• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Bring up Helm

Rate this topic

Jake Ryan? Seriously whatever happened to him?

It sounds like a good idea but Helm should really play center. You want his effectiveness to cover the center of the ice.

Z can play the wing. Might not be that bad of and idea for a period if the Helm-Draper-Eaves line isn't quite cutting it one game.

I'm at the point where there is nothing you could do to the line up that would make it worse(Obviously in reason).

We need to try anything and everything.

I'd much rather try Zetterberg/Datsyuk together before putting Helm in an already bigger role.

Helm is a bottom 6 penalty killer. Giving him top 6 ice time, while maintaining his PK role is a large large burden. Especially when his game is revolved around his effort on ice.

I'm at the point where there is nothing you could do to the line up that would make it worse(Obviously in reason).

We need to try anything and everything.

I'd much rather try Zetterberg/Datsyuk together before putting Helm in an already bigger role.

Helm is a bottom 6 penalty killer. Giving him top 6 ice time, while maintaining his PK role is a large large burden. Especially when his game is revolved around his effort on ice.

Only way I wanna see Z/D on there together is if Franzen stays on there. Him and D have been magical since his return. Bringing up Z would leave Homer and Bert Centered by Flip? Wouldn't we have to break up Helm/Draper/Eaves just to have another center or would Williams be the guy?

Why not try Helm on the second line and see if he can give some much needed energy to Z and Cleary.

Jake Ryan, is that you?! :D

Hehe, there was a member on here was that was all he did, either wanted Helm to always be on the top line or just ripping on Tomas Holmstrom. Just about every post of his was one or the other.

But I digress, just giving you friendly grief.

It's getting around that time to trying different stuff out I think, if the Wings go on any extended losing streak I think their goose is cooked in terms of making the playoffs.

Helm has shown scoring touch at some points but is maddingly incosistent when it comes to scoring goals, and for now he's not here to score 10 goals a game or play on top two lines. It could be a viable option, but I think there are other things you can do before doing this like reuniting Datstyuk-Zetterberg, or perhaps Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom as that line had some success when there were a ridiculous amount of injuries, etc.

How about Helm centering the third line with Cleary and Eaves. That would be a fun line. Cleary might get it going on a checking line and the second line would be stronger with Z and Fil.

Franzen Datsyuk Holmstrom

Zetterberg Filppula Bertuzzi

Cleary Helm Eaves

Miller Draper Williams

How about Helm centering the third line with Cleary and Eaves. That would be a fun line. Cleary might get it going on a checking line and the second line would be stronger with Z and Fil.

Cleary Helm Eaves

Miller Draper Williams

That looks good to me. :thumbup:

Cleary Helm Eaves

Miller Draper Williams

That can't produce any worse effort than last night, might as well give it a shot.

My post from another board:

Any one else wondering what Helm could do as a support guy on a scoring line? It appears he could have 5 goals in a game and Babcock wouldn't reward the guy. I've seen every player on this roster get a shot moving up besides Helm. He's almost too good at checking for his own good. His speed an work ethic could be a massive help to Z right now. Who gives a s*** who centers the 4th line.

I was wondering when people would start questioning why Helm hasn't been given a chance to move up. As someone pointed out his whole NHL career he's been playing with pylons for linemates....sure these other guys have the odd good game,but they are far & few between. I don't understand why he gets zero minutes on the PP....not the greatest hands around the net but being fearless in the corners & behind the net he could set up our snipers time after time.Why guys like Miller,Cleary & even Bert get more icetime than Helmer is beyond me...but soon as Wings penalty is called , he's the 1st guy out there killing himself to get the puck out,blocking shots & making great plays even on his knees if he has to! I think he needs to be rewarded with a shot at top 6...I don't think the team will be any worse off.

Don't want to beat a dead horse but over on the HF boards they have near end of season grade reports....the lowest mark Helmer got was a B along with several "A"s...best on the team....but guess what ....he's stuck on the 4th line & Miller is centering the 3rd line ????

I have been saying all along that Helm should be centering the third line between any combination of Eaves, Cleary, and Williams.

We need to get our scoring forwards playing together, not trying to spread out the scoring and diluting the effectiveness of our setup men with inferior linemates.

Top 6 forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmstrom, Filppula, Bertuzzi (any line combo will do)

Bottom 6 forwards: Cleary, Helm, Williams, Draper, Eaves, Miller (Helm centers the 3rd, Draper centers the 4th)

There is no reason to have Miller or Williams centering a line when we have 5 centers in the lineup, only one has to play wing and it should be Z on Pavel's wing, those two bring out the best in each other and we need them both to be producing as much as possible at this point.

How about we try to keep some lines together for more than a couple of games to develop chemistry? IMO Helm is great in his current role, Would he be better served with 18-20 mins a game? I'm not sure.

Guest Lidstromboli

helm has potential to be an 80 point player so i don't see why not

Guest lilja4mvp

helm has potential to be an 80 point player so i don't see why not

i ******* LOL'd

+1 for that, duder