• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
brett

washington at chicago

Rate this topic

Such a dangerous, disrespectful play.

He should be suspended, based on his history of these types of hits.

Everyone says it isnt that bad of a hit, and it is an overreaction. Ovechkin deserved to get kicked out 100%. That hit is as dirty as they come. There was simply no overreaction on that call, Ovechkin got what he deserved. Now the NHL needs to grow the balls to suspend other stars when the need to be.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The NHL is a complete joke if they suspend Ovie for that hit. No where near the kind of hit that deserves 5 and a game.

That's impossible considering your track record of hating Ovie and loving Crosby. You have zero credibility.

And the people that love Ovie and hate crosby have better credibility?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And the people that love Ovie and hate crosby have better credibility?

Than you? Absolutely. You have zero objectivity when it comes to matters like these.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

i think they just said it, it was a push and campbell hit a rut. look at his right foot buckle

Ovie made more contact with Campbell's side than his back. The hit looked bad because of how hard Campbell went into the boards.

Than you? Absolutely. You have zero objectivity when it comes to matters like these.

And you are the objectivity king since when?

It seems I'm not the only one in the world that thinks Ovechkin was in the wrong here.

Ovie made more contact with Campbell's side than his back. The hit looked bad because of how hard Campbell went into the boards.

And that the fact he stayed down playing hurt. If he got up right away I don't think the call would of been this bad but hey this is the NHL no one knows what is going on ever.

i think they just said it, it was a push and campbell hit a rut. look at his right foot buckle

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

If Campbell isn't turning there, he goes head-first into the boards and he's carted off on a stretcher. The fact that he's in a turn helps him go into the boards at a less-dangerous angle.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And you are the objectivity king since when?

It seems I'm not the only one in the world that thinks Ovechkin was in the wrong here.

If this was Crosby and not Ovie would you have the same point of view? That's objectivity. It doesn't take a genius to see it.

If this was Crosby and not Ovie would you have the same point of view? That's objectivity. It doesn't take a genius to see it.

Yes, yes I would. I do not like these hits from behind. Name a play when Crosby almost ended someone's career though?

He just doesn't have the borderline plays stacked up like Ovechkin does. Sorry. Reality is what it is.

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

Lay off? It's not all that easy to lay off when your going in full blast into the zone. Do I think he should of lay off, absolutely. When your out on the ice tensions become so high and you forget things. Sh*t starts to happen, and things like this happen.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yes, yes I would. I do not like these hits from behind. Name a play when Crosby almost ended someone's career though?

He just doesn't have the borderline plays stacked up like Ovechkin does. Sorry. Reality is what it is.

I'll believe it when I see it but until then you still have zero credibility in these matters. Your track record dictates a different response.

Crosby and Ovie play two different games, so of course the "evidence" is going to be different. Ovie lays questionable hits and Sid dives.

Lay off? It's not all that easy to lay off when your going in full blast into the zone. Do I think he should of lay off, absolutely. When your out on the ice tensions become so high and you forget things. Sh*t starts to happen, and things like this happen.

It is easy to lay off. How about not push him in the first place.

"DarrenDreger: OV hits Brian Campbell from behind. Gets major and game. Wreckless play."

I'll believe it when I see it but until then you still have zero credibility in these matters. Your track record dictates a different response.

Crosby and Ovie play two different games, so of course the "evidence" is going to be different. Ovie lays questionable hits and Sid dives.

So just because I like Crosby I have no credibility?

You are being ridiculous. Let's just talk about Ovechkin, unless you have nothing else to defend him with besides pointing at my Crosby stance and say I have no credibility?

Maybe, but when a player builds a reputation for dirty hits like that, then the punishment increases.

Unless you're Matt Cooke, of course. Even other players around the league acknowledge that he has a history of dirty hits. Double standard in the league disciplinary offices.

So the onus shouldn't be on the players because things happen quickly?

They should be allowed to push/hit guys head-first into the boards because he was skating a full speed?

You're taught from the moment you start hitting that if you see the numbers, you lay off. Ovechkin saw Campbell's numbers from the moment that he started skating back for the puck. He had all kinds of time to realize that this was not a time to try and hit him.

It's a disrespectful, dirty hit. He should be suspended because he has a history of doing dirty things like this.

Ovechkin won't stop doing stupid things like this until he sits out games.

Edited by MacK_Attack

was it a bad play by Ovie (by bad I mean it wasn't going to help his team) - yes.

Was it dirty? I don't think so, especially given his reaction to the hit as Campbell laid there on the ice.

He needs to be under control more, but I seriously doubt he intended to hurt Campbell.

Well what do you expect to happen? 2 players going full speed racing to the puck. A couple feet from the boards one shoves the other in to the boards. Is Campbell going to get hurt? No s***, I think Ovechkin was well aware of what he was doing.

Exactly. Ovie should have known better and let up a bit, at least until Campbell got to the boards. Love Ovie, but I can't deny that he makes some dangerous, boneheaded hits.

How about not push him in the first place.

This is hockey were there is hitting. If you don't like it go watch girls hockey.

You're taught from the moment you start hitting that if you see the numbers, you lay off. Ovechkin saw Campbell's numbers from the moment that he started skating back for the puck. He had all kinds of time to realize that this was not a time to try and hit him.

That's odd he saw numbers since the push came from the side of Campbell. Do they put numbers on your arm now, something I missed about numbers on the side of the jersey's now?

That's odd he saw numbers since the push came from the side of Campbell. Do they put numbers on your arm now, something I missed about numbers on the side of the jersey's now?

I completely disagree with the assertion that this is a hit from the side. (and yes, they do put numbers on the sleeve, but that's not what I'm talking about)

Ovechkin hit him from the side and behind....he had at least one arm on the numbers on Campbell's back. It's a dirty hit.