• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wings1110

Franzen

Rate this topic

If Franzen was healthy the whole season would he have scored 50 goals? I calculated how many goals he would be on pace for if he had been healthy all season. At this point he would be on pace for 44 goals and thats with him just comming off missing 3/4 of the season <_<

If you assume that Franzen is good for 40 goals/season and you add that to the Wings G/game, it puts them as one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league.

'nuff said....

I think it would be more reasonable to wait to see him score 35 before asking about whether he could score 40 and then if he scores 40, then ask if he could hit 45 and so on. AT this point, his career best is 34 and he'll be 31 years old this year. 7 goals in 13 games is on pace for 44 over an 82 game season, however, far, far, far too small a sample size.

To be honest, my first wish is to see a 75+ game season out of him.....that contract will start to look real bad if he doesn't stay healthy.

35-40 is quite reasonable given what we've seen him do in the past few years including postseason. I could see him being able to get to 50 with a "career year" as people like to call it. It would help to have him with Datsyuk to get those numbers, and if Datsyuk was playing well too.

35-40 is quite reasonable given what we've seen him do in the past few years including postseason. I could see him being able to get to 50 with a "career year" as people like to call it. It would help to have him with Datsyuk to get those numbers, and if Datsyuk was playing well too.

I disagree at best " career year " for Franzen would be 40-45 years.

His a great goal scorer but his just not an elite goal scorer.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If you assume that Franzen is good for 40 goals/season and you add that to the Wings G/game, it puts them as one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league.

'nuff said....

That is assuming that other teams have not had injuries as well. While I agree if healthy our offense would be far better and probably top ten maybe even top 5 in the league, you have to look at things objectivily.

Having Franzen and his production back is wonderful... but a better question might be "Can Franzen stay healthy for a whole season"??

This. He has never played a full season without being hurt. Assuming he finishes all the games this season, after 5 seasons he averages 63 games a season, 73 before this season. He is definitely capable of 40-50 goals, but the question is whether or not he can stay healthy for a full season.

I think it would be more reasonable to wait to see him score 35 before asking about whether he could score 40 and then if he scores 40, then ask if he could hit 45 and so on. AT this point, his career best is 34 and he'll be 31 years old this year. 7 goals in 13 games is on pace for 44 over an 82 game season, however, far, far, far too small a sample size.

To be honest, my first wish is to see a 75+ game season out of him.....that contract will start to look real bad if he doesn't stay healthy.

Franzen is far, far, far too consistent a goal scorer to be so doubtful of him. :P

35-40 seems to be a reasonable expectation for a healthy Franzen although he can be a threat to enter the 40-50 range in the coming years if he and the team stay healthy. This chemistry with Datsyuk is quite exciting and with that new found chemistry we have a great setup man and a solid goal scorer so yeah, 50 goals could happen for Franzen but a lot has to go right.

This is probably the best answer yet.

Good news for you-- Datsyuk's been fantastic since the break.

I remember that during his two first years in Detroit, Franzen was nobody.. Some depth player, which would probably stayed in the 3rd line all his career.

And then came the 2007-2008 playoffs.. He suddenly gained a lot of confidence and turned into MULE !

Probably one of the NHL guys with the most confidence when he goes to the net..

Zetterberg and Dats should learn from him, he is a beast physically but also mentally.

Edited by RedWings

If he had been healthy this year I think he gets slightly over the 40 goal mark. I think at his best he'll one day eclipse 45 but for that to happen he'll have to have a very healthy year but very few players in this league score 50. As good as Franzen is, and trust me I think he is awesome, 50 is a tall order. He does too many other things on the ice to get 50. I say 45 is his cap.

I thought that one was in last nite fo sho, damn cross bar. I do think Franzen can hit some high numbers especially considering how he came out of nowhere. If he stays healthy he could be in for a few 40 goal seasons, but im hesitant he will hit 50.

PS- Didnt Hank Z say that one of his Goals (pun intended) as a player was to net 50? does anyone ever see that happening...not me unfortunately.

The Mule has cooled down a little after his fiery return. He can really shoot the puck. He seems to be playing with more of an edge so far this year. Looking forward to another epic goal scoring run in the playoffs.