• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'll believe it when I see it but until then you still have zero credibility in these matters. Your track record dictates a different response.

Crosby and Ovie play two different games, so of course the "evidence" is going to be different. Ovie lays questionable hits and Sid dives.

So just because I like Crosby I have no credibility?

You are being ridiculous. Let's just talk about Ovechkin, unless you have nothing else to defend him with besides pointing at my Crosby stance and say I have no credibility?

#42 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Maybe, but when a player builds a reputation for dirty hits like that, then the punishment increases.

Unless you're Matt Cooke, of course. Even other players around the league acknowledge that he has a history of dirty hits. Double standard in the league disciplinary offices.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#43 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Lay off? It's not all that easy to lay off when your going in full blast into the zone. Do I think he should of lay off, absolutely. When your out on the ice tensions become so high and you forget things. Sh*t starts to happen, and things like this happen.

So the onus shouldn't be on the players because things happen quickly?

They should be allowed to push/hit guys head-first into the boards because he was skating a full speed?

You're taught from the moment you start hitting that if you see the numbers, you lay off. Ovechkin saw Campbell's numbers from the moment that he started skating back for the puck. He had all kinds of time to realize that this was not a time to try and hit him.

It's a disrespectful, dirty hit. He should be suspended because he has a history of doing dirty things like this.

Ovechkin won't stop doing stupid things like this until he sits out games.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 14 March 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#44 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

was it a bad play by Ovie (by bad I mean it wasn't going to help his team) - yes.

Was it dirty? I don't think so, especially given his reaction to the hit as Campbell laid there on the ice.

He needs to be under control more, but I seriously doubt he intended to hurt Campbell.

Well what do you expect to happen? 2 players going full speed racing to the puck. A couple feet from the boards one shoves the other in to the boards. Is Campbell going to get hurt? No s***, I think Ovechkin was well aware of what he was doing.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

Exactly. Ovie should have known better and let up a bit, at least until Campbell got to the boards. Love Ovie, but I can't deny that he makes some dangerous, boneheaded hits.

ABV_sig.png

#46 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

Niemi is really good. Another Hiller? Jimmy Howard?
Hockeytown - No Limits

#47 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

How about not push him in the first place.

This is hockey were there is hitting. If you don't like it go watch girls hockey.

You're taught from the moment you start hitting that if you see the numbers, you lay off. Ovechkin saw Campbell's numbers from the moment that he started skating back for the puck. He had all kinds of time to realize that this was not a time to try and hit him.

That's odd he saw numbers since the push came from the side of Campbell. Do they put numbers on your arm now, something I missed about numbers on the side of the jersey's now?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#48 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Niemi is really good. Another Hiller? Jimmy Howard?

Well, when you compare him to Huet, he looks like the second coming of Paterminik Broroychuk. :P

ABV_sig.png

#49 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

That's odd he saw numbers since the push came from the side of Campbell. Do they put numbers on your arm now, something I missed about numbers on the side of the jersey's now?

I completely disagree with the assertion that this is a hit from the side. (and yes, they do put numbers on the sleeve, but that's not what I'm talking about)

Ovechkin hit him from the side and behind....he had at least one arm on the numbers on Campbell's back. It's a dirty hit.

#50 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

I have to say I have been watching for the past 10 minutes and this game is boring as f*** without Ovechkin out there. I can only imagine what it is like for non-hockey fans.

#51 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

Weak boarding call was a push not a tackle, anyone know how severe the injury was?

#52 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

I have to say I have been watching for the past 10 minutes and this game is boring as f*** without Ovechkin out there. I can only imagine what it is like for non-hockey fans.

While not having a player of Ovechkin's caliber hurts. I believe that neither team is actually playing for something is the bigger reason. The game wasn't even that entertaining in the beginning either.

#53 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

God does Mike think he is funny.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#54 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

You must have missed a lot if you missed the numbers on the arms. :lol:

Posted Image

#55 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

Enough bickering. Let's not forget the whole reason we love the NHL!

Posted Image

#56 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

This is hockey were there is hitting. If you don't like it go watch girls hockey.

Show me the part where I said I dont like hitting, I cant seem to find it.

Bottom line, that was a careless dirty play by Ovechkin. There is no point in trying to defend him.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Show me the part where I said I dont like hitting, I cant seem to find it.

Bottom line, that was a careless dirty play by Ovechkin. There is no point in trying to defend him.

Watch out. You might get every single one of you posts negatively marked now like me...

#58 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Just ignore Carman. He feeds off of attention and will do everything in his power to act like he's not continuing the Crosby vs. Ovechkin debate even when he's clearly doing so.

#59 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

It would be great if people focused on the content of people's posts instead of which poster is making the statement.

I have a dream....

Posted Image

#60 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Just ignore Carman. He feeds off of attention and will do everything in his power to act like he's not continuing the Crosby vs. Ovechkin debate even when he's clearly doing so.

See this is what I don't get.

I did not start talking about Crosby at all in this thread.

I thought Ovechkin performed yet another dirty play and was baffled that there were people defending him.

Man some people are insane.