• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

Not wrong at all. He regularly plays with the Sedins.

God forbid you preface something like goals scored by mentioning that he's playing alongside the second highest point getter in the league this season. I mean that's just absurd.

No one is saying Sammy is s***. But saying his play hasn't been inflated at all by the Sedins is just as absurd.

I've seen Burrows play with the Sedins all season long. In fact, tonight was the first night I've seen Samuelsson play on that line. Has he played on the top line before? Maybe......but the majority of the time has been Burrows/Sedin/Sedin.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

I've seen Burrows play with the Sedins all season long. In fact, tonight was the first night I've seen Samuelsson play on that line. Has he played on the top line before? Maybe......but the majority of the time has been Burrows/Sedin/Sedin.

I thought he played with the good Sedin while the other clone was injured. No? I do remember seeing them together but I've also seen games with Burrows up there too.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

I thought he played with the good Sedin while the other clone was injured. No? I do remember seeing them together but I've also seen games with Burrows up there too.

I did a little stat. digging and found that just about every assist from a Sedin on a Sammy goal was in March. Like you said, there was a time when Sedin number 1 was injured and Sammy was playing with Sedin number 2 but I only saw a few goals he assisted on during that time, so it didn't make too big a difference. The truth is, the absolute majority of his goals were not assisted by the Sedins. That being said, since they've been obviously clicking together as a line since March, don't expect to see the line split up any time soon but do expect to see a lot more Sammy goals.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 10 March 2010 - 03:25 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:30 AM

I did a little stat. digging and found that just about every assist from a Sedin on a Sammy goal was in March. Like you said, there was a time when Sedin number 1 was injured and Sammy was playing with Sedin number 2 but I only saw a few goals he assisted on during that time, so it didn't make too big a difference. The truth is, the absolute majority of his goals were not assisted by the Sedins. That being said, since they've been obviously clicking together as a line since March, don't expect to see the line split up any time soon but do expect to see a lot more Sammy goals.

So we're both right :) That's my favourite resolution to internet disagreements.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:31 AM

This is correct, but when both are healthy it is them and Burrows, as already has been stated.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#26 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

So we're both right :) That's my favourite resolution to internet disagreements.

Well, regularly doesn't usually mean the last week or so, but hey......details, details ;).

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#27 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Well, regularly doesn't usually mean the last week or so, but hey......details, details ;).

And you also refered to him playing with both, not just the one.
Victory Honda Forever.

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:04 AM

Meh.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#29 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

"the good Sedin"? Daniel would be like 3rd or 4th in scoring if he hadn't been injured.

#30 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

He's playing with two of the best players in the league.

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20. Give me a f*cking break. Half the people on this forum bashed Samuelsson on a consistent basis. You were probably one of them.

he usually plays on the 2nd and 3rd lines. only plays with the sedins on the powerplay

Posted Image

#31 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

As with most things, it's a little bit of everything in sports. Part of it is probably benefiting playing with the Sedins (if he has been playing with them, haven't really watched Vancouver much) or capable linemates, part of it is Samuelsson stepping up to the plate.

It probably didn't matter what he did in Detroit, he was going to be a scapegoat to many here. Definitely clutch at times, but streaky as well overall.

I wouldn't have minded keeping him (before his 20+ goal season or this thread), but glad he's doing well in Vancouver.

#32 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

People really think this guy could've made the difference for us this season? What a joke.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#33 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

People really think this guy could've made the difference for us this season? What a joke.

Definetely better than bertuzzi, williams, cleary, filppula etc

#34 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Definetely better than bertuzzi, williams, cleary, filppula etc

I agree. But I don't think that would've made a difference looking at the big picture.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#35 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:42 AM

I agree. But I don't think that would've made a difference looking at the big picture.

Yea, he would have gotten injured on the Wings....

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

He just has something to prove.

He has two countries (Sweden and Red Wing Nation) to tell to go... well, you know.

I still love the guy except when he's playing against Detroit. Hopefully we won't face him in the playoffs (positive thinking!) so I don't have to root against him, but I will if I have to. My allegiance is still to the Winged Wheel.

We sure could have used him this year with all of the injuries, that's for sure, but I doubt Kenny sat down and figured those in last summer when he was crunching numbers. :ph34r:

#37 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

good for him...
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#38 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

Wasn't he on Filppula's line for stretches here? The same production dip happened to Bertuzzi when his minutes/center changed. Maybe Flip is a good set-up man, but maybe he just has more chemistry with other guys.

I don't think even the most ardent Sammy bashers would say he couldn't score. He just didn't do it enough (here) + looked worse when compared to players like Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa......

#39 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I think we have enough logo-hunters on our team as it is.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#40 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Wasn't he on Filppula's line for stretches here? The same production dip happened to Bertuzzi when his minutes/center changed. Maybe Flip is a good set-up man, but maybe he just has more chemistry with other guys.

I don't think even the most ardent Sammy bashers would say he couldn't score. He just didn't do it enough (here) + looked worse when compared to players like Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa......

He is actually scoring at a lower rate based on Ice time than his first two seasons here. Just food for thought. I crucnhed the Numbers, and if Hudler had been given the same amount of minutes (using his pace from last year), and kept 3rd line linemates, he would be on pace for 73 points a year.

Sammy's production is not anything new or extrodinary. Hats off to him though, I always liked him
Victory Honda Forever.