• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Samuelsson highest scoring swede as of today

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

Edited by mindfly

Guest Crymson

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

He's playing with two of the best players in the league.

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

Edited by Crymson

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

He has barely played with the Sedins all year, they just put him on that line tonight to try and get the Sedins going as they have been slumping, turns out Sammy has a hat trick :yowza: Burrows has been playing with the Sedins for the majority of the season. Love him or hate him Sammy could always score, he was a 20 + goal scorer on the Wings playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp unit !

Guest Four

It has to do something with the management. How does every player we get rid of suddenly play 3x better? Are we holding our player's back, and instead trying to force roles?

It has to do something with the management. How does every player we get rid of suddenly play 3x better? Are we holding our player's back, and instead trying to force roles?

Huh? How far back you wanna ride the FAIL train on this one?

He's playing with the Sedin twins. If he was playing with Datsyuk in Zetterberg all year in the 07-08 or 08-09 seasons he could've put at least that much up.

Do you really think he's a better scorer than Hank? Don't be retarded. If you put Hank with the Sedins this year he'd have s***-tons of goals too.

internet talk is beyond lame.

roles aren't forced? mule was a 3rd line checker untill they realized how bad of an idea that was.

How'd they figure that out? Did they put him on the 1st line for a full year and force it out of him? No. He had a couple of games on the 2nd line to make an impression and immediately did. That speaks more to the power of confidence than anything else.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He's playing with the Sedin twins. If he was playing with Datsyuk in Zetterberg all year in the 07-08 or 08-09 seasons he could've put at least that much up.

Do you really think he's a better scorer than Hank? Don't be retarded. If you put Hank with the Sedins this year he'd have s***-tons of goals too.

How'd they figure that out? Did they put him on the 1st line for a full year and force it out of him? No. He had a couple of games on the 2nd line to make an impression and immediately did. That speaks more to the power of confidence than anything else.

Wrong.

He does not play with the Sedin's consistantly, tonight was the first night they had been toghether as a whole line.

I was one of the few posters who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us and the exact same his second. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

EDIT: If you gave Hudler Sammuelsson's minutes he would be on pace for 70+ points, and that is not even taking into account the superior linemate effect (Kesler+Mason>Sammy+Flip)

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He bashes everyone. So you're probably not wrong.

Wrong.

He does not play with the Sedin's consistantly, tonight was the first night they had been toghether as a whole line.

I was one of the few players who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

Thank you, I tried to explain this about 5 posts before this. He has had some very short spot duty with the Sedins this year but mostly has played with Kesler and Raymond who have also had good years coincidentally. Good shot, Big body, Feisty when he has to be...all things I think we would take back in a heartbeat including his 20+ goals !

playing more minutes on a better team, making more money and his play is excelling

looks like Sammy made the right move

he can have a good laugh at this Wings team and good for him

Well, to be honest Vancouver has a fortunate situation. They have the Sedin twins, and Roberto Luongo signed for cap friendly deals. They Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, and Mason Raymond contracts are absolute steals. They were in a position where they could offer Sammy the contract he received.have let Sammy go too.

Thank you, I tried to explain this about 5 posts before this. He has had some very short spot duty with the Sedins this year but mostly has played with Kesler and Raymond who have also had good years coincidentally. Good shot, Big body, Feisty when he has to be...all things I think we would take back in a heartbeat including his 20+ goals !

it's cognitive dissonance. Posters like Crymson try to find excuses on why something isn't going the Wings' way to make themselves feel better and to make the wings look always in the right.. They make up circumstances that would seemingly be beyond the Wings organization control(ie playing with the Sedin twins) as a scapegoat. What's even sadder is they usually don't even come out and admit when they're wrong. Whatever, truth is, he simply turned out to be a damn clutch player and the wings sure as hell are not the same without him. I will be the first to admit that I grossly underestimated his importance.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

it's cognitive dissonance. Posters like Crymson try to find excuses on why something isn't going the Wings' way to make themselves feel better and to make the wings look always in the right.. They make up circumstances that would seemingly be beyond the Wings organization control(ie playing with the Sedin twins) as a scapegoat. What's even sadder is they usually don't even come out and admit when they're wrong. Whatever, truth is, he simply turned out to be a damn clutch player and the wings sure as hell are not the same without him. I will be the first to admit that I grossly underestimated his importance.

If I could up your post 20 times I would. And good looks on admitting you were in the wrong. Should I ever be wrong about anything hockey related, I will follow your lead.

If I could up your post 20 times I would. And good looks on admitting you were in the wrong. Should I ever be wrong about anything hockey related, I will follow your lead.

Thanks bud, :thumbup:

Wrong.

I was one of the few posters who always stuck up for Sammy, and am glad to see him doing good.

People are also incorrect with their statements of him never giving us this type of production, as before tonight's game he would be on pace for 53 points, 1 more than he would have had prorated for 82 games his first season with us and the exact same his second. Given his increase in TOI, it isn't anything remarkable or unexpected... at least to me.

EDIT: If you gave Hudler Sammuelsson's minutes he would be on pace for 70+ points, and that is not even taking into account the superior linemate effect (Kesler+Mason>Sammy+Flip)

Not wrong at all. He regularly plays with the Sedins.

God forbid you preface something like goals scored by mentioning that he's playing alongside the second highest point getter in the league this season. I mean that's just absurd.

No one is saying Sammy is s***. But saying his play hasn't been inflated at all by the Sedins is just as absurd.

Not wrong at all. He regularly plays with the Sedins.

God forbid you preface something like goals scored by mentioning that he's playing alongside the second highest point getter in the league this season. I mean that's just absurd.

No one is saying Sammy is s***. But saying his play hasn't been inflated at all by the Sedins is just as absurd.

I've seen Burrows play with the Sedins all season long. In fact, tonight was the first night I've seen Samuelsson play on that line. Has he played on the top line before? Maybe......but the majority of the time has been Burrows/Sedin/Sedin.

I've seen Burrows play with the Sedins all season long. In fact, tonight was the first night I've seen Samuelsson play on that line. Has he played on the top line before? Maybe......but the majority of the time has been Burrows/Sedin/Sedin.

I thought he played with the good Sedin while the other clone was injured. No? I do remember seeing them together but I've also seen games with Burrows up there too.

I thought he played with the good Sedin while the other clone was injured. No? I do remember seeing them together but I've also seen games with Burrows up there too.

I did a little stat. digging and found that just about every assist from a Sedin on a Sammy goal was in March. Like you said, there was a time when Sedin number 1 was injured and Sammy was playing with Sedin number 2 but I only saw a few goals he assisted on during that time, so it didn't make too big a difference. The truth is, the absolute majority of his goals were not assisted by the Sedins. That being said, since they've been obviously clicking together as a line since March, don't expect to see the line split up any time soon but do expect to see a lot more Sammy goals.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I did a little stat. digging and found that just about every assist from a Sedin on a Sammy goal was in March. Like you said, there was a time when Sedin number 1 was injured and Sammy was playing with Sedin number 2 but I only saw a few goals he assisted on during that time, so it didn't make too big a difference. The truth is, the absolute majority of his goals were not assisted by the Sedins. That being said, since they've been obviously clicking together as a line since March, don't expect to see the line split up any time soon but do expect to see a lot more Sammy goals.

So we're both right :) That's my favourite resolution to internet disagreements.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

This is correct, but when both are healthy it is them and Burrows, as already has been stated.