• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Red Wings Playoffs 2010

Rate this topic

We're currently holding the 8th spot, if we can actually keep it until the playoff start I have a strong feeling we can knock off the top seads. I think we can manage to go for two rounds then probably get knocked off but I just don't see us losing out in the first round.

How about you guys, if we get in playoffs how far you guys think will get?

Guest mindfly

If they make it they will most likely get knocked out first round, let's face it, it hasn't and won't be wings season this season, have a nice summer of resting up and train hard, get rid of some trash, re-sign important players sign good FA's, bounce back and go for 1st seed next year and a better outlook for a solid playoff performance...

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

I'm gonna be the optimistic one and say we're going to win the Cup.

This year they really don't have the goaltending for it...

This year they really don't have the goaltending for it...

When was the last time the Wings had a goalie firmly in the Top 10 during the regular season?

And a 2-time Cup champ with a Conn Smythe worthy postseason from only the year before as backup?

Bah, that's the last of my worries.

I have every faith in the world that this team could go very far or even all the way in the playoffs. They have that ability to "switch it on" when it really matters. However, I will be holding my breath until the last game of the regular season because I feel the Wings will continue this 7th/8th/9th spot dance with Nashville, Calgary, and St. Louis until then, and we won't know 100% if they will be in until then. Until they break the pattern of two steps forward, one step back, (or vise versa in some cases this season) I can't let myself get too excited.

I don't think we have won 4 out of any 7 games this season (OTHER THAN ONCE OR TWICE) so one might say that our chances aren't too good.....however WHEN we make the playoffs we will be one scary 7/8 seed. I think it depends a lot on how Jimmy handles the playoff pressure, we have the veterans who are healthy now and I think they can carry us deep into the playoffs...

Edited by Cheveldae32

I don't think we have won 4 out of any 7 games this season (OTHER THAN ONCE OR TWICE) so one might say that our chances aren't too good.....however WHEN we make the playoffs we will be one scary 7/8 seed. I think it depends a lot on how Jimmy handles the playoff pressure, we have the veterans who are healthy now and I think they can carry us deep into the playoffs...

Go ahead and look through the results column on this page and be ready to eat those words.

The Wings are starting to look like the Wings, and Chicago, San Jose, and Vancouver are pissing themselves in anticipation.

Edited by Theophany

I will say this...if I'm Chicago or San Jose (especially the Sharks), the last team I want to see in the first round is the Wings. This team (when healthy) is not your typical 8 seed, more like a 4 at worst. Like someone else said, it wouldn't surprise me if this team either crapped out in the first round, or went all the way. It depends what team shows up, and how well Howard handles the playoffs. It's going to suck ass if they miss the playoffs though.

Go ahead and look through the results column on this page and be ready to eat those words.

The Wings are starting to look like the Wings, and Chicago, San Jose, and Vancouver are pissing themselves in anticipation.

^^ this.

A healthy, and really in some guys cases, well rested, team 4th5th6th seed, wherever the Wings end up really has me confident. Until Chicagos best beats our best full strength, then whatever. Until the Sharks win a few rounds, why should the Wings fear the addition of Heatley while losing Cheechoo? Vancouver?

Whichever team wants to face us first round, please show your hands. Lol.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

while san jose and chicago would be tough opponents for the wings their is one team you all forgot to mention. phoenix. they are really hot as of late. 6 straight wins.only 5 back from sj for the division.

so who knows. if the wings hold the 8th spot and the yotes just keep on winnin, the wings could likely face phoenix. now wouldnt that be surreal? 8th seeded DETROIT playing 1st seeded PHOENIX?! am i seeing things?! have i been hit in the head without even realizing?! :sly::hehe::blink:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

With the injury to Campbell I would rather play Chicago now. Say what you will about Campbell, but he is a big part of their team. Add his injury to their shaky goaltending and it's a recipe for disaster for those Hawks. However, even if we don't get Chicago then we get San Jose...it's pretty much playing the playoffs in reverse order. We will start out playing in the conference finals then move on to easier teams lol.