• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Hockeytown Cafe Info

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I'm going to the game tomorrow and was thinking of getting something to eat at Hockeytown Cafe before. What time should we get there to beat the crowd and to make sure we get to the game on time? What's the parking situation like? Is there free parking? I know they have a free shuttle to JLA. Also, any suggestions of things to eat there. I've only been there once and it's been almost ten years. Thanks!

Edited by Blueliner

I'm going to the March 22nd game against the Pens its at 7:30 pretty sure were going to the Hockeytown Cafe, never been before but looks awsome, so i should go for like 5-5:30?...and the shuttle brings you back after the game also ? what time do the usually open the doors at the Joe? if the games 7:30? hopefully we can get a goal my first trip to the Joe was last season against the Islanders and we were shutout!! :sly: yes the Islanders pre-Tavares lol sad day for me lol long trip back home.

Another option is the Hard Rock Cafe. We didn't eat there, but we parked in the parking structure and used their shuttle bus thing (they liquored us up on the way to and from the game.. what more could you want?!). Also, we went inside to the gift shop and got our parking validated, so it was free. This doesn't really help if you are dead set on eating at Hockeytown Cafe, but maybe for future reference.

There is parking at the Joe. It's $15 usually; a little pricey, but it depends on what time you're getting to the game. Hockeytown Cafe's shuttle runs every 10-15 mins before but does take a little longer after because of traffic, and it's sometimes hard to spot which shuttle is theirs because there are ones from the hotels too that pickup in the same area (riverside entrance). I've done both. Although initially it's longer getting back to your car, Hockeytown Cafe usually affords a quicker time getting back to the highway than parking at the Joe because of less traffic, and even more so if you stay for a few beers. :D