• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

okay guys i just got done talking to Andrew Ladd and he said he'd chill with us but if it's going to be a sausage party then he's out

Posted Image

#42 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

I relize that i was just using him as an example of what the team could look like with another player in there with that salary he just happened to be put in

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

I think Hudler coming back would be great for this team 57pts on the 3rd line isn't something to many teams have,ya im pissed he left us but come on if you were him you would leave to make 2mill or 10mill a season ? not to many people are going for the 2 especially a young guy

Franzen(3.9)-Datsyuk(6.7)-Holmstrom(1.5)
Zetterberg(6)-Flip(3)-Hudler(2.5)
Cleary(2.5)-Wellwood(1.5)-Ritola(600k)
Abdelkader(1)-Helm(750k)-Draper(1.6)
Eaves(500k)

Lidstrom(4)-Kronwall(3.25)
Rafalski(6)-Stuart(3.75)
Lilja(1.25)-Kindl(800k)
Ericcson(900k)

Howard(750k)
Osgood(1.4)

$54,150,000
I believe Ritola's contract is up this year which means he has to be signed to a big club one or he leaves for picks, i think its time we start giving some of these young guys more of a chance. Instead of having older guys like Bertuzzi and Williams in there why not plus leaves some Cap space to make some changes and what not throughout the year.

I think with all the injuries we did have this year, the guys on the cusp of making this team had every opportunity to showcase their talents this year with the Wings. Kindl, Ritola, etc... didn't make a good enough impression to make this club during the injuries, so what makes you think they will be worth the chance next season? For the money, I think Miller deserves to be re-signed before Ritola gets the call up.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#44 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

I think with all the injuries we did have this year, the guys on the cusp of making this team had every opportunity to showcase their talents this year with the Wings. Kindl, Ritola, etc... didn't make a good enough impression to make this club during the injuries, so what makes you think they will be worth the chance next season? For the money, I think Miller deserves to be re-signed before Ritola gets the call up.

i think the fact that they didn't play that bad at all considering the guys that were out, and will defintly be better with better talent around them. Kindl didnt play any worse then Lebda and Ericcson have all season.

#45 FNCardascia

FNCardascia

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Ovechkin-Crosby-Backstrom
Marleau-Stamkos-Heatley
Semin-Parise-Gaborik
Kovalchuk-Malkin-H. Sedin

Green-Keith
Pronger-Doughty
Ehrhoff-Lidstrom

Miller
Nabokov

TOTAL CAP ACCUMULATION: $10,000,000.. MAKE IT WORK KENNY!

What? It's just as outrageous these other ideas.

#46 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Ovechkin-Crosby-Backstrom
Marleau-Stamkos-Heatley
Semin-Parise-Gaborik
Kovalchuk-Malkin-H. Sedin

Green-Keith
Pronger-Doughty
Ehrhoff-Lidstrom

Miller
Nabokov

TOTAL CAP ACCUMULATION: $10,000,000.. MAKE IT WORK KENNY!

What? It's just as outrageous these other ideas.

attempt at sarcasm=FAIL

#47 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

I live in the Toronto area and got to see Wellwood play a ton before he left the Leafs for Vancouver and although he's had a a much better tenure in Vancouver than he did in Toronto I'm still not entirely sold on the guy. I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means but I don't particularly think he's what the Red Wings need most. So far in 60 games this year he has 9 goals and 10 assists while last year in 74 games he had 18 goals and 9 assists. In my mind that is not nearly worth $1.5M a year. We already have Draper, Helm, and Eaves putting up those numbers and in my opinion all work far harder day in and day out. There's no question Wellwood has skill but this kid can be one of the laziest players in the league at times. He doesn't always have the desire to play and when he doesn't watch out. If he ever signed here, trust me, he'd quickly become the LGW new whipping boy.

For me, I want Maltby to reitre, Ritola as our 13th, Bertuzzi re-signed on our 3rd line, Abdelkader on our 3rd, and Hudler back.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca