• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
revmo10

Zetterberg needs to step it up

Rate this topic

Z doesn't get to play with the best players like Datsyuk does...Homer is better than Cleary and Franzen is way better than Williams... Hank doesn't have a lot to work with... Hopefully, moving Flip there will help him out.

Couldnt agree more...I like him with Flip- hopefully that line will work!

Zetterberg Watch Update.

He got one assist last night. 5 shots, 1 hit and 4/9 on faceoffs.

Anyone find it a little odd that Zetterberg (17:53) barely got more TOI than Holmstrom (17:37) last night? Well, he was still 3rd in TOI among the forwards.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but he really seems depressed out there sometimes. :unsure:

Seemed pretty excited when the horn blew in Vancouver about 3 hours ago. =)

He has 60 points in 63 games, more pts per gm than Datsyuk. I think he may have already had a turning point.

I hope so. Overall though, watching him this year has been very different both on the ice and during press conferences. He really looks like he's laboring both physically, mentally and emotionally and has just flat out looked worn out at times.

Z doesn't get to play with the best players like Datsyuk does...Homer is better than Cleary and Franzen is way better than Williams... Hank doesn't have a lot to work with... Hopefully, moving Flip there will help him out.

Cleary happens to be my favourite Wing so there will be some bias, but he's just stinking this season (as most other players are). I think he has the skill, step and obviously age to be better than Homer on his day. Not in front of the net though. But I don't think Z does well with those plays. He needs the skill players like when he and Dats used to take tape to tape passes without even looking. I like him with Flip and if Cleary gets going then I'd say throw him in as he can provide some second line grit whilst still having the skill (my biased opinion though!).

That being said from the highlights that I saw he did well last night. Good overtime winner taking the middle of the ice.

If Hank always played with the intensity he showed last night, he'd be unstoppable...

That's sort of a back-handed compliment but I don't buy the "he's just worn out" crap it seems to be due to a lack of desire.

Edited by dicksmack

If Hank always played with the intensity he showed last night, he'd be unstoppable...

That's sort of a back-handed compliment but I don't buy the "he's just worn out" crap it seems to be due to a lack of desire.

:hockey::rotflmao::hockey:

How did the subject of Z come up? Why were they talking about him?

they were talking about who will make the playoffs. so the subject of the wings win last night came up. Pierre and Milbury said the wings will be making the playoffs, and that Kipper is the only reason why Calgary is even in contention

General question for everybody: How good has Z been as a setup man?

Zetterberg isn't on pace for anymore assists than he has been getting the past few years. He just isn't on pace for 35-40 goals. Tough year with injuries, not only his own, but those of his linemates. Datsyuk always gets to play with the other top forwards, Z gets the leftovers.