• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Has not been his usual self this season, and as of late he's looking more, and more as though he's got a lingering injury that's really hampering his overall game.

Am I the only that's been thinking this?...Does Babcock sit him out a few games to rest?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#2 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Injuries to this team and changing line mates all the time. That's the problem. Now stop making these stupid threads.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#3 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

why does everyone think it's an injury, couldn't he just be playing lazy?

Edited by ben_usmc, 09 March 2010 - 10:52 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#4 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Why should he bother?

7million per year
willing and hot gf/wife
life long contract and security

Already won:
Stanley Cup
World championship
Olympics

Already awarded:
Conn Smythe

What has he left to prove? Nothing.

Edited by mindfly, 09 March 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#5 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Injuries to this team and changing line mates all the time. That's the problem. Now stop making these stupid threads.

wow calm down little
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#6 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

I'd say he's been a disappointment so far this year.

He needs to score. Period.

#7 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

hes got s*** line mates.

#8 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

wow calm down little

I'm sorry man but these threads are getting annoying. All of the Wings problems come down to one or two things yet people make threads every single night trying to discuss what is going wrong.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#9 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

hes got s*** line mates.

Eh, I'm not a fan of that excuse. He should be able to make the players around him better.

That is unless we have all overrated how good Zetterberg is/was.

#10 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Why should he bother?

7million per year
willing and hot gf/wife
life long contract and security

Already won:
Stanley Cup
World championship
Olympics

Already awarded:
Conn Smythe

What has he left to prove? Nothing.

Please, how about pride? Z is known as one of the hardest working players on the team and in the league. I doubt he has just given up because he has "nothing left to prove".

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

:lol:

#12 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

Eh, I'm not a fan of that excuse. He should be able to make the players around him better.

he needs a setup person..whos his setup person? cleary who stands in front of the net or williams who is always looking for the shot.

dats was perfect for him and when they were line mates the whole season you seen their points.

#13 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

he needs a setup person..whos his setup person?

How about Ritola?

Naw, but that would be awesome though.

#14 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

he needs a setup person..whos his setup person? cleary who stands in front of the net or williams who is always looking for the shot.

dats was perfect for him and when they were line mates the whole season you seen their points.

Zetterberg should not be tied for 72nd in goals.

I don't care if he is playing with pylons.

He's still getting plenty of PP time as well.

No excuses.

#15 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Agreed.

Saying he's got crappy linemates doesn't quite add up when he gets beaten to, and pushed off the puck more often than not, appears to tire out quickly, and generally looks out of sorts...I'm thinking a lingering injury, but possibly there's a lack of motivation?...Maybe too many games these past few years has worn him down?

#16 ceebs

ceebs

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

I think we were overrating Zetterburg if he needs Dats to put up points. When Pavel is on his game there are a lot of guys with less skill than Z that can put up big numbers. Z just doesn't look like he used to, like he's lost a step or something. He used to always have the puck on his stick and be able to skate around guys... you just don't see that anymore. If he doesn't pick it up soon we won't be in the playoffs. For a player of his calibre (and cap hit) playing good 2 way hockey isn't enough, he's gotta start scoring.
I'll say this once and I'll say it clearly, Dumphy's on the cup next to Danny Cleary!

#17 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

I'm sorry man but these threads are getting annoying. All of the Wings problems come down to one or two things yet people make threads every single night trying to discuss what is going wrong.

Isn't this a site for fans like us to discuss such matters?

If you don't like a certain thread - then skip it.

#18 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

Please, how about pride? Z is known as one of the hardest working players on the team and in the league. I doubt he has just given up because he has "nothing left to prove".

I agree with this. Granted I don't know the man personally, but based on interviews I've read/seen with him and what people who've met him have said....he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd just "phone it in". Hank's having a bad season yes, but I sincerely doubt it's because he's just saying "f*** it" every time he goes out there. They're all trying, it's just not coming out the way we want it to. Insinuating that anyone on the team, especially one of our assistant captains is "giving up" because they've got a metric ton of trophies/awards, is strange. We don't attract that kind of element. No way the team brass would dish out the kind of contract on him they did or groom him to be Nick's successor at captain if they thought he was capable of phoning it in.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Has not been his usual self this season, and as of late he's looking more, and more as though he's got a lingering injury that's really hampering his overall game.

Am I the only that's been thinking this?...Does Babcock sit him out a few games to rest?

Mickey and Kenny spoke on this subject quite a bit after the game. Both seemed to think he's not 100% healthy. I wondered, "when is anyone 100% in this game". If you are, you're not playing hard enough, or your not getting any minutes. I'm betting his shoulder is still bothering him but he was pushed back into the lineup too soon due to the lack of scoring, and the desparate need for wins. At this point, they are pretty hard pressed to sit him for a few games. Z at 75% is better than anything we can replace him with at 100%. What's our option, Meech???

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Mickey and Kenny spoke on this subject quite a bit after the game. Both seemed to think he's not 100% healthy. I wondered, "when is anyone 100% in this game". If you are, you're not playing hard enough, or your not getting any minutes. I'm betting his shoulder is still bothering him but he was pushed back into the lineup too soon due to the lack of scoring, and the desparate need for wins. At this point, they are pretty hard pressed to sit him for a few games. Z at 75% is better than anything we can replace him with at 100%. What's our option, Meech???

As much as it hurts to say this, but maybe - just maybe the best thing for this team is to not make the playoffs this year, and get the much needed rest this summer.

And you're right concerning Hank; he's still a better option while at 75% than a significant portion of our team at 100%.