• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, I'm just asking; Does anyone ever play like that?

I know.

I'd love to have Franzén healthy next season, so we can see what he can do.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#22 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Even with all the other injuries, he would probably still be playing with Datsyuk...so I would think he could get at least 40 if healthy through the whole season.

Posted Image

#23 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

Having Franzen and his production back is wonderful... but a better question might be "Can Franzen stay healthy for a whole season"??

#24 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

35 goals if he was healthy and we still had all our injuries. Fully healthy team i think he could have had 50, he is improving a ton every season.

#25 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

35-40 seems to be a reasonable expectation for a healthy Franzen although he can be a threat to enter the 40-50 range in the coming years if he and the team stay healthy. This chemistry with Datsyuk is quite exciting and with that new found chemistry we have a great setup man and a solid goal scorer so yeah, 50 goals could happen for Franzen but a lot has to go right.

#26 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

If Franzen was healthy the whole season would he have scored 50 goals? I calculated how many goals he would be on pace for if he had been healthy all season. At this point he would be on pace for 44 goals and thats with him just comming off missing 3/4 of the season <_<

If you assume that Franzen is good for 40 goals/season and you add that to the Wings G/game, it puts them as one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league.

'nuff said....
Do or do not. There is no try

#27 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

Nobody knows...

#28 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

I know.

I'd love to have Franzén healthy next season, so we can see what he can do.

Just don't play him versus Chicago in October. That is how he has been injured each year.

#29 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

Seems to at least every player gets injured once in the Wings per season at least for a couple of games.

#30 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

I think it would be more reasonable to wait to see him score 35 before asking about whether he could score 40 and then if he scores 40, then ask if he could hit 45 and so on. AT this point, his career best is 34 and he'll be 31 years old this year. 7 goals in 13 games is on pace for 44 over an 82 game season, however, far, far, far too small a sample size.

To be honest, my first wish is to see a 75+ game season out of him.....that contract will start to look real bad if he doesn't stay healthy.

#31 vOrophin

vOrophin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

35-40 is quite reasonable given what we've seen him do in the past few years including postseason. I could see him being able to get to 50 with a "career year" as people like to call it. It would help to have him with Datsyuk to get those numbers, and if Datsyuk was playing well too.

#32 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

35-40 is quite reasonable given what we've seen him do in the past few years including postseason. I could see him being able to get to 50 with a "career year" as people like to call it. It would help to have him with Datsyuk to get those numbers, and if Datsyuk was playing well too.

I disagree at best " career year " for Franzen would be 40-45 years.

His a great goal scorer but his just not an elite goal scorer.

#33 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

If you assume that Franzen is good for 40 goals/season and you add that to the Wings G/game, it puts them as one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league.

'nuff said....

That is assuming that other teams have not had injuries as well. While I agree if healthy our offense would be far better and probably top ten maybe even top 5 in the league, you have to look at things objectivily.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#34 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Having Franzen and his production back is wonderful... but a better question might be "Can Franzen stay healthy for a whole season"??

This. He has never played a full season without being hurt. Assuming he finishes all the games this season, after 5 seasons he averages 63 games a season, 73 before this season. He is definitely capable of 40-50 goals, but the question is whether or not he can stay healthy for a full season.
Posted Image

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

I think it would be more reasonable to wait to see him score 35 before asking about whether he could score 40 and then if he scores 40, then ask if he could hit 45 and so on. AT this point, his career best is 34 and he'll be 31 years old this year. 7 goals in 13 games is on pace for 44 over an 82 game season, however, far, far, far too small a sample size.

To be honest, my first wish is to see a 75+ game season out of him.....that contract will start to look real bad if he doesn't stay healthy.

Franzen is far, far, far too consistent a goal scorer to be so doubtful of him. :P

35-40 seems to be a reasonable expectation for a healthy Franzen although he can be a threat to enter the 40-50 range in the coming years if he and the team stay healthy. This chemistry with Datsyuk is quite exciting and with that new found chemistry we have a great setup man and a solid goal scorer so yeah, 50 goals could happen for Franzen but a lot has to go right.

This is probably the best answer yet.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Good news for you-- Datsyuk's been fantastic since the break.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#37 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Good news for you-- Datsyuk's been fantastic since the break.

Datsyuk's always been great, his probably the best Red Wing in the past 3/4 years now right after Lids.

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

He definately would have surpassed his previous career high, IMO.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 RedWings

RedWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

I remember that during his two first years in Detroit, Franzen was nobody.. Some depth player, which would probably stayed in the 3rd line all his career.

And then came the 2007-2008 playoffs.. He suddenly gained a lot of confidence and turned into MULE !
Probably one of the NHL guys with the most confidence when he goes to the net..
Zetterberg and Dats should learn from him, he is a beast physically but also mentally.

Edited by RedWings, 15 March 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#40 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

lets be honest 40 would be pushin it
Posted Image