• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Samuelsson highest scoring swede as of today

Rate this topic

Watching him tear it up together with the Sedins really just makes it even more of a joke that Weinhandl was selected over him for the Olympics.

Glad Sammy is doing well. I was one of the people who tried to defend him while everyone on here was complaining about him all the time.

Definetely better than bertuzzi, williams, cleary, filppula etc

Bert, Williams and Cleary? Absolutely. Filppula? Not a chance. Not a chance. in. hell.

BUT I would LOVE to have Sammy on the second line with Flip and Z instead of Cleary.

Just to put the whole who-he-plays-with thing to rest:

Samuelsson has taken 48.97% of his even-strength shifts this season with Kesler & Raymond.

His second-most common line is with the Sedin's, at 8.06% of his shifts.

7.9% with H. Sedin & Burrows

4.78% with Bernier & Wellwood

3.96% with Burrows & Wellwood

2.96% with Kesler & Shirokov

Many others less than that.

Where do you get that?

13.83% EV 17 KESLER,RYAN - 21 RAYMOND,MASON - 26 SAMUELSSON,MIKAEL

2.9% EV 26 SAMUELSSON,MIKAEL - 22 SEDIN,DANIEL - 33 SEDIN,HENRIK

This is at even strength, everything else is below that 2.9%. I ripped on Samuelsson for most of his career, calling him the Red Wings Killer and Shin Pad Assassin, but he's sure turned out to be a good player. Sheesh.

13.83% EV 17 KESLER,RYAN - 21 RAYMOND,MASON - 26 SAMUELSSON,MIKAEL

2.9% EV 26 SAMUELSSON,MIKAEL - 22 SEDIN,DANIEL - 33 SEDIN,HENRIK

This is at even strength, everything else is below that 2.9%. I ripped on Samuelsson for most of his career, calling him the Red Wings Killer and Shin Pad Assassin, but he's sure turned out to be a good player. Sheesh.

I want to know where you're getting those numbers!

I want to know where you're getting those numbers!

Just google "dobber hockey line combinations". It's a really good site for fantasy stats, but I usually use it for NHL 10 lines. I'm a nerd when it comes to hockey video games.

Good for Sammy, but I still wouldnt want him here. It's great that he can score but the guy was and always will be a turnover machine that wont touch anyone to save his life. Im good with Z, Dats, Franzen, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary, Bertuzzi. There's just no room for him here.

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

him and Fleischman with the Caps. man that hurts. I remember when Fleishman got traded in the Lang trade (he's a prospect who will never make the Wings roster was the verdict on the board)

Ooops....

:-(

Also, it was not a mistake at all to let Sammy go. We let him go because we wanted to have room to sign Hudler, in which you keep a 25 year old who is capable of producing more points over a 33 year old 10 times out of 10. The Wings brass couldnt have predicted hed go to the KHL.

Sammy really got the short end of the stick when Hossa signed. Forced him down to less minutes, same with Fil really.

He can be very inconsistent and take some really awful shots, but he's always been a lot better than most here give him credit for.

Holland had to make some difficult cap decisions, Sammy was one of those. If he knew now what happend with Hudler going over seas and Hossa signing in Chicago I believe he would have signed Sammy to about 2 million. Personally I hated losing a right handed shot with size, but I didn't like how babcock used him on the point. To play the point you need to make smart, quick decisions and that's not Sammy's game. Always thought he'd be much more valuable down low on his off wing, firing the one timers on the PP.

It was quite funny that some thought Williams would be a good replacement for him though. He's a much better player than Bert or Willy obviously, but we had to shop at the bargain bin last summer.

Edited by Pucks

Good for Sammy! I wish him continued success.

Hindsight is 20/20, so I won't say Kenny should have brought him back. I was ok with him signing with Vancouver, and I'm still ok with it. There's other guys I'd rather see get the ice time.

Good to see him do well but if we had to do it again I would still chose to sign Franz and Huds over him. Just kinda bit us in the but when Jiri bailed.

Agreed. And it still is a good decision when Hudler has had enough of Russia and comes back.

He has barely played with the Sedins all year, they just put him on that line tonight to try and get the Sedins going as they have been slumping, turns out Sammy has a hat trick :yowza: Burrows has been playing with the Sedins for the majority of the season. Love him or hate him Sammy could always score, he was a 20 + goal scorer on the Wings playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp unit !

Sammy is a good player, and I have always liked him for his two-way and all-around play, but...

In Detroit the past couple seasons he was rarely on a line that did not include one of Zetterberg, Filppula, or Hudler. Underrated shot, definitely, but the guy is overacheiving this season.

Good for Sammy, but I still wouldnt want him here. It's great that he can score but the guy was and always will be a turnover machine that wont touch anyone to save his life. Im good with Z, Dats, Franzen, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary, Bertuzzi. There's just no room for him here.

As a Canucks fan, all I can do is thank the hell out of you for thinking along the same lines as Ken Holland. :)

I loved to hate him MOST during the regular season but he really shined in the playoffs. In hindsight, yeah, I wish he had re-signed. But this is just one of those cases where I just gotta give the guy credit, he's become a soild player...who knew??? (apparently the Canucks).