• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Who replaces Bert?

Rate this topic

It looks like Bert will be out for at least a game or two,so who does Babcock use in his place?

Options include the obvious choice of Meech,who has filled in at forward and is probably itching to go,or

call up May,who should clear waivers and give us a little toughness against Calgary.

Or,lets put in a young potential power-forward who has been riding the pine and playing without any confidence on defence.....Ericsson!?

He started his career as a forward,and maybe he can be kickstarted again up front.

He's a lot less of a liability up front compared to defence,and we may discover a few hidden talents.

Hopefully he'll use his size in the corners,and we know he'll stand up for his team.

We don't have a lot of options right now,and if it doesn't work,go to Meech or May.

What do we have to lose? Better than wasting a big 25 year old in the press box.

Meech and only Meech. No one can be called up unless bert is on LTIR /thread.

Why not give Ericsson a shot up front?

He's here,he's sitting,he's big,and he doesn't back down.

Why not give Ericsson a shot up front?

He's here,he's sitting,he's big,and he doesn't back down.

I posted this concept on the game day thread earlier hell he's useless on defense so lets see if we can turn him into a power forward worth a one or two game trial

The obvious answer is Ericsson. He's big, talented and can skate well for his size.

Right now he's suffering from a crippling lack of confidence. Throw him up front and hopefully he'll score some goals and get that confidence back. He's got all the right tools to do it.

I posted this concept on the game day thread earlier hell he's useless on defense so lets see if we can turn him into a power forward worth a one or two game trial

He's not useless on defense. He's been struggling because his confidence has completely eroded away. It's not like an alien zapped the old Ericsson away and replaced him with a bad player. The Wings just need to get him turned back around and that will take time.

Anyone who's willing to give up on a kid with his talent after 60 NHL games is retarded.

ya' probably, I'm just assuming.

You are correct - though it is retroactive once/if he does go on LTI (the team's doctors will have a good idea as to whether it will be necessary or not (to bring up Abdelkader.))

He's not useless on defense. He's been struggling because his confidence has completely eroded away. It's not like an alien zapped the old Ericsson away and replaced him with a bad player. The Wings just need to get him turned back around and that will take time.

Anyone who's willing to give up on a kid with his talent after 60 NHL games is retarded.

At this point in the season and presumably going into the playoffs we can't afford his indicresions in the defensive zone

Lils and lebda have logged a lot of time together over the years and quite frankly at this point erickson should remain the odd man out on D barring injury to someone else

Sorry,didn't mean to plagiarize your post,but great minds think alike.

Sorry,didn't mean to plagiarize your post,but great minds think alike.

What's wrong with Bert, are they saying ? Anywho, You guys are correct. As Good as Ericsson Looked in the PO's last year, he's certainly experiencing the sophmore blues. I like the idea of him up front - a Big Lanky Kid; kinda like Preams used to be.

I think Bert needs to be more aggressive at times also, I'd like to see him in front of the Net More - Just like yesterday - on Nicky's Goal. I think since the Steve Moore thing he's affraid to flex his muscle so much. He is still a Great Big Man, and I think Opposing D-Men still Fear Him. You can tell, when nobody ever tries to move him,like they do Homer - they don't touch Bert.