• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GROwl

Good Bye Evan McGrath

Rate this topic

According to the Griffins, Evan McGrath has been reassigned by the Detroit Red Wings to Syracuse of the AHL. Best wishes, Evan - we enjoyed watching you over the past 4 years! :)

"GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Grand Rapids Griffins on Tuesday announced that center/left wing Evan McGrath has been reassigned to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch by the Detroit Red Wings.

McGrath, 24, has appeared in 57 games for the Griffins this season, totaling 19 points (8-11—19), 25 penalty minutes and a minus-18 rating.

The Oakville, Ontario, native was Detroit’s second choice (128th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. Outside of a nine-game stint (6-9—15) with the ECHL’s Toledo Storm during his rookie season, McGrath’s entire four-year pro career has been spent with Grand Rapids.

Eighth on the Griffins’ all-time list with 262 games played, McGrath has contributed 115 points (49-66—115), 116 PIM and a minus-14 rating since making his pro debut with the club in 2006.

The Griffins this week embark on a season-high six-game road trip, beginning with a visit to North Division-leading Hamilton this Friday at 7:30 p.m."

Although it was clear he wasn't a part of the Red Wings' plans for the future, it's still sad to see him go. I always liked his upside and late in 2007/08 and most of last season he really showed some signs to indicate that he could reach his potential.

I hope he can turn his career around and enjoy success in the playoffs, at least he'll be there unlike the Griffins.

How sad...I always liked Evan. He was a nice guy. Good luck and good journeys, my friend.

i watched Evan in Kitchener when he played with Mike Richards and i always thought he was a better player then Mike until Mike made the Flyers

It's a shame to see him go, but hopefully he will reach his potential somewhere. He was always a nice enough guy whenever I spoke to him, so there are no hard feelings from my part.

Hi!

Evan just signed with Västerås (Lidströms team), in the swedish second league, today.

I just want to know what you (who has seen him play) think of him. What's his strengths/weaknesses?

I honestly can't answer that question even after watching him play for several years. Evan doesn't have any great strengths or weaknesses. His speed is okay. His playmaking is okay. His offense and defense are both okay. His size is okay. I guess that's the answer as to why he never cracked the Wings' lineup. He is an okay hockey player surrounded by several very good ones.

I honestly can't answer that question even after watching him play for several years. Evan doesn't have any great strengths or weaknesses. His speed is okay. His playmaking is okay. His offense and defense are both okay. His size is okay. I guess that's the answer as to why he never cracked the Wings' lineup. He is an okay hockey player surrounded by several very good ones.

Ok. Thanks for the info!

Guest mindfly

McGrath scored both the third and the GWG in a 4-3 win over Malmo Redhawks with 22seconds left on the clock...