• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
revmo10

Zetterberg needs to step it up

Rate this topic

1065886952.jpg

Just wanted to add to the already discussed "scrum" at the end of last nights game!!!

Love the intensity in Z's face and also some in Kronwalls!!!

you can see howard charging up in the background :lol:

"THIS. IS. SPARTA ZAATAAAA!!"

;D

Guest Crymson

"Because she's actually a lady."

I see you really think one's sexuality reflects on one's character.

Gaybashing really is crossing the line.

He wouldn't say anything cross about Crosby or anyone else, he's the consummate professional. Even when Malkin went after him last summer he was interviewed moments after it happened, when all that adrenaline would still be flowing, and he was totally calm and shrugged it off.

Anyways, when he had that good game against Minnesota I was kind of skeptical about him being "back," but these last two games have been classic Hank. He's killing it on the backhand, driving to the net, finally being Zetterberg again. Maybe his shoulder finally feels all better now?

first part: so true. after that game, crosby refused to gives props to Z, while Z talked about how crosby was fighting hard, etc. etc., even though ZETTERBERG OWNED HIM. you'd think that in that situation, the loser would be giving props to the winner, and not the other way around. just shows how cool Z is, IMO.

second part: also true. i feel like most of this year i've seen him not being himself. but he's been challenging the goalie like he ******* owns him as of late.

this was one big turning point i saw: on the brian rafalski goal very late in regulation against edmonton, look at his work in the corner against -- i think -- peca. roughing him up, a little cross check when he wouldn't get off the puck with a few seconds left. desperation. will. that's what i saw in Z on that play. and that will has continued on in recent games. with 44-40-51 playing the way they are, if 93-13-96 get going we will be really deadly.

imaging if he is just getting started and reaching his peak form. couldnt come in a better time than when wings are fighting for a playoff spot / going into the playoffs.

expect him to make noise in the playoffs (if wings make it :P ) !

edit: he now has 15 points in his last 10 :thumbup:

i agree. no better time for zetterberg to be gaining form. he's not the fastest, he's not the strongest, he's not the quickest, and he's not the smartest. but he's damn close in most categories, if not all. he's slower than helm, but stronger on the puck than even crosby. he doesn't have as good of a shot as ovechkin, but he's much better defensively than him. when Z's on, he's one of the better overall players in the game, even though he's not the best in any one category. plus, when his backhander is working, goddam me if i'm a goalie.

That's what SHE said!

whatp.jpg

so. much. win. :thumbup:

say "what" one more goddam time!!

Edited by stormboy

i agree. no better time for zetterberg to be gaining form. he's not the fastest, he's not the strongest, he's not the quickest, and he's not the smartest. but he's damn close in most categories, if not all. he's slower than helm, but stronger on the puck than even crosby. he doesn't have as good of a shot as ovechkin, but he's much better defensively than him. when Z's on, he's one of the better overall players in the game, even though he's not the best in any one category. plus, when his backhander is working, goddam me if i'm a goalie.

Well, I mean, it's hard to be the smartest player on your team when Nick Lidstrom is your teammate. At the same time, I think he's second in that category. To me its Z's hockey sense that is his defining strength.

This thread is obsolete.

Zetterberg already stood up BIG WAY since the Olympics. Awesome game against the pens, that's the Z I want to see in the playoffs.

I'd love to see a Wings/Pens rematch. However I am concerned about the pens making it to the finals.

I hope Z does, and I think it will be the case as well.

I just hope both can play lights out in the playoffs. It sure would be nice in some home games to see a Z Pav Mule line that is actually scary gain...

I hope Z does, and I think it will be the case as well.

I just hope both can play lights out in the playoffs. It sure would be nice in some home games to see a Z Pav Mule line that is actually scary gain...

What? When do we see that line?

Guest mindfly

You think this team is fine just because it put together a streak for the first time this season, they haven't played 60minutes since the pittsburgh game and both games against nashville were brutal, if a team play trap wings will lose because babcock is too dumb or doesn't have the player material to be successful against it.

Edited by mindfly

You think this team is fine just because it put together a streak for the first time this season, they haven't played 60minutes since the pittsburgh game and both games against nashville were brutal, if a team play trap wings will lose because babcock is too dumb or doesn't have the player material to be successful against it.

While the trap gave the Red Wings some fits today in the neutral zone, it was hardly the difference in the game. They still scored three goals and lost.

If the defense doesn't shore up its turnover/poor coverage issue, it won't matter much regardless in the playoffs. Nashville had like 24 shots and scored four goals, same in the Edmonton game. Granted, I don't think Jimmy has been all that sharp in the past week either, but the defense really needs to clean up its play very quickly.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/04/teammates_say_theyll_have_goal.html

“(Bertuzzi) was the best player on that line (with Henrik Zetterberg and Valtteri Filppula), by far,” Babcock said.

I don't mean to take Bert's play for granted or anything like that. I just think that we've all come to expect Zetterberg to be the best player on his line (if he's not with Datsyuk). He should be and I'm sure he knows it.