• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Samuelsson highest scoring swede as of today

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well, regularly doesn't usually mean the last week or so, but hey......details, details ;).

And you also refered to him playing with both, not just the one.

I thought he played with the good Sedin while the other clone was injured. No? I do remember seeing them together but I've also seen games with Burrows up there too.

"the good Sedin"? Daniel would be like 3rd or 4th in scoring if he hadn't been injured.

Guest Lidstromboli

He's playing with two of the best players in the league.

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

he usually plays on the 2nd and 3rd lines. only plays with the sedins on the powerplay

As with most things, it's a little bit of everything in sports. Part of it is probably benefiting playing with the Sedins (if he has been playing with them, haven't really watched Vancouver much) or capable linemates, part of it is Samuelsson stepping up to the plate.

It probably didn't matter what he did in Detroit, he was going to be a scapegoat to many here. Definitely clutch at times, but streaky as well overall.

I wouldn't have minded keeping him (before his 20+ goal season or this thread), but glad he's doing well in Vancouver.

Guest mindfly

People really think this guy could've made the difference for us this season? What a joke.

Definetely better than bertuzzi, williams, cleary, filppula etc

He just has something to prove.

He has two countries (Sweden and Red Wing Nation) to tell to go... well, you know.

I still love the guy except when he's playing against Detroit. Hopefully we won't face him in the playoffs (positive thinking!) so I don't have to root against him, but I will if I have to. My allegiance is still to the Winged Wheel.

We sure could have used him this year with all of the injuries, that's for sure, but I doubt Kenny sat down and figured those in last summer when he was crunching numbers. :ph34r:

Wasn't he on Filppula's line for stretches here? The same production dip happened to Bertuzzi when his minutes/center changed. Maybe Flip is a good set-up man, but maybe he just has more chemistry with other guys.

I don't think even the most ardent Sammy bashers would say he couldn't score. He just didn't do it enough (here) + looked worse when compared to players like Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa......

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Wasn't he on Filppula's line for stretches here? The same production dip happened to Bertuzzi when his minutes/center changed. Maybe Flip is a good set-up man, but maybe he just has more chemistry with other guys.

I don't think even the most ardent Sammy bashers would say he couldn't score. He just didn't do it enough (here) + looked worse when compared to players like Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa......

He is actually scoring at a lower rate based on Ice time than his first two seasons here. Just food for thought. I crucnhed the Numbers, and if Hudler had been given the same amount of minutes (using his pace from last year), and kept 3rd line linemates, he would be on pace for 73 points a year.

Sammy's production is not anything new or extrodinary. Hats off to him though, I always liked him

He is actually scoring at a lower rate based on Ice time than his first two seasons here. Just food for thought. I crucnhed the Numbers, and if Hudler had been given the same amount of minutes (using his pace from last year), and kept 3rd line linemates, he would be on pace for 73 points a year.

Sammy's production is not anything new or extrodinary. Hats off to him though, I always liked him

That's an interesting point to know. I think it shows how minimal PPTOI really means--just produce! Hudler is an amazing example of it, still managing to do what he did.

Samuelsson has completely proven to me that he was more valuable than we thought.

Just to put the whole who-he-plays-with thing to rest:

Samuelsson has taken 48.97% of his even-strength shifts this season with Kesler & Raymond.

His second-most common line is with the Sedin's, at 8.06% of his shifts.

7.9% with H. Sedin & Burrows

4.78% with Bernier & Wellwood

3.96% with Burrows & Wellwood

2.96% with Kesler & Shirokov

Many others less than that.

Samuelsson has taken 48.97% of his even-strength shifts this season with Kesler & Raymond.

Wow... where did you get these numbers?!? I'd love to have that kind of detail on the Wings' lines.

That Kesler and Raymond line is still better than most of the Wings lines. Kesler has been having a great year and Raymond hasn't been doing too bad himself either.

Excellent stats. I live just south of Vancouver, trust me dude rarely plays with the two Sedins.

Like I said in a previous thread and LGW tried to trash me, Sammy is totally outgunning the Wings goal scorers. ANd the WIngs lost some much needed grit when they let him go. Even the Canadians on the Cauncks say he got all the talent of the Swedes with the grit of a Canadian.

Its time to face facts; all that defensive responsibility is great, but if we don't put the frikin puck in the net, then it's all for not. I thought we were on to something with these recent 5 goal games, but WTF against Calgary at home, ouch.

Wow... where did you get these numbers?!? I'd love to have that kind of detail on the Wings' lines.

Just google NHL Line Combinations and it's the first site that comes up. Called Dobber's Hockey, I think. Something like that.

Sammy is having a good year and anyone that wouldn't like to have him back needs to look at the standings. I hated his consistent PP shots into the shins of opposing defensemen, but he did score a lot of timely goals.

Samuelsson has a goal and assist tonight.

5 consecutive games with goals! (7 goals in 5 games)

28 goals and 21 assists on the season.

Edited by CanadaBoy

It has to do something with the management. How does every player we get rid of suddenly play 3x better? Are we holding our player's back, and instead trying to force roles?

Ummm look at Sammy's career stats, playing in Detroit made his career, Cleary too.