• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

I want to know where you're getting those numbers!

Just google "dobber hockey line combinations". It's a really good site for fantasy stats, but I usually use it for NHL 10 lines. I'm a nerd when it comes to hockey video games.

#62 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Good for Sammy, but I still wouldnt want him here. It's great that he can score but the guy was and always will be a turnover machine that wont touch anyone to save his life. Im good with Z, Dats, Franzen, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary, Bertuzzi. There's just no room for him here.

#63 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Blade Brunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

27 goals this man has, not even selected for the olympics.. Did he perhaps had 19-20goals at most with the wings?...now you realise how solid he was for the wings, F*ck...

I'd take them 27goals and lots of A's to go with it and more to come for 2.5M per year.

him and Fleischman with the Caps. man that hurts. I remember when Fleishman got traded in the Lang trade (he's a prospect who will never make the Wings roster was the verdict on the board)

Ooops....

:-(

Bring back No. 91

#64 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Also, it was not a mistake at all to let Sammy go. We let him go because we wanted to have room to sign Hudler, in which you keep a 25 year old who is capable of producing more points over a 33 year old 10 times out of 10. The Wings brass couldnt have predicted hed go to the KHL.

#65 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Just google "dobber hockey line combinations". It's a really good site for fantasy stats, but I usually use it for NHL 10 lines. I'm a nerd when it comes to hockey video games.

THAT IS SO COOL

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#66 Cheveldae32

Cheveldae32

OFD

• Gold Booster
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Good to see him do well but if we had to do it again I would still chose to sign Franz and Huds over him. Just kinda bit us in the but when Jiri bailed...and he still looks like big bird even in a Canucks uni

#67 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Sammy really got the short end of the stick when Hossa signed. Forced him down to less minutes, same with Fil really.
He can be very inconsistent and take some really awful shots, but he's always been a lot better than most here give him credit for.

Holland had to make some difficult cap decisions, Sammy was one of those. If he knew now what happend with Hudler going over seas and Hossa signing in Chicago I believe he would have signed Sammy to about 2 million. Personally I hated losing a right handed shot with size, but I didn't like how babcock used him on the point. To play the point you need to make smart, quick decisions and that's not Sammy's game. Always thought he'd be much more valuable down low on his off wing, firing the one timers on the PP.

It was quite funny that some thought Williams would be a good replacement for him though. He's a much better player than Bert or Willy obviously, but we had to shop at the bargain bin last summer.

Edited by Pucks, 14 March 2010 - 12:12 PM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#68 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

I heard today that he has 12 points in his last 6 games!

That includes 9 goals in that stretch.

Don't know if I heard correctly, but that's incredible.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#69 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

Good for Sammy! I wish him continued success.

Hindsight is 20/20, so I won't say Kenny should have brought him back. I was ok with him signing with Vancouver, and I'm still ok with it. There's other guys I'd rather see get the ice time.

Good to see him do well but if we had to do it again I would still chose to sign Franz and Huds over him. Just kinda bit us in the but when Jiri bailed.

Agreed. And it still is a good decision when Hudler has had enough of Russia and comes back.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#70 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

He has barely played with the Sedins all year, they just put him on that line tonight to try and get the Sedins going as they have been slumping, turns out Sammy has a hat trick :yowza: Burrows has been playing with the Sedins for the majority of the season. Love him or hate him Sammy could always score, he was a 20 + goal scorer on the Wings playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp unit !

Sammy is a good player, and I have always liked him for his two-way and all-around play, but...

In Detroit the past couple seasons he was rarely on a line that did not include one of Zetterberg, Filppula, or Hudler. Underrated shot, definitely, but the guy is overacheiving this season.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#71 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Good for Sammy, but I still wouldnt want him here. It's great that he can score but the guy was and always will be a turnover machine that wont touch anyone to save his life. Im good with Z, Dats, Franzen, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary, Bertuzzi. There's just no room for him here.

As a Canucks fan, all I can do is thank the hell out of you for thinking along the same lines as Ken Holland. :)
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#72 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

It IS kind of crazy that Sammy has 30 goals and no one on the Wings has more than 20.

#73 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:14 AM

dats has 21

Posted Image

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

Never would have guessed that before the season started.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#75 b-random

b-random

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:56 AM

I loved to hate him MOST during the regular season but he really shined in the playoffs. In hindsight, yeah, I wish he had re-signed. But this is just one of those cases where I just gotta give the guy credit, he's become a soild player...who knew??? (apparently the Canucks).

#76 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

I always loved this guy. We should've never let him go. You all remember how I said we did a terrible mistake when we didn't resign him? We should fire Ken Holland, he knows absolutely nothing. I'm still a big Samuelsson supporter. I've always loved Swedish players so much!
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#77 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

I always loved this guy. We should've never let him go. You all remember how I said we did a terrible mistake when we didn't resign him? We should fire Ken Holland, he knows absolutely nothing. I'm still a big Samuelsson supporter. I've always loved Swedish players so much!

lol surprised hearing that from you

#78 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Im not suprised by this at all, pissed off still that hes doing well as per I dont like him very much at all! But he did pot a fair few for us on the 3rd and fourth lines so putting him with the sedins on line 1? put Willams there and hed probably net 30 too!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#79 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

:lol: Fire Holland because he let a 33 year old go? I guess all his success in the mid to lower level draft picks mean nothing to you?
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#80 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

:lol: Fire Holland because he let a 33 year old go? I guess all his success in the mid to lower level draft picks mean nothing to you?

Man you really think I love Swedes? : D
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!