No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Chris Chelios Called up,

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Via Kukla's twitter

Edit: and puck daddy's twitter...

2nd Edit: both are using Chris Vivlamore as their source (thrashers beat writer for AJC) @ajcthrashers

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut

Chelios is done the only reason teams are keeping him around is for his leadership and experience for the kids to learn something.

and this is a problem how??

I'm sure you got where you are with 0 mentoring.

Good for Chelios. Too bad a goal went in off of him. Kinda funny. They have been scratching the hell out of Slava, wonder if it's performance, personal, or a little bit of both? Did he get s***ty with management after Ilya was traded or something?

Does anyone think that he is being a little selfish by going back to the NHL instead of be there for his two sons in the midwest?

I understand you want to play competitive hockey as long as possible, but for starters you aren't competitive in the NHL anymore and it would be responsible to focus your attention on your kids who are getting into the minors and such.

I'm not a parent, so I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, but as a son it meant a lot to have a dad there for support.

Does anyone think that he is being a little selfish by going back to the NHL instead of be there for his two sons in the midwest?

I understand you want to play competitive hockey as long as possible, but for starters you aren't competitive in the NHL anymore and it would be responsible to focus your attention on your kids who are getting into the minors and such.

I'm not a parent, so I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, but as a son it meant a lot to have a dad there for support.

We're all selfish by default, that's natural. I don't see him being any more selfish that looks like he's abandoning family or friends or whatever.

If you do something you love doing, keep doing it for as long as you can I always say. Of course he has family and other things to consider, but it probably helps that his sons are probably fairly grown up now that they are probably understanding they should try to find something to make a living at and enjoy doing as well for as long as possible.

We're all selfish by default, that's natural. I don't see him being any more selfish that looks like he's abandoning family or friends or whatever.

If you do something you love doing, keep doing it for as long as you can I always say. Of course he has family and other things to consider, but it probably helps that his sons are probably fairly grown up now that they are probably understanding they should try to find something to make a living at and enjoy doing as well for as long as possible.

Well the thing is he would do much better staying with the Wolves (his point totals weren't too shabby during his time there), keep playing hockey competitively, help out young prospects mature, AND be able to spend more time with his sons.

I'm not trying to label him as a horrible guy, just that I don't really understand the change except simply to play in the NHL again.

(yes I am aware I gave him props before but I just thought of this situation)

Edited by Doc Holliday

Well the thing is he would do much better staying with the Wolves (his point totals weren't too shabby during his time there), keep playing hockey competitively, help out young prospects mature, AND be able to spend more time with his sons.

I'm not trying to label him as a horrible guy, just that I don't really understand the change except simply to play in the NHL again.

Understood. I think more/less he's probably talked about over the past year or whatever since he got released by Detroit that he wants to play in the NHL again if he could. So... As hard as it could be to watch him these last few years he's still got some game to play in the NHL and he's just an absurd freak of nature when it comes to workout regimine, so I don't blame him for trying to play at the highest level as long as he can as long as his conditioning/stamina can hold up.

No you don't.

Yeah, well we choose to. Get over it.

Chelios can play as long as someone will have him. Great shape, great mentor.

Doc, I can only relate Chelios choosing to play for Atlanta instead of playing for the Wolves and staying local to being in the Navy and having them station me overseas. I can choose accompanied or unaccompanied, and if the family is "settled" somewhere, I'm going unaccompanied, and even if it were an accompanied tour (and all of mine have been, to include my next assignment - Italy), it doesn't mean I'll be there. Difference is he's making much better money, but we're both doing something we love. The family understands, and his much more than mine. Just wish I'd gotten to see him here in Chicago. Just got settled here and he's already gone...