#1 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

http://www.thehockey...ver-NHLers.html

Rafalski also made it to the list.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#2 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

http://www.thehockey...ver-NHLers.html

Rafalski also made it to the list.

One of theses days Canadians will finally admit Lidstrom (and Hasek) was better than Brodeur.

Edited by egroen, 12 March 2010 - 11:25 AM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

I still think Lidstrom - at least present day - is more important to the Red Wings than Brodeur is to the Devils. Brodeur showed last postseason and, more recently, in the Olympics that he isn't the be-all, end-all of goaltending anymore. Was he great? Of course. The debate will always go on whether or not it was because he played for the defensively-minded Devils his whole career, but that's not important here. Right now, I think Lidstrom is more of a team MVP than Brodeur is and that if the Devils succeed in the postseason, it won't be because of Brodeur - it will be in spite of him.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

am i supposed to whine about Lidstrom being placed one spot lower than someone else on a silly list

Posted Image

#5 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

am i supposed to whine about Lidstrom being placed one spot lower than someone else on a silly list

No, you're supposed to start a flame war insisting Brodeur is superior to Lidstrom and by far the greatest goaltender of all time. :siren:
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#6 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Decent list, I can live with the results. Arguments can be made for both Lidstrom and Brodeur as #1.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#7 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Dang, I remember when Arnott was a rookie. Or at least I think so.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

Selanne should have been ranked a little higher, and "Fatso" should have not been ranked ahead of Lidstrom.

Just look at his playoff performances the last few years and that'll tell you that he's not deserving of the top slot.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Kinda surprised Guerin isn't on there.
Posted Image

#10 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

brodeur is the best goaltender of all time hands down. even better than patrick waa-waa. his is outta his prime though thats for sure.

although lidstrom is the best euro d-man ever, he is also outta his prime. i love him to death and hes great for the team but no norris trophy for him this year, and prolly wont ever win it again.

im glad to see rafalski got some love on that list. i feel like ever since he came to DET from NJ he has been underrated and playing in the shadow of lids. hes more comfortable in the shadow anyway. besides his olympic performance i dont think rafalski has been able to really stand tall under pressure.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

I still think Lidstrom - at least present day - is more important to the Red Wings than Brodeur is to the Devils. Brodeur showed last postseason and, more recently, in the Olympics that he isn't the be-all, end-all of goaltending anymore. Was he great? Of course. The debate will always go on whether or not it was because he played for the defensively-minded Devils his whole career, but that's not important here. Right now, I think Lidstrom is more of a team MVP than Brodeur is and that if the Devils succeed in the postseason, it won't be because of Brodeur - it will be in spite of him.

you know what i don't get...how did lidstrom win 6 norris trophies in 7 years and never even get an honourable mention for the hart trophy? on a nightly basis he shut down all the hart trophy candidates and then some. maybe he should jump around like he just won the stanley cup everytime he scores to get some attention.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

brodeur is the best goaltender of all time hands down. even better than patrick waa-waa. his is outta his prime though thats for sure.

although lidstrom is the best euro d-man ever, he is also outta his prime. i love him to death and hes great for the team but no norris trophy for him this year, and prolly wont ever win it again.

im glad to see rafalski got some love on that list. i feel like ever since he came to DET from NJ he has been underrated and playing in the shadow of lids. hes more comfortable in the shadow anyway. besides his olympic performance i dont think rafalski has been able to really stand tall under pressure.

All those players on the list are past their prime.

And Brodeur isn't the best goalie ever, although I'll leave that to another topic, since that's been debated enough times here already.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

f*** that Brouder is an overrated goalie; or at least I think so, mainly because I dislike him :)
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#14 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

There's no doubt Lids is out of his prime, but even out of his prime he's still one of the best, if not the best, defensemen in the game.

Like I said in another topic, if I had to pick one player to build a team around for 1 year or for a playoff run today, Lidstrom would be my first pick. People realize how good Nick is, certainly, but I think very few really appreciate how truly sublime his defense is. The little things he does so effortlessly often go unnoticed.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#15 vOrophin

vOrophin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

I would say Nick is the best defensive defenseman in the game now, but several are now better offensively. Either way he is still amazing for a 39 year old.

Also honorable mention for Chelios since they can't do a 45+ list.

Edited by vOrophin, 12 March 2010 - 05:26 PM.

#16 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Where's Greg Oden?

#17 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

seems quite right if you ask me.

but but but... where's Bobby Lang, huh?

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

Whoa, Rechi is 42????? He's always been one of my favourite non-wings, but I didn't realise he was that old :o
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#19 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:38 AM

Wow this list sucks -- where is Malts at? He definitely should be in over guys like Recchi and Brodeur.

#20 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

who cares