• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Leadzedder

Questions about potential next year's roster

Rate this topic

2010-2011 Roster???  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow, you must have still been asleep and dreaming when you came up with this scenario.

Well that reply added alot to the conversation...

We aren't winning with this team, period. If Bertuzzi wants more, he is free go elsewhere, that is why it is called UNRESTRICTED. Holmstrom needs to take a HUGE paycut if he wants to re-sign, or take a hike. Eaves would be the same pay as this year, Helm will get a raise, Miller would get a raise, Abdelkader will get a raise. Lidstrom needs to sign for no more than $4MM or Holland will not be able to improve this team. The Wings are more than one player away from being a contender again. They need to take to $16MM they have available and get multiple players for it. Mitchell is at $3.5M right now, will he get offers for more than $4.5? Probably, but you never know. Chicago is ALREADY over the cap for next year and unless they can unload Huet or Campbell, they stand to lose Ladd, Eager, Fraser, Hendry, Hjalmarsson & Niemi who are ALL RFA's and need to be signed or lose them...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Keep in mind Hudler is most likely going to be back next year.

I would be happy with this proposal yet I think it is unrealistic. If you were the GM and said take it or leave with these salaries, you would have to hire Hitchcock to piss off all the young hot prospects we have and run them out of town. Then we could start another 42 years of no Cup.

large_big-100908-red-wings-gamer-2.jpg

Well based purely on the OP, I said Yes to both. I think it's safe to say a few of those guesstimated numbers won't match up.

I think it's funny that 50%+ wouldn't like that roster, but 50%+ think that the roster provided would be top 5 in the league.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Andrew Ladd? Well Filppula has some great experience passing to him already.

We need to add Andrew Ladd & Willie Mitchell and that is what will make this team better next year. IF we re-sign ANY of the old timers, it needs to be for $500,000 or they can leave. The exception be Lidstrom, but he does need to sign for LESS than $4,000,000. If he wants to play one more season, he knows, he cannot handcuff the Wings from getting a couple of players to make this team better. Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Maltby, Eaves, etc all making $500,000 and LIdstrom making $3M would allow that. I say bye bye, Lilja, Maltby, Williams, Meech AND Lebda... The guys who should get the raises are Helm & Miller. Abdelkader will get a slight raise, but nothing of significance.

Bertuzzi ($500,000)

Holmstrom ($500,000)

Eaves ($500,000)

Helm ($750,000)

Miller ($650,000)

Abdelkder ($950,000)

Lidstrom ($3,000,000)

Thats $6,850,000 in salary and that would leave Holland just over $10,000,000 to improve this team. (Ladd & Mitchell would be a GREAT start!)

Although I know Bertuzzi is not going to accept $500,000, but if he doesn't want to build a winner here, then adios!

Hey, next time you have crack, make sure you bring enough for everyone.

Hey, next time you have crack, make sure you bring enough for everyone.

Gee, I'm sorry, nevermind. There should be NO changes next year, lets give Lidstrom $10M, lets give Bertuzzi $2M, lets give Williams $2M, lets give Holmstrom $2M, Helm and the rest of the FA's can battle it out for the remaining money....

All Hail This Years Detroit Red Wings! The BEST roster ever assembled! Stanley Cup, the next 5 years in a row!

Too much Lidstrom love here! The guy needs to step up and take a HUGE paycut if he wants to win again. Whats the use of him coming back if he's gonna suck up 3/4's of the available cap room? Why come back and just lose again and not make the payoffs? (again)

Edited by LeftWinger

Gee, I'm sorry, nevermind. There should be NO changes next year, lets give Lidstrom $10M, lets give Bertuzzi $2M, lets give Williams $2M, lets give Holmstrom $2M, Helm and the rest of the FA's can battle it out for the remaining money....

All Hail This Years Detroit Red Wings! The BEST roster ever assembled! Stanley Cup, the next 5 years in a row!

Too much Lidstrom love here! The guy needs to step up and take a HUGE paycut if he wants to win again. Whats the use of him coming back if he's gonna suck up 3/4's of the available cap room? Why come back and just lose again and not make the payoffs? (again)

Other than that fact that Lidstrom is still 9th among defensemen in points and 8th in +/-, I'm not saying that Lidstrom doesn't need to take a paycut.

I'm just saying you're an idiot and your ideas for next year's salary seem to be drug-induced.

Other than that fact that Lidstrom is still 9th among defensemen in points and 8th in +/-, I'm not saying that Lidstrom doesn't need to take a paycut.

I'm just saying you're an idiot and your ideas for next year's salary seem to be drug-induced.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. What are your suggestions for next year to make this team a top 5 team again? And please don't mention anything about Hudler :puke: coming back...

Thanks for calling me an idiot. What are your suggestions for next year to make this team a top 5 team again? And please don't mention anything about Hudler :puke: coming back...

Yeah, Hudler is obviously a bad player to have at $2.8m, which is why Ken Holland is fully willing to bring him back for that. :rolleyes:

Frankly with one or two decent off-season free agent pickups, we'll be fine.

The problem this season has been injuries. It sounds cliché by this point, but it's very true, and it's still having an effect on this team; Franzen, Zetterberg, Cleary, Filppula, Rafalski, et al aren't at 100%.

I'd honestly like to see us pick up a goal scorer like Afinogenov with the free space we'll be getting.

I think Hudler coming back would be great for this team 57pts on the 3rd line isn't something to many teams have,ya im pissed he left us but come on if you were him you would leave to make 2mill or 10mill a season ? not to many people are going for the 2 especially a young guy

Franzen(3.9)-Datsyuk(6.7)-Holmstrom(1.5)

Zetterberg(6)-Flip(3)-Hudler(2.5)

Cleary(2.5)-Wellwood(1.5)-Ritola(600k)

Abdelkader(1)-Helm(750k)-Draper(1.6)

Eaves(500k)

Lidstrom(4)-Kronwall(3.25)

Rafalski(6)-Stuart(3.75)

Lilja(1.25)-Kindl(800k)

Ericcson(900k)

Howard(750k)

Osgood(1.4)

$54,150,000

I believe Ritola's contract is up this year which means he has to be signed to a big club one or he leaves for picks, i think its time we start giving some of these young guys more of a chance. Instead of having older guys like Bertuzzi and Williams in there why not plus leaves some Cap space to make some changes and what not throughout the year.

Edited by king_malice

Guest Lidstromboli

okay guys i just got done talking to Andrew Ladd and he said he'd chill with us but if it's going to be a sausage party then he's out

I think Hudler coming back would be great for this team 57pts on the 3rd line isn't something to many teams have,ya im pissed he left us but come on if you were him you would leave to make 2mill or 10mill a season ? not to many people are going for the 2 especially a young guy

Franzen(3.9)-Datsyuk(6.7)-Holmstrom(1.5)

Zetterberg(6)-Flip(3)-Hudler(2.5)

Cleary(2.5)-Wellwood(1.5)-Ritola(600k)

Abdelkader(1)-Helm(750k)-Draper(1.6)

Eaves(500k)

Lidstrom(4)-Kronwall(3.25)

Rafalski(6)-Stuart(3.75)

Lilja(1.25)-Kindl(800k)

Ericcson(900k)

Howard(750k)

Osgood(1.4)

$54,150,000

I believe Ritola's contract is up this year which means he has to be signed to a big club one or he leaves for picks, i think its time we start giving some of these young guys more of a chance. Instead of having older guys like Bertuzzi and Williams in there why not plus leaves some Cap space to make some changes and what not throughout the year.

I think with all the injuries we did have this year, the guys on the cusp of making this team had every opportunity to showcase their talents this year with the Wings. Kindl, Ritola, etc... didn't make a good enough impression to make this club during the injuries, so what makes you think they will be worth the chance next season? For the money, I think Miller deserves to be re-signed before Ritola gets the call up.

I think with all the injuries we did have this year, the guys on the cusp of making this team had every opportunity to showcase their talents this year with the Wings. Kindl, Ritola, etc... didn't make a good enough impression to make this club during the injuries, so what makes you think they will be worth the chance next season? For the money, I think Miller deserves to be re-signed before Ritola gets the call up.

i think the fact that they didn't play that bad at all considering the guys that were out, and will defintly be better with better talent around them. Kindl didnt play any worse then Lebda and Ericcson have all season.

Ovechkin-Crosby-Backstrom

Marleau-Stamkos-Heatley

Semin-Parise-Gaborik

Kovalchuk-Malkin-H. Sedin

Green-Keith

Pronger-Doughty

Ehrhoff-Lidstrom

Miller

Nabokov

TOTAL CAP ACCUMULATION: $10,000,000.. MAKE IT WORK KENNY!

What? It's just as outrageous these other ideas.

Ovechkin-Crosby-Backstrom

Marleau-Stamkos-Heatley

Semin-Parise-Gaborik

Kovalchuk-Malkin-H. Sedin

Green-Keith

Pronger-Doughty

Ehrhoff-Lidstrom

Miller

Nabokov

TOTAL CAP ACCUMULATION: $10,000,000.. MAKE IT WORK KENNY!

What? It's just as outrageous these other ideas.

attempt at sarcasm=FAIL

I live in the Toronto area and got to see Wellwood play a ton before he left the Leafs for Vancouver and although he's had a a much better tenure in Vancouver than he did in Toronto I'm still not entirely sold on the guy. I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means but I don't particularly think he's what the Red Wings need most. So far in 60 games this year he has 9 goals and 10 assists while last year in 74 games he had 18 goals and 9 assists. In my mind that is not nearly worth $1.5M a year. We already have Draper, Helm, and Eaves putting up those numbers and in my opinion all work far harder day in and day out. There's no question Wellwood has skill but this kid can be one of the laziest players in the league at times. He doesn't always have the desire to play and when he doesn't watch out. If he ever signed here, trust me, he'd quickly become the LGW new whipping boy.

For me, I want Maltby to reitre, Ritola as our 13th, Bertuzzi re-signed on our 3rd line, Abdelkader on our 3rd, and Hudler back.