• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

The look on Z's face in that WingsFights clip of the scrum is awesome.

It's truly an exaggeration but it reminded me of Pulp Fiction and Sammy J's, "Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf***er, say what one more Goddamn time!"

#62 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Sometimes when you watch Z play against Sid you kind of think to yourself, "Wow, if I was against Z and if he's playing like that then I would not like to play against him at all." It's just downright annoying when your opponent never lets you have any space/ice, never lets you have any time with the puck and seemingly wants it more than you during too many races.

#63 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

!!

#64 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

!!

Wow. That's freeking huge.

(I just set up a joke, who's going to be the first to knock out the punchline? Hint: The Office.)

#65 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Man I know its said all the time but... when Crosby and Zetters go head to head there is just no comparing the two. Zetterberg just has Crosby figured out.

Crosby is Zee's *****.

EDIT: When all is said and done between the Ovechkin Crosby rivalry, ie. after they retire I hope there are a few people out there who remember Zetterberg dominating both of them when they are on the same ice surface.

Edited by BlakKy, 23 March 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#66 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

"I don't know what he was doing there" said a certain someone about Jimmy coming in to defend Z.

It's just funny because I was thinking the same thing about a certain someone's positioning on Z's first goal.

#67 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Z also said the whole scrum happened because the puck was there. Hmm... Maybe he's better at being political and talking to the press than I thought. He was pretty nice about his descriptions.

He wouldn't say anything cross about Crosby or anyone else, he's the consummate professional. Even when Malkin went after him last summer he was interviewed moments after it happened, when all that adrenaline would still be flowing, and he was totally calm and shrugged it off.

Anyways, when he had that good game against Minnesota I was kind of skeptical about him being "back," but these last two games have been classic Hank. He's killing it on the backhand, driving to the net, finally being Zetterberg again. Maybe his shoulder finally feels all better now?
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#68 Jamaica Jon

Jamaica Jon

4th Line Grinder

• Silver Booster
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

He wouldn't say anything cross about Crosby or anyone else, he's the consummate professional. Even when Malkin went after him last summer he was interviewed moments after it happened, when all that adrenaline would still be flowing, and he was totally calm and shrugged it off.

Anyways, when he had that good game against Minnesota I was kind of skeptical about him being "back," but these last two games have been classic Hank. He's killing it on the backhand, driving to the net, finally being Zetterberg again. Maybe his shoulder finally feels all better now?

I was thinking the same thing. And I hope its true. There's nobody better all-around than Z when he's at the top of his game.

#69 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

Finally watched the game in its entirety. I feel like that was one of Z's better games this season and he was a real fireball out there. At the same time, I feel like he can be better. And not in the sense of "he could play harder" but more like he hasn't reached his best form yet. In the sense that, wow, if he's this good now, he should be even gooder if he keeps going at this rate.

#70 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:11 AM

Finally watched the game in its entirety. I feel like that was one of Z's better games this season and he was a real fireball out there. At the same time, I feel like he can be better. And not in the sense of "he could play harder" but more like he hasn't reached his best form yet. In the sense that, wow, if he's this good now, he should be even gooder if he keeps going at this rate.

imaging if he is just getting started and reaching his peak form. couldnt come in a better time than when wings are fighting for a playoff spot / going into the playoffs.

expect him to make noise in the playoffs (if wings make it :P ) !

edit: he now has 15 points in his last 10 :thumbup:

Edited by hak, 23 March 2010 - 04:18 AM.

#71 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

Man I know its said all the time but... when Crosby and Zetters go head to head there is just no comparing the two. Zetterberg just has Crosby figured out.

Crosby is Zee's *****.

EDIT: When all is said and done between the Ovechkin Crosby rivalry, ie. after they retire I hope there are a few people out there who remember Zetterberg dominating both of them when they are on the same ice surface.

If we ever played the Caps in the SCF I actually think Babs would use Pavel against Ovechkin. Pav completely owned him when we faced them in the regular season earlier this year.
Z is really the perfect counter-measure against Crosby though.

#72 CHoZo

CHoZo

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

Posted Image

Just wanted to add to the already discussed "scrum" at the end of last nights game!!!

Love the intensity in Z's face and also some in Kronwalls!!!

Edited by CHoZo, 23 March 2010 - 06:40 AM.

#73 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

!!

"My lady friend is more attractive than yours."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#74 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

"My lady friend is more attractive than yours."

"Because she's actually a lady."

#75 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

Kronwall looks like he's about to cry, lol.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#76 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

Good Job Hank! Great time to get rolling
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#77 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

If what's his face is like Michael Jordan then Henrik Zetterberg is like Joe Dumars.

#78 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

******-by is frustrated by Z's sheer awesomeness!

#79 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

Just wanted to add to the already discussed "scrum" at the end of last nights game!!!

Love the intensity in Z's face and also some in Kronwalls!!!

you can see howard charging up in the background :lol:

"THIS. IS. SPARTA ZAATAAAA!!"

;D

#80 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Wow. That's freeking huge.

(I just set up a joke, who's going to be the first to knock out the punchline? Hint: The Office.)

That's what SHE said!

Posted Image

Posted Image