• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

Who is the Red Wings MVP this year?

Rate this topic

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

that's a tough one. I think it's been different people at different points. At one point Stuart was playing amazing, Howard has been great and probably the more obvious choice, since mule has come back, him and pavs have carried the team. I think it has really been a group effort this year...even if at times, the effort wasn't quite incredible.

that's a tough one. I think it's been different people at different points. At one point Stuart was playing amazing, Howard has been great and probably the more obvious choice, since mule has come back, him and pavs have carried the team. I think it has really been a group effort this year...even if at times, the effort wasn't quite incredible.

I think it is unquestionably Howard for these reasons:

1. Goaltenders are much more important in games than other players because they play all 60 minutes in games.

2. Howard has had to steal multiple games for the Wings (and has done so)

3. There was no offense on this team for the first few months of the season and Howard needed to be very good to keep the team in games most nights

4. He has played a lot

5. The Wings are one or two points from being out of the playoffs and him letting in one or two goals at crucial parts of certain games would have put the Wings on the outside looking in

There you go.

Howard is the obvious choice but Lidstrom wouldn't be far fetched. Lids has been a point per game player since Christmas so he's really turned it up when the team needed him. He had a very rough first half of the season, though, so that's why I said Howard. Howie's been the impact guy since mid-October.

Okay...I know I'm crazy and all that and I apologize in advance....

But put Cleary on the list and not Filppula? Not that it would be either of them...but I'm just just saying...

Howard, obviously. Though he hasn't looked great these last few games.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I think it is unquestionably Howard for these reasons:

1. Goaltenders are much more important in games than other players because they play all 60 minutes in games.

2. Howard has had to steal multiple games for the Wings (and has done so)

3. There was no offense on this team for the first few months of the season and Howard needed to be very good to keep the team in games most nights

4. He has played a lot

5. The Wings are one or two points from being out of the playoffs and him letting in one or two goals at crucial parts of certain games would have put the Wings on the outside looking in

There you go.

The reason I go with Lidstrom is simply -- He would be the hardest player to replace this year.

Even including his rough start, he has been the best defensive defenseman in the league this year and he is still in the Top 10 offensively (despite having had little support with all the injuries this year).

Howard is a legitimate Calder candidate, but Lidstrom has been a legitimate Norris candidate.

Okay...I know I'm crazy and all that and I apologize in advance....

But put Cleary on the list and not Filppula? Not that it would be either of them...but I'm just just saying...

Howard, obviously. Though he hasn't looked great these last few games.

Ya, just starting putting guys that came up off the top of my head. Clearly there are a few on there that don't belong. Had a debate with a non-Wings fan as who was MVP so that's why I came up with some of those choices.

howard, though far from perfect, has been the *most* consistent on a team of very inconsistent players this year.

that said, helm has still been my favorite player this year. maybe it's just because so much less is expected of him that when he does do something good it seems like icing on the cake.

Lidstrom. 3rd on the team in points, and a team-best +18. And that +18 comes with him still playing against the other team's best players when the Red Wings as a whole are close to even in goals for/goals against. Howard has been good, but Lidstrom, even when he wasn't doing as much offensively in the 1st half, is the player playing the best over the course of the season and is the most irreplaceable player on the team.

Guest mindfly

Datsyuk; He's the best player.

And when he and whole team went cold in november, december, january etc it was because he had brutal wingers to play with most of the times

I could make a case for lidstrom has second half MVP but it was terrible watching him play the first months of the season

Edited by mindfly

Gotta go with Howard. Datsyuk has been our best forward and Lidstrom our best defenseman, and while neither one has had their best year they have both picked it up quite a bit of late. That said, Howard is the guy who really carried the team night in and night out during the early part of the year and through all of the injuries. I don't think we'd be in a playoff spot right now without him.

I said Lidstrom, because he's irreplaceable.

Howard is not irreplaceable. We could have gone after another goalie or possibly given Ozzie more time to get his s*** together.

Who'd replace Lidstrom, especially since Kronwall was hurt all year?