• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GONGSHOW HOCKEY

How many players from Team USA would have made Team Canada?

Rate this topic

I think Parise for sure. I also think Suter would have been given some thought over Seabrook. As good as Seabrook is I don't necessarily think he brought a different component to the team that wasn't already there. The fact you could dress all 13 forwards and all 7 defensemen every game made me think a guy like Mike Green would have made more sense over Seabrook even if he was used almost strictly on the PP. I also think Dustin Brown and Patrick Kane would have been given some thought but would have come up just short.

There are just too many good Canadians who were already left off like Jeff Carter and Steven Stamkos.

I think Parise for sure. I also think Suter would have been given some thought over Seabrook. As good as Seabrook is I don't necessarily think he brought a different component to the team that wasn't already there. The fact you could dress all 13 forwards and all 7 defensemen every game made me think a guy like Mike Green would have made more sense over Seabrook even if he was used almost strictly on the PP. I also think Dustin Brown and Patrick Kane would have been given some thought but would have come up just short.

There are just too many good Canadians who were already left off like Jeff Carter and Steven Stamkos.

Ya actually Brown could have probably played on the 4th line- would have had to get rid of Morrow though.

I couldn't see Kane making it though, he wouldn't be a top 9 forward on this team imo and a guy like him on the 4th line is just plain worthless to a team.

None, as they're all US born.

Isn't there enough glow in Canada to bask in? Nevermind that the teams went 1-1 in the tournament and the second game was close enough that either team could have taken it at any second, let's talk about how inferior the US team was.

Christ.

yeah I would see Brown as being a younger vesion of Morrow with more offense. Yeah Kane wouldn't fit in the top 9 but in my eyes he'd fall in the same category as Stamkos and Carter. They've got great offensive upside and are worth considering. Since they are so young it would be great to get them that experience but right now there are guys that are producing the same (or better) that have more winning experience so they'd fall short.

It's tough for guys like Carter and Stamkos to compete with captains and stanley cup winners.

Personally, despite how they may have performed, I could have done without the likes of Marleau and Bergeron but that's just my opinion. Even Thornton isn't a big game performer in my eyes but hey, it worked out so what do I have to complain about?

Ya actually Brown could have probably played on the 4th line- would have had to get rid of Morrow though.

I couldn't see Kane making it though, he wouldn't be a top 9 forward on this team imo and a guy like him on the 4th line is just plain worthless to a team.

Kane is outplaying Richards, Heatley, and Marleau this year. I would think they would have had to give some serious thought to pairing him up with Toews and breaking up the Sharks. Unfortunately, Canada has a lot of "must-hires".

Edited by kook_10

Kane is outplaying Richards, Heatley, and Marleau this year. I would think they would have had to give some serious thought to pairing him up with Toews and breaking up the Sharks. Unfortunately, Canada has a lot of "must-hires".

Richards brings an element to the game that Kane can not. His defencive ability is amazing along with his PKing. Marleau and Heatley are both going to be 40 plus goal scorers and are kinda hard to leave off.

Kane, Heatley and Marleau are all having similar years. Kane has 74 points, Heatley has 69 and Marleau has 38 goals to go with 68 points.

Kane, Heatley and Marleau are all having similar years. Kane has 74 points, Heatley has 69 and Marleau has 38 goals to go with 68 points.

Marleau and Heatley are also constantly derided by Canadians for being the biggest chokers you have - especially paired up with big Joe. They are all in the same ballpark, but I think you guys are still putting an American asterisk in your calculation.

Marleau and Heatley are also constantly derided by Canadians for being the biggest chokers you have - especially paired up with big Joe. They are all in the same ballpark, but I think you guys are still putting an American asterisk in your calculation.

Heatley isn't a choker, he never has been known as a choker at any point in his career. Marleau and Joe on the other hand...

Heatley isn't a choker, he never has been known as a choker at any point in his career. Marleau and Joe on the other hand...

Not a choker but definitely a cancer. But perhaps the are not together long enough to worry about that.

For the record I'm Canadian but somewhat agree with some of the Americans in this thread.

Heatley is not a choker what so ever...at least not yet in his career.

Cancer...sure, that's fair in some ppl's opinion. BUt not a choker

For the record I'm Canadian but somewhat agree with some of the Americans in this thread.

Heatley is not a choker what so ever...at least not yet in his career.

Cancer...sure, that's fair in some ppl's opinion. BUt not a choker

No I agree and have never said Heatley was a chocker but it is pretty well concensus that he has been a cancer on locker rooms in the past and I was merely stating that Kane might have been chosen over him for that reason.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

None, as they're all US born.

Isn't there enough glow in Canada to bask in? Nevermind that the teams went 1-1 in the tournament and the second game was close enough that either team could have taken it at any second, let's talk about how inferior the US team was.

Christ.

Cry me a river.