama. He's stated plenty of times more/less that while he wishes/wants to play more, he supports Howard, is happy for him, and will do what's best for the team.

Nothing really worth reading into regarding this. Move along...

#8 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Osgood just wants to play. Nothing wrong with that. However he's not going to let his wanting to play mess up team chemistry or creating any goaltending drama. He's stated plenty of times more/less that while he wishes/wants to play more, he supports Howard, is happy for him, and will do what's best for the team.

Nothing really worth reading into regarding this. Move along...

what do you expect him to say to the media?
I'm not saying this is an obvious sign of anything, but it is kind of odd and it'd be interesting to keep an eye on small things like that for a few games and see if it continues. We all know ozzy has quite the ego, I'm sure this season is kind of damaging to it, so who knows.

#9 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

I'm not saying this is an obvious sign of anything, but it is kind of odd and it'd be interesting to keep an eye on small things like that for a few games and see if it continues. We all know ozzy has quite the ego, I'm sure this season is kind of damaging to it, so who knows.

These guys are professionals.

They aren't going to show anything, and probably not do anything, to mess up chemistry or stuff in the locker room or whatever. This isn't like the 3-ring goalie circus of Hasek and Joseph and Legace in 2005/06.

In 2008 this was dead similar to what happened to Hasek when he got the ax and Osgood came in for the playoffs. Of course Hasek was frustrated, stated he wanted to keep playing, but was going to do what was best for the team.

Again, there is nothing to read into regarding this.

#10 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

I'd hope he's disgruntled. I'm disgruntled with his play this year.
*this space for rent*

#11 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

He keeps screwing up the face-off charts and he needs to duck out of there before people find out.

#12 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Wow.

Of all topics to start...

Posted Image

#13 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I hope not, I thought he's played horrible this year. But I wouldn't be opposed to getting him some starts now that Jimmy is falling back down to earth.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#14 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'd hope he's disgruntled. I'm disgruntled with his play this year.

His play this year? I didn't realize Ozzie has played because it's been so damn long. I've never seen him play less. EVER. I'll never understand how he is suppose to just go in there and play good when he NEVER starts and when he hasn't played in so long. It's pathetic and I won't go any further with this cause it'll only piss me off.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#15 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

His play this year? I didn't realize Ozzie has played because it's been so damn long. I've never seen him play less. EVER. I'll never understand how he is suppose to just go in there and play good when he NEVER starts and when he hasn't played in so long. It's pathetic and I won't go any further with this cause it'll only piss me off.

If he played better he would get more starts. Obviously he s***s the bed in practice to.

#16 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

If he played better he would get more starts. Obviously he s***s the bed in practice to.

I'd like to believe that and all but even when Oz strung together wins and started playing well, Babs continually started Howard. I don't have a problem with Howie at all and Babcock is great but his way of handling goaltending boggles my mind. And you simply can't play better if you are not playing.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#17 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

Really? That didn't seem to hold true after a nice start against Nashville in December. Babcock went right back to Howard, again and again.

How can you judge a guy that has made one start since Christmas?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#18 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

I don't understand what we would be keeping an eye on. How is it our business? What do we know about the background/history of anything that might (OR might not) be going on? Of course he has an ego. He's a goalie for chrissakes. They're all a wee bit nutsoid, but he's less so than most I've seen.

PLEASE. Not another Ozzie thread?! :scared:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#19 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

I think Ozzie is okay with Jimmy Howard, I think the problem is with Babcock.