• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

If we play Chicago the first round then were done.
If we play San Jose we win then lose in the second round.

I agree with this exactly.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#22 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

The eight spot has all ready haunted us in the past, I think it's our time to haunt.

#23 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Go ahead and look through the results column on this page and be ready to eat those words.

The Wings are starting to look like the Wings, and Chicago, San Jose, and Vancouver are pissing themselves in anticipation.

^^ this.
A healthy, and really in some guys cases, well rested, team 4th5th6th seed, wherever the Wings end up really has me confident. Until Chicagos best beats our best full strength, then whatever. Until the Sharks win a few rounds, why should the Wings fear the addition of Heatley while losing Cheechoo? Vancouver?

Whichever team wants to face us first round, please show your hands. Lol.

#24 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:55 AM

while san jose and chicago would be tough opponents for the wings their is one team you all forgot to mention. phoenix. they are really hot as of late. 6 straight wins.only 5 back from sj for the division.

so who knows. if the wings hold the 8th spot and the yotes just keep on winnin, the wings could likely face phoenix. now wouldnt that be surreal? 8th seeded DETROIT playing 1st seeded PHOENIX?! am i seeing things?! have i been hit in the head without even realizing?! :sly: :hehe: :blink:

#25 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

With the injury to Campbell I would rather play Chicago now. Say what you will about Campbell, but he is a big part of their team. Add his injury to their shaky goaltending and it's a recipe for disaster for those Hawks. However, even if we don't get Chicago then we get San Jose...it's pretty much playing the playoffs in reverse order. We will start out playing in the conference finals then move on to easier teams lol.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#26 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

Assuming we get in, I think it's going to be more about scoring depth than anything. Our goaltending will be fine and out defense and special teams have tightened up well down the stretch but the scoring from our third and fourth lines could pose problems in the playoffs. The last few years we've gotten timely goals from guys like Samuelsson and Hudler but we don't have that anymore. Personally, I dont have a ton of confidence in Williams and Bertuzzi to produce those goals on their own.

I will admit though that I have liked the chemistry between Bertuzzi and Filppula when playing together but lately with Flip playing up on the top two lines the 3rd line of Williams - Miller - Bertuzzi doesn't strike me as a line that is going to produce any goals, let alone timely ones. our 4th line could chip in a goal or two in a series but is that really enough?
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca