• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

No suspension for Cooke

Rate this topic

Vigilante justice, commence!

Caution: This is a dual feed video. The first feed has really low sound while the second has high sound. Nonetheless, props to Jollymania for uppin the vid.

EDIT: How often does Stamkos go out of his way to make a hit?

Edited by titanium2

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Making-Sidney-Crosby-pay-for-Matt-Cooke-s-sins?urn=nhl,228777&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So wrote Ron Borges of the Boston Herald in today's edition (via Kukla), who argues that Cooke won't give the Bruins satisfaction so they'll need to squeeze it out of Sidney Crosby's(notes) veins:

To take the traditional hockey fight route would be silly because:

a) He probably won't fight back, that not being his modus operandi.

b) Why get your own guys in hot water with Campbell sitting upstairs taking notes?

c) It's been 11 days since the original incident, which should have been taken care of at the time by Savard's teammates and wasn't - so it's a bit late for Machismo on Ice.

What the Bruins should do instead is play their most physical game of the year. Contest every loose puck. Take Sidney Crosby down every chance they get. He, not Cooke, is the Penguins' heart and soul. Make him bleed for the sins of his teammate. Take him into the boards. Knock him down every chance you get. Bounce a puck off his nose if you can. If you get a blind side shot at him, put your body through his chest.

Yay for vigilante justice! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by mjlegend

Guest Shoreline

Oh don't ya know - he's a xenophobic fossil who knows nothing about the game :rolleyes:

I don't agree with everything he said but I really can't argue it either. The countless video reels of Cooke doing knee and head shots really speaks for itself as far as he goes in terms of being a gutless and cheapshot-artist player.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest micah

I never thought I'd type these words, but props to Cooke. I loathe the guy and he does a lot of dumb s*** - but in this particular instance he did the right thing. Find the other team's toughguy early and fight him straight up, get it out of the way. Had Cooke gone after May instead of fighting non-fighter Cooke, Bert might not have broke his neck.

I'm glad that Cooke obliged Thornton, but I wonder why he didn't ditch the lid when Thornton asked.

Because he wanted to hide behind his visor like the little ***** that he is.

Nice job by Thornton to continue throwing punches.

:thumbup:

Edited by Original-Six

I never thought I'd type these words, but props to Cooke. I loathe the guy and he does a lot of dumb s*** - but in this particular instance he did the right thing. Find the other team's toughguy early and fight him straight up, get it out of the way. Had Cooke gone after May instead of fighting non-fighter Cooke, Bert might not have broke his neck.

Wasn't Cooke wearing a visor for that fight?

Guest micah

Wasn't Cooke wearing a visor for that fight?

I didn't notice. If he was, he should have ditched it. Nonetheless, going after Thornton early was the right thing to do. Failing to fight a toughguy or turtling would have put his teamates at risk.

Because he wanted to hide behind his visor like the little ***** that he is.

:thumbup:

I didn't notice. If he was, he should have ditched it. Nonetheless, going after Thornton early was the right thing to do. Failing to fight a toughguy or turtling would have put his teamates at risk.

This! :clap: