• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

wow backstrom excellent goal! caps win it without ovie nonetheless.

#82 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Get away in the sense of the media and fans.

It seems no one wants to hold him accountable for his actions.

This. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. Crosby.

And I defend Crosby because I do believe that whining and diving is less serious then potentially ending players careers on a laundry list of borderline hits.

But again, let's focus on Ovechkin. I do not want to talk about Crosby.

Crosby is BIG ******!!! Ovi is ROCK STAR!!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#83 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Don't feel like fishing through all these pages, anyone hear why Hossa was scratched today? He hurt?
Posted Image

#84 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Don't feel like fishing through all these pages, anyone hear why Hossa was scratched today? He hurt?

Yes. Day-to-day, and will travel with the team, per coach Q's post-game presser.

#85 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

I like how Pierre said this was a statement game for the Hawks and how they are making it known that they are contenders. All I have to say is HA HA.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#86 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

That hit wasn't even too bad, he hit between the back and the side.
Reckless, but didn't deserve ejection

O.o

#87 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

If AO had waited for him to take another half-stride, that would have been a devastating, and clean, hit. Timing's everything. This is worth a game or 2 I guess, but like with all his nasty s***, I don't see any malicious intent.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#88 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

If AO had waited for him to take another half-stride, that would have been a devastating, and clean, hit. Timing's everything. This is worth a game or 2 I guess, but like with all his nasty s***, I don't see any malicious intent.

Question: Why should that hit get a suspension after the Cooke fiasco?

#89 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Just because it should. I'm not using any kind of relativism here. A dirty play deserves a suspension, period. And I'm one of AO's biggest fans.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#90 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Big deal....the guy is 4-5 feet from the boards, in a vulnerable position. There's a time to hit and a time to lay off. That was a time to lay off.

If Campbell isn't turning there, he goes head-first into the boards and he's carted off on a stretcher. The fact that he's in a turn helps him go into the boards at a less-dangerous angle.

Campbell's right skate seems to catch a rut in the ice. Had that not happened, he'd maintained enough of his balance to stay upright.

#91 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

That hit wasn't even too bad, he hit between the back and the side.
Reckless, but didn't deserve ejection

I'm with you. That's the way Ovi plays. Reckless. Someday he is going to seriously hurt somebody. I think a doubleminor would have done it.

I like how Pierre said this was a statement game for the Hawks and how they are making it known that they are contenders. All I have to say is HA HA.

2 weeks in a row they blew a big lead on national tv at home. sucks to be a Hawks fan...
Do or do not. There is no try

#92 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Wow, way to stink it up in the 3rd. I left for a few, and come back to a 3-2 game. My brother-in-law says "Watch them blow it now", as he's been pretty pissed off about his team. Sure enough, they lose in OT.

Very interesting...
Hockeytown - No Limits

#93 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

Campbell could be done for season

are the cards really falling into place for them Hawks this season?

#94 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

I laughed too. As if this game said anything more than their wins, GA/G and GF/G did. Man Pierre just says anything that pops into his sycophantic little mind. It's hilarious trying to nail him down to one position over the course of a broadcast-- he's always the biggest fan of the winning team and is loath to say anything that isn't sucking up hardcore.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#95 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Campbell done for the year. Playoffs likely. Broken collarbone, broken rib, and a concussion.

#96 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

chicago embarassed twice at home two sundays in a row
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#97 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

I laughed too. As if this game said anything more than their wins, GA/G and GF/G did. Man Pierre just says anything that pops into his sycophantic little mind. It's hilarious trying to nail him down to one position over the course of a broadcast-- he's always the biggest fan of the winning team and is loath to say anything that isn't sucking up hardcore.

It was hilarious when he said at the beginning of the last Detroit/Chicago game (paraphrasing), "If Detroit wins this game, they'll make the playoffs. If they lose, they're in a world of hurt."

Pierre felt all good about that when Chicago went up 2-0. Then once Detroit scored five goals in the 2nd period, Pierre was stammering when someone brought up his prediction from the beginning of the game, "Well, uh, I mean, Detroit could be in...uh...good position...uh...to...uh...you know..."

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!