• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

The fight was meh. I'd rather see Cooke rocked..not concussion like but "man, that hurt like hell" barely getting up to get back to the bench hit. :sly:

I'd rather see Cooke banned from the game but no one ever said the world was supposed to be fair.

#122 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

I never thought I'd type these words, but props to Cooke. I loathe the guy and he does a lot of dumb s*** - but in this particular instance he did the right thing. Find the other team's toughguy early and fight him straight up, get it out of the way. Had Cooke gone after May instead of fighting non-fighter Cooke, Bert might not have broke his neck.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#123 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm glad that Cooke obliged Thornton, but I wonder why he didn't ditch the lid when Thornton asked. It's good to see players policing themselves this way, as I believe this is a situation where fighting could have prevented an injury (from a dirty hit).

#124 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

I'm glad that Cooke obliged Thornton, but I wonder why he didn't ditch the lid when Thornton asked.

Because he wanted to hide behind his visor like the little ***** that he is.

Nice job by Thornton to continue throwing punches.

:thumbup:

Edited by Original-Six, 18 March 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#125 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

I never thought I'd type these words, but props to Cooke. I loathe the guy and he does a lot of dumb s*** - but in this particular instance he did the right thing. Find the other team's toughguy early and fight him straight up, get it out of the way. Had Cooke gone after May instead of fighting non-fighter Cooke, Bert might not have broke his neck.

Wasn't Cooke wearing a visor for that fight?

Posted Image

#126 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

Wasn't Cooke wearing a visor for that fight?

I didn't notice. If he was, he should have ditched it. Nonetheless, going after Thornton early was the right thing to do. Failing to fight a toughguy or turtling would have put his teamates at risk.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#127 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

Because he wanted to hide behind his visor like the little ***** that he is.

:thumbup:

I didn't notice. If he was, he should have ditched it. Nonetheless, going after Thornton early was the right thing to do. Failing to fight a toughguy or turtling would have put his teamates at risk.

This! :clap:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#128 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:45 AM

Geez, the unwritten rules of hockey.

Another example: 50 years ago if you wore a helmet you were ***, but it's okay nowadays. Nowadays if you wear a neck protector you're ***.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |