• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

Edited by mindfly, 09 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

He's playing with two of the best players in the league.

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

Edited by Crymson, 09 March 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#3 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

He has barely played with the Sedins all year, they just put him on that line tonight to try and get the Sedins going as they have been slumping, turns out Sammy has a hat trick :yowza: Burrows has been playing with the Sedins for the majority of the season. Love him or hate him Sammy could always score, he was a 20 + goal scorer on the Wings playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp unit !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#4 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

I should bump my Sammy is clutch thread from last playoffs :(

Posted Image

#5 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

It has to do something with the management. How does every player we get rid of suddenly play 3x better? Are we holding our player's back, and instead trying to force roles?

O.o

#6 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ill stay consistent. I still dont like him.

#7 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

It has to do something with the management. How does every player we get rid of suddenly play 3x better? Are we holding our player's back, and instead trying to force roles?

Huh? How far back you wanna ride the FAIL train on this one?
*this space for rent*

#8 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

just scored 3 more tonight!

#9 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

internet talk is beyond lame.
roles aren't forced? mule was a 3rd line checker untill they realized how bad of an idea that was.

#10 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, you're REAL cool.
Choo choo.

O.o

#11 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

He's playing with the Sedin twins. If he was playing with Datsyuk in Zetterberg all year in the 07-08 or 08-09 seasons he could've put at least that much up.

Do you really think he's a better scorer than Hank? Don't be retarded. If you put Hank with the Sedins this year he'd have s***-tons of goals too.

internet talk is beyond lame.
roles aren't forced? mule was a 3rd line checker untill they realized how bad of an idea that was.

How'd they figure that out? Did they put him on the 1st line for a full year and force it out of him? No. He had a couple of games on the 2nd line to make an impression and immediately did. That speaks more to the power of confidence than anything else.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

He's playing with the Sedin twins. If he was playing with Datsyuk in Zetterberg all year in the 07-08 or 08-09 seasons he could've put at least that much up.

Do you really think he's a better scorer than Hank? Don't be retarded. If you put Hank with the Sedins this year he'd have s***-tons of goals too.

How'd they figure that out? Did they put him on the 1st line for a full year and force it out of him? No. He had a couple of games on the 2nd line to make an impression and immediately did. That speaks more to the power of confidence than anything else.

Wrong.

He does not play with the Sedin's consistantly, tonight was the first night they had been toghether as a whole line.

I was one of the few posters who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us and the exact same his second. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

EDIT: If you gave Hudler Sammuelsson's minutes he would be on pace for 70+ points, and that is not even taking into account the superior linemate effect (Kesler+Mason>Sammy+Flip)

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 10 March 2010 - 01:01 AM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#13 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

He bashes everyone. So you're probably not wrong.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#14 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

Wrong.

He does not play with the Sedin's consistantly, tonight was the first night they had been toghether as a whole line.

I was one of the few players who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

Thank you, I tried to explain this about 5 posts before this. He has had some very short spot duty with the Sedins this year but mostly has played with Kesler and Raymond who have also had good years coincidentally. Good shot, Big body, Feisty when he has to be...all things I think we would take back in a heartbeat including his 20+ goals !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#15 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

playing more minutes on a better team, making more money and his play is excelling

looks like Sammy made the right move

he can have a good laugh at this Wings team and good for him

#16 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

playing more minutes on a better team, making more money and his play is excelling

looks like Sammy made the right move

he can have a good laugh at this Wings team and good for him

Well, to be honest Vancouver has a fortunate situation. They have the Sedin twins, and Roberto Luongo signed for cap friendly deals. They Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, and Mason Raymond contracts are absolute steals. They were in a position where they could offer Sammy the contract he received.have let Sammy go too.

#17 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Thank you, I tried to explain this about 5 posts before this. He has had some very short spot duty with the Sedins this year but mostly has played with Kesler and Raymond who have also had good years coincidentally. Good shot, Big body, Feisty when he has to be...all things I think we would take back in a heartbeat including his 20+ goals !

it's cognitive dissonance. Posters like Crymson try to find excuses on why something isn't going the Wings' way to make themselves feel better and to make the wings look always in the right.. They make up circumstances that would seemingly be beyond the Wings organization control(ie playing with the Sedin twins) as a scapegoat. What's even sadder is they usually don't even come out and admit when they're wrong. Whatever, truth is, he simply turned out to be a damn clutch player and the wings sure as hell are not the same without him. I will be the first to admit that I grossly underestimated his importance.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#18 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

it's cognitive dissonance. Posters like Crymson try to find excuses on why something isn't going the Wings' way to make themselves feel better and to make the wings look always in the right.. They make up circumstances that would seemingly be beyond the Wings organization control(ie playing with the Sedin twins) as a scapegoat. What's even sadder is they usually don't even come out and admit when they're wrong. Whatever, truth is, he simply turned out to be a damn clutch player and the wings sure as hell are not the same without him. I will be the first to admit that I grossly underestimated his importance.

If I could up your post 20 times I would. And good looks on admitting you were in the wrong. Should I ever be wrong about anything hockey related, I will follow your lead.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#19 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

If I could up your post 20 times I would. And good looks on admitting you were in the wrong. Should I ever be wrong about anything hockey related, I will follow your lead.

Thanks bud, :thumbup:

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#20 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

Wrong.

I was one of the few posters who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us and the exact same his second. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

EDIT: If you gave Hudler Sammuelsson's minutes he would be on pace for 70+ points, and that is not even taking into account the superior linemate effect (Kesler+Mason>Sammy+Flip)

Not wrong at all. He regularly plays with the Sedins.

God forbid you preface something like goals scored by mentioning that he's playing alongside the second highest point getter in the league this season. I mean that's just absurd.

No one is saying Sammy is s***. But saying his play hasn't been inflated at all by the Sedins is just as absurd.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft