• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Team you prefer to play

Rate this topic

4) If we lose in the first round, I'd rather lose to the Hawks than put up with "Sharks finally climb out of the first round on Detroit's back" nonsense that will play endlessly. We already have to put up with giving Crosby the cup, I don't want to put up with the Sharks either. Let Calgary be the Sharks patsy.

i would rather the Wings get swept by the sharks than lose to Chicago. All those bandwagon fans would cream their pants and never let you hear the end of it.

Don't care about it! We are Detroit!

SJ,Chicago,Vancouver bla bla bla...please ask to Sharks,Hawks & Canucks fans if they want to play against Red Wings in the playoffs!

Every team who meet Detroit during the playoffs will be scared..i'm sure about it

4) If we lose in the first round, I'd rather lose to the Hawks than put up with "Sharks finally climb out of the first round on Detroit's back" nonsense that will play endlessly. We already have to put up with giving Crosby the cup, I don't want to put up with the Sharks either. Let Calgary be the Sharks patsy.

But if we lose to the Hawks it will be all about how "the torch has been passed" and how they are the new Wings, Keith is the new Lidstrom and so on.

Although I guess there's no scenario in which a playoff exit doesn't hurt.

Guest Shoreline

I'd like this team to just make the friggen playoffs first. Then can start getting finicky about who to play.

Edited by Shoreline

With the Wings just getting healthy, we need time to get our chemistry together and win while making the playoffs... The last 2-3 games I see as the beginning of a new, but very short season.

With that being said, Wings need to get 4th or 5th place. Them playing Chicago, San Jose, or Vancouver will not result in a good 1st round. Yes, they are able to advance 2nd round, but by then, they may hit the wall.

Edited by Rivalred

Sharks.

We own them, and besides if we lose, they don't have as many annoying fans as Chicago and Vancouver that would never let us hear the end of it.

The kind of trolling we would see from opposing fans would be astronomical.

s***, I finally agree with something you've posted. The world is ending. :(

The best part is: if the Wings beat one of them, they probably get to see two of them. Or even all three by the time the WC final comes.

The team I would choose wears teal and used to play in the Cow Palace.

As long as Detroit makes the playoffs I think a lot of people will be surprised. I'd prefer San Jose just because their top players aren't exactly big game players - take the Olympics as a recent example.

The guy that thinks you're a dumbass. Move along.

Oh look, another one of my many fans on this board. :rolleyes: Get in line dude. I can't differentiate you amongst any of my other haters.

You're lucky I retired from flame wars, or I'd put you in your place kid.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Doesn't matter to me. I just want to get in. This team has shown they can beat the top teams in the conference if they play their game and play close to 60 minutes as possible. It's just a matter if they can do it enough times to win 4 games.

Don't care about it! We are Detroit!

SJ,Chicago,Vancouver bla bla bla...please ask to Sharks,Hawks & Canucks fans if they want to play against Red Wings in the playoffs!

I would. I'd gladly take the Wings over the Sharks or Hawks.

And no disrespect meant to the Wings, but I'm not sure they can get far based on reputation alone. They really need to start lighting it up before I change my opinion. This year, the Detroit offense just isn't producing. Stats for goals allowed and goals scored are equal. And as far as goaltending in the playoffs goes, it remains to be seen if there are any more rabbits left to pull out of that hat. I don't think Howard has ever played an NHL playoff game. Not an ideal situation when heading into the playoffs with a struggling offense.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Pending we make it in...

The Canucks.

I don't agree with the San Jose playoff choke thing this year. With their coach working his second season, we'll see what impact he's truly had on the team. I'm worried about the Sharks the most.

Chicago, I'm beginning to think that Quennville is going to eventually have to beat us once, it's just an odds thing. However, the other night was a good demonstration that their goaltending is shaky at best this season.