• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

Did anyone get the chance to play? What's your feedback on it? Worth buying it or should I just stick with renting it?

#2 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

I just let my husband buy it last night. It's a monster with 3 play CDs in it O_O

I'll ask him when he gets home tonight what he thinks of it so far. I know he spent a few hours playing it.

#3 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

I still haven't bought it lol let me know once he tells you it.

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

I just bought it and it is awesome

Early on, like most FF games, there is a lot of build up in the beginning and it takes abut two hours to actually get into the gaming aspect of the game without just pushing 'x' or 'a'. It is very complex.

The Good: There is a new Paradigms function and Crystarium. Paradigms is where you you can be Capitals (all offense), the old Devils (all defense), be Hawks (Very balanced) or like the Wings (strategy). In paradigms you assess roles to your teammates and can change the paradigm at any moment in the fight you please to help you win the battle.

Crystarium is, in a sense, a way to level up your character under these paradigms. Under one paradigm your character might have 500 HP and 50 magic, but under another paradigm for the same character you might have 400 HP and 300 Magic and so on.

The bad: The story, is very very very linear without a whole lot of exploration. Some of the voice acting is terrible as well.

The Ugly?: I'm about 7 hours into and I'm only about 10% through the game!

Verdict: Must buy if you do not hold a 9-5 job or you do not have an exam week coming up soon. Hell, get it anyways!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

I just bought it and it is awesome

Early on, like most FF games, there is a lot of build up in the beginning and it takes abut two hours to actually get into the gaming aspect of the game without just pushing 'x' or 'a'. It is very complex.

The Good: There is a new Paradigms function and Crystarium. Paradigms is where you you can be Capitals (all offense), the old Devils (all defense), be Hawks (Very balanced) or like the Wings (strategy). In paradigms you assess roles to your teammates and can change the paradigm at any moment in the fight you please to help you win the battle.

Crystarium is, in a sense, a way to level up your character under these paradigms. Under one paradigm your character might have 500 HP and 50 magic, but under another paradigm for the same character you might have 400 HP and 300 Magic and so on.

The bad: The story, is very very very linear without a whole lot of exploration. Some of the voice acting is terrible as well.

The Ugly?: I'm about 7 hours into and I'm only about 10% through the game!

Verdict: Must buy if you do not hold a 9-5 job or you do not have an exam week coming up soon. Hell, get it anyways!

Thanks Konnan, appreciate the review.

Your ugly you mention is my beautiful :yowza: .

Finally a long game.

#6 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm about 2 hours or so into it, and I'm digging it so far.

Been a huge FF fan since playing VII on the old PSX, so picking this one up was a no-brainer for me.

The combat system feels different, which is good. For so many installments, it was straight turn based. Now, don't get me wrong, I love turn based combat in RPGs, but after so many games Square Enix has to find new ways of gameplay to keep the series fresh. Even though at it's core it's still turn based, the flow of the combat system makes it feel a bit more real-time. I'm anxious to get more and more people in the team to start working out some strategies in combat.

Really thinking I'm going to like this one too.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#7 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Had the game since opening day, still havn't had time to play it, damn school.

How is everyone's experience so far now that you have seen most of the game?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users