• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GONGSHOW HOCKEY

How many players from Team USA would have made Team Canada?

Rate this topic

"Facts" are, nobody knows who the hell would've been selected or not. This thread is everyone's opinion and nothing more. In light of that, congratulations.

esteef

You're right, I used 'facts' improperly. I should have said, 'odds'.

Thanks.

:thumbup:

Yzerfan1999

Fair enough, that being said - you were the one who turned this thread into something it was not.

Facts are, not many American team members would have made Team Canada. Parise, Miller, maybe Brown or Ryan. In light of that, its impressive they got to the Gold medal game against Canada, with a better record and took them to OT.

If Doan didn't make it Brown wouldn't have. Brown is a good player but Doan is better and pretty much the exact same style. If Stamkos didn't make it Ryan doesn't either. Miller is the only for sure that would've made it and Parise would have been borderline.

No flame.

Miller obviously would have been there over Fleury.

Parise probably would have been given a good shot at the team by Yzerman and co.

That's about all imo

:hysterical: Thats it? Seems to me Canada lost to and then barely beat USA, so I would say the USA had a team that was just as good if not better than the Canadian team. OH Gee, you give Miller the third string? :lol: he outplayed both Luongo and Broduer throughout the tourney. God I wish these cocky ass Canadians would stop with the holier than thou attitude already! One lucky bounce between a gold and a silver. Thats it. It wasn't a totally dominate Canadian over an inferior USA team, it was one lucky bounce. Get over yourselves.... 1952...

Edited by LeftWinger

If Doan didn't make it Brown wouldn't have. Brown is a good player but Doan is better and pretty much the exact same style. If Stamkos didn't make it Ryan doesn't either. Miller is the only for sure that would've made it and Parise would have been borderline.

Valid points, but I still think Parise would have made it. That kid is lights out. He's been one of the leagues top 10 best players for the last 3 years. Brown does have guys like Morrow and Doan who are very similar players, he is just younger, but overall you're probably right.

Nobody's bitter here. You can't just say I'm bitter and lo and behold I'm bitter. I can say you're a multitude of things, yet I refrain.

I'm saying be humble, because Americans (even the ones who aren't bitter) are getting tired of hearing about it.

Ego is a horrible thing to waste on those who just don't care.

Ok. Just to get this straight, I went in to the Canada vs. USA thread days after the US beat Canada. American's were bragging and still waving flags. I told them that they hadn't one s*** yet and if we meet you in the finals you will get it back and you won't like it. They told me to f*** off, more or less. So we ended up beating them and now just as I thought it would play out if we won, American's say we are bragging too much and they are not happy about it. I hate to say say I told them so. You may not have been one that was in that thread but it really doesn't matter.

:hysterical: Thats it? Seems to me Canada lost to and then barely beat USA, so I would say the USA had a team that was just as good if not better than the Canadian team. OH Gee, you give Miller the third string? :lol: he outplayed both Luongo and Broduer throughout the tourney. God I wish these cocky ass Canadians would stop with the holier than thou attitude already! One lucky bounce between a gold and a silver. Thats it. It wasn't a totally dominate Canadian over an inferior USA team, it was one lucky bounce. Get over yourselves.... 1952...

Yes that is it. The US played great together but individually their own talents aren't that great. Miller very well may have started for Canada if he was on our team but we aren't going to leave Fleury on the team and cut Brodeur. We would cut Fleury and have those three who ever starts would be up to the way they play. Nobody is saying Miller was the 3rd goalie. Stop being dense. It was a close game. We had some more chances then you guys did. Miller had to be great. The "bounce" you speak of was not really a bounce at all. It was winning the battle for the puck and Rafalski makeing a mistake. Nobody is trying to be cocky or brag. This thread was an opion thread on who could have made team Canada. Quit your ******* whining.

Parise and Miller are definites.

Edited by zettie85

Fair enough, that being said - you were the one who turned this thread into something it was not.

I call bulls***. The first line of the original post is "No flame." When I see that, the meaning for me is "I realize this is about to piss a lot of people off". All I did was question the relevance of the conversation in this forum, at this time, while attempting to point out it's ludicrous in the first place. All of a sudden I was bitter. Now I derailed the thread to boot. I'm going to lose a lot of sleep tonight, and it may well affect my diet.

No we can't. I happen to have a strong passion for Hockey, Baseball, Football and Basketball. Always have, always will. I'm like a junkie when it comes to the 4 major pro sports. lol

I could agree with you on three. Although I do watch college basketball from time to time especially march madness but besdies checking how the Rap's are doing in the standings I stay far away from the NBA.

I could agree with you on three. Although I do watch college basketball from time to time especially march madness but besdies checking how the Rap's are doing in the standings I stay far away from the NBA.

Yes I'm also extremely passionate for college basketball and college football. Occasionally college hockey as well. But for me its all about the 4 major pro sports and college football/basketball.

I call bulls***. The first line of the original post is "No flame." When I see that, the meaning for me is "I realize this is about to piss a lot of people off". All I did was question the relevance of the conversation in this forum, at this time, while attempting to point out it's ludicrous in the first place. All of a sudden I was bitter. Now I derailed the thread to boot. I'm going to lose a lot of sleep tonight, and it may well affect my diet.

Don't give yourself so much credit. These guys are talking Basketball.