• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blood On The Ice

Ozzie Disgruntled ?

Rate this topic

Well I have noticed it several games now. Detroit wins, the back up goalie has ALWAYS come out to congratulate the winner. However, recently Ozzie has not. As soon as the horn sounds, Ozzie shoots down the tunnel. He may not like that fact that he is sitting, but he needs to support Jimmy. Jimmy is Always there for him. Conks was always there last year. And last year, when Conks was in, Ozzie always came out. Suck it up Ozzie, support the other players.

Osgood has said on several occasions that he has no hard feelings about sitting on the bench. Don't read to much into the situation. Furthermore, Babcock has stated that Ozzie is the reason Jimmy has been playing so well. Ozzie is constantly coaching and supporting Howard during practice.

Freep-

"I've played a ton of games, and sure, I still want to play," Osgood said Saturday, before the Wings departed for Pittsburgh. "But I owe it to Howie and the team. It's kind of like the past reclaims itself. We've not totally switched roles, but I had guys -- Mike Vernon, Tim Cheveldae, Vincent Riendeau -- who helped me. There's no way I could've been here by myself, without the older guys' help. It'd be selfish of me to act any other way."

(i couldn't find the vid, but i specifically remember an interview with Babs where he said that Osgood was really supportive and helpful with Howard during practice)

Osgood has said on several occasions that he has no hard feelings about sitting on the bench. Don't read to much into the situation. Furthermore, Babcock has stated that Ozzie is the reason Jimmy has been playing so well. Ozzie is constantly coaching and supporting Howard during practice.

Freep-

"I've played a ton of games, and sure, I still want to play," Osgood said Saturday, before the Wings departed for Pittsburgh. "But I owe it to Howie and the team. It's kind of like the past reclaims itself. We've not totally switched roles, but I had guys -- Mike Vernon, Tim Cheveldae, Vincent Riendeau -- who helped me. There's no way I could've been here by myself, without the older guys' help. It'd be selfish of me to act any other way."

(i couldn't find the vid, but i specifically remember an interview with Babs where he said that Osgood was really supportive and helpful with Howard during practice)

thanks... I'll buy this! ^^^

Well I have noticed it several games now. Detroit wins, the back up goalie has ALWAYS come out to congratulate the winner. However, recently Ozzie has not. As soon as the horn sounds, Ozzie shoots down the tunnel. He may not like that fact that he is sitting, but he needs to support Jimmy. Jimmy is Always there for him. Conks was always there last year. And last year, when Conks was in, Ozzie always came out. Suck it up Ozzie, support the other players.

Osgood just wants to play. Nothing wrong with that. However he's not going to let his wanting to play mess up team chemistry or creating any goaltending drama. He's stated plenty of times more/less that while he wishes/wants to play more, he supports Howard, is happy for him, and will do what's best for the team.

Nothing really worth reading into regarding this. Move along...

Osgood just wants to play. Nothing wrong with that. However he's not going to let his wanting to play mess up team chemistry or creating any goaltending drama. He's stated plenty of times more/less that while he wishes/wants to play more, he supports Howard, is happy for him, and will do what's best for the team.

Nothing really worth reading into regarding this. Move along...

what do you expect him to say to the media?

I'm not saying this is an obvious sign of anything, but it is kind of odd and it'd be interesting to keep an eye on small things like that for a few games and see if it continues. We all know ozzy has quite the ego, I'm sure this season is kind of damaging to it, so who knows.

I'm not saying this is an obvious sign of anything, but it is kind of odd and it'd be interesting to keep an eye on small things like that for a few games and see if it continues. We all know ozzy has quite the ego, I'm sure this season is kind of damaging to it, so who knows.

These guys are professionals.

They aren't going to show anything, and probably not do anything, to mess up chemistry or stuff in the locker room or whatever. This isn't like the 3-ring goalie circus of Hasek and Joseph and Legace in 2005/06.

In 2008 this was dead similar to what happened to Hasek when he got the ax and Osgood came in for the playoffs. Of course Hasek was frustrated, stated he wanted to keep playing, but was going to do what was best for the team.

Again, there is nothing to read into regarding this.

I'd hope he's disgruntled. I'm disgruntled with his play this year.

His play this year? I didn't realize Ozzie has played because it's been so damn long. I've never seen him play less. EVER. I'll never understand how he is suppose to just go in there and play good when he NEVER starts and when he hasn't played in so long. It's pathetic and I won't go any further with this cause it'll only piss me off.

His play this year? I didn't realize Ozzie has played because it's been so damn long. I've never seen him play less. EVER. I'll never understand how he is suppose to just go in there and play good when he NEVER starts and when he hasn't played in so long. It's pathetic and I won't go any further with this cause it'll only piss me off.

If he played better he would get more starts. Obviously he s***s the bed in practice to.

If he played better he would get more starts. Obviously he s***s the bed in practice to.

I'd like to believe that and all but even when Oz strung together wins and started playing well, Babs continually started Howard. I don't have a problem with Howie at all and Babcock is great but his way of handling goaltending boggles my mind. And you simply can't play better if you are not playing.

Really? That didn't seem to hold true after a nice start against Nashville in December. Babcock went right back to Howard, again and again.

How can you judge a guy that has made one start since Christmas?

I don't understand what we would be keeping an eye on. How is it our business? What do we know about the background/history of anything that might (OR might not) be going on? Of course he has an ego. He's a goalie for chrissakes. They're all a wee bit nutsoid, but he's less so than most I've seen.

PLEASE. Not another Ozzie thread?! :scared: