• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z Winged Dangler

2010 Draft

Rate this topic

It's been said over and over again that Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin are going #1 and #2 in the 2010 draft...but does anyone know anything about the rest of the guys projected to go in the 1st round?

With the Wings fighting to make the playoffs, and a possibility of them missing, (if they do) they will be in the bottom 14 in the league with a legitimate shot at a top 10 pick. if it comes down to this, who would be in the approx 9-14 pick range that the wings would be looking to get?

It's been said over and over again that Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin are going #1 and #2 in the 2010 draft...but does anyone know anything about the rest of the guys projected to go in the 1st round?

With the Wings fighting to make the playoffs, and a possibility of them missing, (if they do) they will be in the bottom 14 in the league with a legitimate shot at a top 10 pick. if it comes down to this, who would be in the approx 9-14 pick range that the wings would be looking to get?

Here's the ISS's top 30 picks as of January:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11784/iss_top302010_prospects_january/

And here's a nice list of articles relating to this coming draft:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_entry_draft/

Guest mindfly

Maybe the finnish dude with a swedish name, Mikael Granlund, soft and small but skilled euro?

He might get passed to 15th or something because of his size and being finnish etc so if wings miss the playoffs maybe pick him

Edited by mindfly

Maybe the finnish dude with a swedish name, Mikael Granlund, soft and small but skilled euro?

He might get passed to 15th or something because of his size and being finnish etc so if wings miss the playoffs maybe pick him

Seems like someone Detroit would pick.

Guest mindfly

Although I do wonder when/if wings will start drafting some russians, hasnt happend since the lockout and now that KHL exists... it seem like a longshot maybe the last round they can throw away a pick but... at the moment wings only got one russian still in the system but he's a typical russian with mad skillz but very poor work ethic... Stolyarov or something 6'4 winger

Here's the ISS's top 30 picks as of January:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11784/iss_top302010_prospects_january/

And here's a nice list of articles relating to this coming draft:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_entry_draft/

thanks drake. out of that list in around the Wings potential picks I wouldn't mind hearing nino neiderreiter's name get called by holland. he was actually pretty good in the world juniors on a so-so swiss team. good size and shot and has some speed. could be a good addition to a z-flip line...

as for the write up on mark stone, i was in brandon for the wheat kings game against eberle and teubert (that's pretty much the whole pats team...they're terrible!) and late in the 3rd when it was 10-2 for the wheat kings, teubert and stone were scrapping and teubert knocked stone right the f*** out. it was pretty bad. they had to help him off the ice. the kid couldn't even stand. so he won't be rising too much more for the time being due to some jelly in his head.

jeffery skinner has 48 goals and 40 assists for 88 pts in 63 games in his 2nd year with the Kitchener Rangers...not bad. centre, but maybe he can play wing. he may be a good pick. not too big though at 5"10, 182 pounds, but neither is Martin St.Louis and that little s*** would be more than welcome in a pint sized Winged Wheel.

either way, the wings need preferably a scoring winger.

thanks drake. out of that list in around the Wings potential picks I wouldn't mind hearing nino neiderreiter's name get called by holland. he was actually pretty good in the world juniors on a so-so swiss team. good size and shot and has some speed. could be a good addition to a z-flip line...

as for the write up on mark stone, i was in brandon for the wheat kings game against eberle and teubert (that's pretty much the whole pats team...they're terrible!) and late in the 3rd when it was 10-2 for the wheat kings, teubert and stone were scrapping and teubert knocked stone right the f*** out. it was pretty bad. they had to help him off the ice. the kid couldn't even stand. so he won't be rising too much more for the time being due to some jelly in his head.

jeffery skinner has 48 goals and 40 assists for 88 pts in 63 games in his 2nd year with the Kitchener Rangers...not bad. centre, but maybe he can play wing. he may be a good pick. not too big though at 5"10, 182 pounds, but neither is Martin St.Louis and that little s*** would be more than welcome in a pint sized Winged Wheel.

either way, the wings need preferably a scoring winger.

I'm not too concerned about what forward position we get this draft as long as they're a top 6 player. Odds are no one we draft will be playing in Detroit for 3+ years anyway.

Nino Neideritter or jared tinordi would be my picks if the wings have a 10-20 pick both these guys could be there

I was gonna say that they may go after Neideritter for the same reasons they went after Tatar.

I was gonna say that they may go after Neideritter for the same reasons they went after Tatar.

I have to agree. If they can find another Tatar quality kid I'll be pumped. It's been a long time since they drafted a kid who was able to start his pro career in his draft year.

I have to agree. If they can find another Tatar quality kid I'll be pumped. It's been a long time since they drafted a kid who was able to start his pro career in his draft year.

that's pretty much why i said i wanted neiderreiter. he's a rookie right now in the CHL and can play a couple more years with his junior team i think, and then if he's developed enough he could very well jump right to the Wings, or whatever team gets their hands on him. i felt really bad for tatar at the WJC...slovakia had no one to help him at all. they were downright awful! he's doing not bad with the griffins right now though with 28 pts in 43 games. the griffins are coming to the peg to face the moosies soon, so i'll try and check out the game so i have an idea what he can do with some good players around him.

Although I do wonder when/if wings will start drafting some russians, hasnt happend since the lockout and now that KHL exists... it seem like a longshot maybe the last round they can throw away a pick but... at the moment wings only got one russian still in the system but he's a typical russian with mad skillz but very poor work ethic... Stolyarov or something 6'4 winger

I agree - unless they're an elite prospect, most teams aren't touching russians with a ten foot pole.

Wouldn't mind at all to see a gamble on a russki, as they can be had well after they might typically go.

And I dare say the Wings might also have more success enticing them to the NHL, given the history.

Why can't teams sign players before they enter the draft like in baseball/soccer?

Because that system is incredibly broken. I'm glad they can't do that in Hockey. As a Wings fan I know we'd get an advantage there but as a hockey fan I know it'd hurt the league's competitiveness and in turn would be bad for the sport.

that's pretty much why i said i wanted neiderreiter. he's a rookie right now in the CHL and can play a couple more years with his junior team i think, and then if he's developed enough he could very well jump right to the Wings, or whatever team gets their hands on him. i felt really bad for tatar at the WJC...slovakia had no one to help him at all. they were downright awful! he's doing not bad with the griffins right now though with 28 pts in 43 games. the griffins are coming to the peg to face the moosies soon, so i'll try and check out the game so i have an idea what he can do with some good players around him.

Tatar definitely hit the wall when he returned from the WJC. He was creeping up towards a ppg pace before the WJC and since then he's been a different player. This was to be expected, though, since it happens with virtually every European player in their first year playing long NA seasons. He'll bounce back. As it stands he's had a great season for a kid his age. I think the WJC experience made hitting the wall a bit worse because he wasn't able to perform up to his own standards. But it's no biggy... he just turned 19 anyway so he's still well ahead of the curve.

Look at Mursak-- his OHL stats were supurb:

06-07 Saginaw (OHL) 62gp 27g 53a 80pts (North American rookie season)

07-08 Sag./Bel.(OHL)57gp 17g 47a 64pts

08-09 G Rapids (AHL)51gp 2g 7a 9pts (Pro hockey rookie season)

09-10 G Rapids (AHL)64gp 20g 14a 34pts (season ongoing)

Mursak didn't struggle much in OHL hockey when he played against boys but once he moved to playing men in the AHL and having to play the AHL's crazy schedule (3 games in 3 days?!? no wonder these guys get worn down) he struggled.

Now that he's played through his rookie struggles he's the team's best scoring prospect.

I have no doubt Tatar will experience the same thing.

You probably remember last year, when I wanted us to pick that Finnish kid Rajala.

But this Granlund. This guy is definitely someone we'd like to have. Even though Rajala managed to put up record-high points in WJC, he never proved much in Finnish league. But Granlund has been one of the best players here in Finnish SM-liiga this season. Started the season as a 17-year-old playing with MEN in the toughest league in Europe.

He has 37 points in 39 games which is remarkable for a rookie. He has already broken some of the earlier rookie records by guys like Saku Koivu, Olli Jokinen and Teemu Selanne.

I don't know if he will be there when our turn comes. Some projections has him in the top5 and most in the top10. But as said, he's a small Euro so he could well be available later.

What about Belgium? Their programme is quite funny. The national team's coach and former star player was the guy who ran the weights room in our school... Exalted status.

You probably remember last year, when I wanted us to pick that Finnish kid Rajala.

But this Granlund. This guy is definitely someone we'd like to have. Even though Rajala managed to put up record-high points in WJC, he never proved much in Finnish league. But Granlund has been one of the best players here in Finnish SM-liiga this season. Started the season as a 17-year-old playing with MEN in the toughest league in Europe.

He has 37 points in 39 games which is remarkable for a rookie. He has already broken some of the earlier rookie records by guys like Saku Koivu, Olli Jokinen and Teemu Selanne.

I don't know if he will be there when our turn comes. Some projections has him in the top5 and most in the top10. But as said, he's a small Euro so he could well be available later.

Maybe the Wings can trade up for a top 10 pick.. it's not really their style, but it might be worth it this year.

Anyone have a list of prospects broken down between NA and Europe, I remember seeing articles for past drafts but can't find one for this year, all of the prospects are listed together and ranked in every article I've found.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

+1, He has damn good skills.