• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

No suspension for Cooke

Rate this topic

Glad you can manage to read minds of people.

What do I want for lunch while you are at it?

That said, I just miss the days where both players in this situation had accountability.

Cooke has the accountability that if he hits a star player, he will have to answer the bell.

And if the star player leaves himself vulnerable with a player like Cooke on the ice, that's his issue...

Edited by Carman

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Technically speaking, the hit is legal within the current rules of the NHL. How many players get suspended for not violating the rules? I didn't like the hit and I am glad that a rule penalizing these kinds of hits has come out of the GM meetings, but Cooke did not violate any rules.

Rules aside its about respect, knowing you can't make that hit clean you don't make it, it's as simple as that especially from the blind side.

How do you know Cooke didn't think he would of hit Savard high?

I do not like the league determining this.

I really just want the players to police themselves...

It was a legal hit, why would he be suspended?

Just like the Richards hit. Both legal, but vicious hits. No suspension warranted.

And just like the Richards hit it showed a blatant disregard for the other player's safety and was absolutely vicious. This type of hit is not good for hockey. There's a difference between finishing checks and playing recklessly.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And just like the Richards hit it showed a blatant disregard for the other player's safety and was absolutely vicious. This type of hit is not good for hockey. There's a difference between finishing checks and playing recklessly.

That's why a rule regarding these types of hits has come out of the GM meetings.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Same here.

Bettman's chosen franchise gets a pass once again.

I'll laugh if Crosby or Malkin get their heads taken off the next time Boston and Pittsburgh play. And of course, whoever is guilty of doing so will obviously be banned from the league forever.

Edited by edicius

Same here.

I'll laugh if Crosby or Malkin get their heads taken off the next time Boston and Pittsburgh play. And of course, whoever is guilty of doing so will obviously be banned from the league forever.

Doubt it, Crosby is too good of a player to put himself in a vulnerable position...

when do the two teams play again? we could be seeing it in the playoffs, that would be a meat grinder

Next Thursday in Boston.

Makes me wonder if Cooke will be try and injure other teams' stars in the meantime, since, when you pair this with the Donovan knee-on-knee hit, he's obviously gotten Campbell's blessing to do so.

The league is never going to take the hard stance they should on this issue and hit players who deserve it in the checkbook with suspensions. It really doesn't need any hard legislation on the issue, at the end of the day they just need to quit being soft on repeat offenders like Cooke. Give him 5 games to think about it.

The NHL is run by morons and *******, and most times its hard to tell which is which.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Same here.

Really? What team does Richards play for again? How many similar plays have you seen that resulted in suspensions?

How do you know Cooke didn't think he would of hit Savard high?

I do not like the league determining this.

I really just want the players to police themselves...

Police themselves ? thats what is happening now and they still don't stop themselves from almost killing eachother out there!. It wasnt even a shoulder to the head it was straight elbow to the chin. Terrible decision by the league, you put Cindy Crysby in instead of Savard and have a guy like Thornton from the Bruins hitting him the exact same way and we all know what would happen.

and if they don't do something about these heashots everytime it happens it will never stop, this isn't cooke's first time either!, remember he took a run at Duncan Keith and clipped his head then Keith later on tried taking off Cooke's head for pay back.

Police themselves ? thats what is happening now and they still don't stop themselves from almost killing eachother out there!. It wasnt even a shoulder to the head it was straight elbow to the chin. Terrible decision by the league, you put Cindy Crysby in instead of Savard and have a guy like Thornton from the Bruins hitting him the exact same way and we all know what would happen.

Umm, ever hear of that instigator rule? You know the one that allows players like Cooke to do as they please and don't have to worry about having to protect themselves?

Edited by Carman

Really? What team does Richards play for again? How many similar plays have you seen that resulted in suspensions?

Is Richards a repeat offender? Cooke is.

Derek Boogard recently got suspended for a knee-on-knee hit because he is - all together now - a repeat offender.

One could say that Richards got the benefit of the doubt because he's not a repeat offender. Matt Cooke, on the other hand, does this s*** all the time. Remember the suspension he got for his hit to the head of Anisimov? REPEAT. OFFENDER.

Cooke should have gotten at least five games, if not more.

Is Richards a repeat offender? Cooke is.

Derek Boogard recently got suspended for a knee-on-knee hit because he is - all together now - a repeat offender.

One could say that Richards got the benefit of the doubt because he's not a repeat offender. Matt Cooke, on the other hand, does this s*** all the time. Remember the suspension he got for his hit to the head of Anisimov? REPEAT. OFFENDER.

Cooke should have gotten at least five games, if not more.

I am willing to admit if I am wrong here, but I'd be willing to bet that anytime anyone has been suspended for a hit to the head, it's been because they charged, jumped, elbowed, etc. Yes, Cooke is a repeat offender, which means if you offend, you are likely looking at a suspension, but help me understand what the offense was here? He didn't break any rules. This is why Richards was not suspended as well. Richards is no saint either, he can be a pertty dirty player.

Look at the Keith hit on Cooke, that play is no differnt than the Cooke hit on Savard, except that Cooke didn't have the puck. Keith got away with nothing out of it.

Suggesting Cooke got away with this because the league favours Pittsburgh is BS.