#21 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MozYKCapvWs

Such a dangerous, disrespectful play.

He should be suspended, based on his history of these types of hits.

Anyone other player in the league and that is just a minor penalty. Maybe a double minor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#22 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

id love to know what the ratings were when the game started and then after ovie was kicked out lol

#23 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Stupid play by Ovechkin.

And proof that the league isn't afraid to suspend stars in the league...as long as they're the "right" stars to suspend.

Or the said player has a pretty long list of past offenses that were pretty serious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DWw27S1NY

#24 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Get away in the sense of the media and fans.

It seems no one wants to hold him accountable for his actions.

This. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Crosby.

And I defend Crosby because I do believe that whining and diving is less serious then potentially ending players careers on a laundry list of borderline hits.

But again, let's focus on Ovechkin. I do not want to talk about Crosby.

That's impossible considering your track record of hating Ovie and loving Crosby. You have zero credibility.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Anyone other player in the league and that is just a minor penalty. Maybe a double minor.

Maybe, but when a player builds a reputation for dirty hits like that, then the punishment increases.

It's like committing a crime. Lighter punishment the first time around, but keep committing the crime and the punishment gets worse.

#26 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MozYKCapvWs

Such a dangerous, disrespectful play.

He should be suspended, based on his history of these types of hits.

Everyone says it isnt that bad of a hit, and it is an overreaction. Ovechkin deserved to get kicked out 100%. That hit is as dirty as they come. There was simply no overreaction on that call, Ovechkin got what he deserved. Now the NHL needs to grow the balls to suspend other stars when the need to be.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

The NHL is a complete joke if they suspend Ovie for that hit. No where near the kind of hit that deserves 5 and a game.

#28 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

That's impossible considering your track record of hating Ovie and loving Crosby. You have zero credibility.

And the people that love Ovie and hate crosby have better credibility?

#29 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

And the people that love Ovie and hate crosby have better credibility?

Than you? Absolutely. You have zero objectivity when it comes to matters like these.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 14 March 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#30 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

i think they just said it right, it was a push and campbell hit a rut. look at his right foot buckle.

Edited by brett, 14 March 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#31 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

i think they just said it, it was a push and campbell hit a rut. look at his right foot buckle

Ovie made more contact with Campbell's side than his back. The hit looked bad because of how hard Campbell went into the boards.

#32 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Than you? Absolutely. You have zero objectivity when it comes to matters like these.

And you are the objectivity king since when?

It seems I'm not the only one in the world that thinks Ovechkin was in the wrong here.

#33 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Ovie made more contact with Campbell's side than his back. The hit looked bad because of how hard Campbell went into the boards.

And that the fact he stayed down playing hurt. If he got up right away I don't think the call would of been this bad but hey this is the NHL no one knows what is going on ever.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#34 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

i think they just said it, it was a push and campbell hit a rut. look at his right foot buckle

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

If Campbell isn't turning there, he goes head-first into the boards and he's carted off on a stretcher. The fact that he's in a turn helps him go into the boards at a less-dangerous angle.

#35 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

And you are the objectivity king since when?

It seems I'm not the only one in the world that thinks Ovechkin was in the wrong here.

If this was Crosby and not Ovie would you have the same point of view? That's objectivity. It doesn't take a genius to see it.

#36 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

If this was Crosby and not Ovie would you have the same point of view? That's objectivity. It doesn't take a genius to see it.

Yes, yes I would. I do not like these hits from behind. Name a play when Crosby almost ended someone's career though?

He just doesn't have the borderline plays stacked up like Ovechkin does. Sorry. Reality is what it is.

#37 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

Lay off? It's not all that easy to lay off when your going in full blast into the zone. Do I think he should of lay off, absolutely. When your out on the ice tensions become so high and you forget things. Sh*t starts to happen, and things like this happen.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#38 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

was it a bad play by Ovie (by bad I mean it wasn't going to help his team) - yes.

Was it dirty? I don't think so, especially given his reaction to the hit as Campbell laid there on the ice.

He needs to be under control more, but I seriously doubt he intended to hurt Campbell.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#39 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Yes, yes I would. I do not like these hits from behind. Name a play when Crosby almost ended someone's career though?

He just doesn't have the borderline plays stacked up like Ovechkin does. Sorry. Reality is what it is.

I'll believe it when I see it but until then you still have zero credibility in these matters. Your track record dictates a different response.

Crosby and Ovie play two different games, so of course the "evidence" is going to be different. Ovie lays questionable hits and Sid dives.

#40 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Lay off? It's not all that easy to lay off when your going in full blast into the zone. Do I think he should of lay off, absolutely. When your out on the ice tensions become so high and you forget things. Sh*t starts to happen, and things like this happen.

It is easy to lay off. How about not push him in the first place.

"DarrenDreger: OV hits Brian Campbell from behind. Gets major and game. Wreckless play."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image