Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Why is there so much love for Filppula on this board?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

I love how the Filppula crowd jumps in and tries to make Kesler's contract an example of why I'm wrong on Filppula. So, Kesler's projection of 27 pts=$1.75 M, Filppula's 36 points earned him $3M. I bet Kesler wishes he put up just a few more points, by that logic. So what if he wasn't a point-per-game AHLer. Kesler is still the better player.

Prior to his current deal, Flip had played 155 NHL regular season games in 3 seasons, scoring 29 goals (career high: 19) & 25 (career high: 17) assists, and 40 playoff games, scoring 8 & 8. He also played a fairly key role on a Stanley Cup Championship team.

Kesler, prior to his current deal, played 158 games in 3 seasons, scoring 18 goals (career high: 10) & 26 assists (career high:13). He added 1 playoff game in which he did not have a point. He was also coming off a fairly serious injury.

The salary cap when Kesler signed was $6.4 million lower than when Filppula signed. Kesler is now in the final year of his contract, while Flip has 3 more years.

#102 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Another point from Fil. He's playing a solid game, but what else is new....enjoy the sauce :banana:
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#103 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

To me, the most promsing thing about Flip's future development is the one Bowman interview where he absoulutly climaxed about the guy. He clearly has the potential... it's just he seems, to me at least, to be holding back a little, as if waiting for it to happen on its own.

Idk though, hopefully he can peak.

EBaked, those two words should never be used together in the same sentence: that's a horrible visual.

#104 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

To me, the most promsing thing about Flip's future development is the one Bowman interview where he absoulutly climaxed about the guy. He clearly has the potential... it's just he seems, to me at least, to be holding back a little, as if waiting for it to happen on its own.

Idk though, hopefully he can peak.

ZDC, Fox News?

And I don't think he's waiting for it to happen. I actually think he's deferring to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Somehow he has to be challenged to expand and believing that he can play well on offense without having to sacrifice any increment of his quality defense.

#105 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

EBaked, those two words should never be used together in the same sentence: that's a horrible visual.

Agree to disagree
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club