• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Do you post on "letsgopens" under the same name?

Yeah.

#22 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Yeah.

I've heard it said that a fan of two competing teams is a true fan of neither. What's your opinion?

#23 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

How will Cindy get another Cup if we just start suspending every teammate of his that plays dirty? Next, you will want the officials to start calling Cindy for diving. What's wrong with you? You must be a noob at hockey.

#24 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

I've heard it said that a fan of two competing teams is a true fan of neither. What's your opinion?

My opinion is that considering I have season tickets to the Red Wings, and have been following them since birth that they are my favorite team.

But also considering Pittsburgh has my favorite player, happen to be in the Eastern Conference and play great hockey makes them my second favorite team.

Being a "true" fan is a personal thing. I don't need to prove my "fandom" to anyone but myself.

:)

#25 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

My opinion is that considering I have season tickets to the Red Wings, and have been following them since birth that they are my favorite team.

But also considering Pittsburgh has my favorite player, happen to be in the Eastern Conference and play great hockey makes them my second favorite team.

Being a "true" fan is a personal thing. I don't need to prove my "fandom" to anyone but myself.

:)

So, would you say it would be possible for a person to be an Avs fan as well as a Wings fan...........or a Hawks fan as well as a Wings fan?

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

So, would you say it would be possible for a person to be an Avs fan as well as a Wings fan...........or a Hawks fan as well as a Wings fan?

It would be a lot harder considering the competition between the two teams will take place all through the regular season and early in the playoffs.

But I'm not going to say it isn't possible.

It's just a sport.

#27 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

How will Cindy get another Cup if we just start suspending every teammate of his that plays dirty? Next, you will want the officials to start calling Cindy for diving. What's wrong with you? You must be a noob at hockey.

:lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#28 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Cooke is a POS. Hes always going out of his way to make knee on knee or head shots on players.

Yep. And because he's on the Pens, the league disciplinary committee turns a blind eye. He's been suspended once this season when he should have been out at least three times already. I'm sure Shean Donovan thinks the same thing.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#29 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Head shot. Should be illegal because its a disgusting play, but the NHL thinks its not a problem.

Cooke has a rep for this s*** too. Unfortunate, but what does the league expect when they refuse to address the problem. Yuck.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#30 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

It would be a lot harder considering the competition between the two teams will take place all through the regular season and early in the playoffs.

But I'm not going to say it isn't possible.

It's just a sport.

Or is it?!
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#31 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I don't see an elbow but the only part of Savard that gets hit is his head. It was a clear-cut headshot and he deserves a suspension for that.

Posted Image

#32 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Legal or not, that was a dirty hit. Players need to show more respect for each other, and the nhl needs to amend its rulebook for headhunting. This s*** is happening way too often.

Edited by Echolalia, 07 March 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#33 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Cooke has already been suspended this year and should have been twice. This is another example of where he should be suspended. He has a record of injuring players and he should be handled accordingly.

O.o

#34 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

I hope something smacks Cooke back in to reality, scares the s*** out of him, and causes him to play like a little marshmallow. Much like what has happened to Bert.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

Someone send him this..

#36 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Or Malkin for swinging a stick at a players head, or Malkin for taking his gloves off and starting a fight with less then 5 minutes, or Malkin for being a bigf****** ****
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#37 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

No respect in the NHL anymore. And it's because of guys like Cooke and Lapierre, gutless.

#NOMOREKINDL

#38 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Someone send him this..

lol beat me to it.
look at his face bounce off the ice.....poetic justice.

Edited by Original-Six, 07 March 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

Cooke is a douchenozzle. Suspend.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

From Toronto Star:

Same dynamic, different issue.

Once again, NHL general managers have assembled at a Floridian beach resort to wrangle over a difficult and sometimes dangerous problem in the sport.

"At some point there's got to be a clear indication from the league because we've seen this so many times now," Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said afterward.

That indication might come this week, although the 30 hockey executives could again come up with one or more proposals and then have them dismissed by the players again.

During the recent Vancouver Olympics, Russia's Alex Ovechkin delivered a crushing, mid-ice bodycheck to Czech star Jaromir Jagr, a hit that appeared legal but saw much of the force of the hit delivered to Jagr's head. The hit cracked Jagr's visor, and while IIHF officials were eager to review the play and possibly suspend Ovechkin, NHL officials forcefully argued against any supplemental discipline and the matter was dropped.

We will see.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.