• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Ovie ejected

Rate this topic

i see alot off people saying that Ovie should be the face of the league not Sid.

here is the question who do you want to rep the NHL if your the boss you've got

Ovie: Great player arugably the best but he tends to have lapses in judgement and he doesnt always show concern for other players. Some ppl even say he is borderline dirty

Sid: another great player but he is a bit of a whiner and he doesnt always show respect for other players

and youve got to remember you have to attract new fans so i really dont think at this point in both their careers neither is the optimal choice to market

So i say Bettman should market Lebda. Lebda action figures FTW

Didn't someone recently get a 4 game suspension for essentially the identical play? Can't remember who.

Yeah it was Lapierre of the Canadians.

And I think there is a rule that if someone gets 2 major boarding calls in season, they are automatically suspended one game. And OVy already has a major boarding call this year for that hit on Kaleta.

Didn't someone recently get a 4 game suspension for essentially the identical play? Can't remember who.

I think you are referring to the hit on Scott Nichol by Maxim Lapierre. The same thing came to mind when I saw Ovie's hit on Campbell. Very identical. I don't have a problem with Ovie getting tossed or a suspension, but there was no call made in game on Lapierre. This league seriously has to get it's s*** together and start being consistent in the penalties that are called. Geez

i see alot off people saying that Ovie should be the face of the league not Sid.

here is the question who do you want to rep the NHL if your the boss you've got

Ovie: Great player arugably the best but he tends to have lapses in judgement and he doesnt always show concern for other players. Some ppl even say he is borderline dirty

Sid: another great player but he is a bit of a whiner and he doesnt always show respect for other players

and youve got to remember you have to attract new fans so i really dont think at this point in both their careers neither is the optimal choice to market

So i say Bettman should market Lebda. Lebda action figures FTW

They should market Stamkos if he continues this meteoric rise.

They should market Stamkos if he continues this meteoric rise.

I think Stamkos would work or maybe even Tavares

as a side note you see Stamkos hit on Cooke

Edited by pockets

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Intriguing technicality.

And we all know how selective the league can be when it comes to "automatic" suspensions...

Automatic Suspensions:

See the "Malkin Rule"

Yeah, but that player wasn't the best player in the league. Ovi is. And if there's one thing we know about the NHL is that they have a two-tiered system.

Intriguing technicality.

And we all know how selective the league can be when it comes to "automatic" suspensions...

Did you read the article? It lists the rule that states Ovi can't have the auto-suspension applied to him because the infraction occurred more than 41 games apart.

Also, am I the only guy who remembers how many extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible hits Messier did? The NHL named a frigging leadership award after him based solely on his famous NY Cup promise and have completely ignored how dirty he was.

I don't believe it was a dirty hit, but it wasn't necessary from that spot on the ice. Ovechkin is a big guy and uses his weight but he needs to know that he could end someone's career with one hard hit like that.

Also, am I the only guy who remembers how many extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible hits Messier did? The NHL named a frigging leadership award after him based solely on his famous NY Cup promise and have completely ignored how dirty he was.

Funny how its the exact same hits Cooke makes.

Holy f***! Why must you do these things Ovie??

Brutal... such a dangerous hit. It was like Campbell had a huge target on his back that Ovi was aiming for all the way down towards the boards.

Suspend him.. gotta give him a real punishment so he starts understanding that sometimes he has to let up.

Dangerous hit by Ovie, but he's the anti-Crosby. Of course he will be suspended.

Not sure what this means at all. What are you implying? He's the anti-Crosby, so he will be suspended? Does that imply that Crosby has avoided suspensions for some reason or another?

Ovechkin has been very lucky when it comes to suspensions, he's only been suspended once, while he has committed several borderline plays (not saying he should have been suspended for all of them, but to only have one suspension is lucky). If they suspend him for this, I think it would make sense, they just suspended Lapierre for 4 games for basically the same thing. I'm not sure how they avoid suspending based on that, but I worry that they will not suspend and explain it away in that the boarding call rule doesn't apply because there was 41 games in between, blah, blah, blah, but that would be missing the fact that this play "alone" is suspendable and they already showed that by suspending Lapierre for 4 games. Lapierre had no previous suspensions either, Ovechkin has the one (I think he avoided suspensions in teh past because he wasn't a repeat offender....which is always curious if you never suspsend, then you're never a repeat offender, but that's a different discussion).

Not sure what this means at all. What are you implying? He's the anti-Crosby, so he will be suspended? Does that imply that Crosby has avoided suspensions for some reason or another?

Ovechkin has been very lucky when it comes to suspensions, he's only been suspended once, while he has committed several borderline plays (not saying he should have been suspended for all of them, but to only have one suspension is lucky). If they suspend him for this, I think it would make sense, they just suspended Lapierre for 4 games for basically the same thing. I'm not sure how they avoid suspending based on that, but I worry that they will not suspend and explain it away in that the boarding call rule doesn't apply because there was 41 games in between, blah, blah, blah, but that would be missing the fact that this play "alone" is suspendable and they already showed that by suspending Lapierre for 4 games. Lapierre had no previous suspensions either, Ovechkin has the one (I think he avoided suspensions in teh past because he wasn't a repeat offender....which is always curious if you never suspsend, then you're never a repeat offender, but that's a different discussion).

Crosby's TEAM has avoided suspensions and punishments (Malkin, Cooke). Ovechkin, while a true sniper and exciting player, is excessively reckless. I don't believe him to be a dirty player, but rather that he loves playing hockey and sometimes his competitiveness gets the better of him.

Although I can see how some people would consider Crosby's ass fisting to be cause for concern.

From TSN :

The National Hockey League has scheduled a disciplinary hearing with Washington Capitals superstar Alexander Ovechkin to review his actions in Sunday's overtime victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.

It was Ovechkin's third game misconduct of the season. He was handed a game misconduct on Nov. 26 for a hit against Buffalo's Patrick Kaleta, and three days later received another for hitting Carolina's Tim Gleason below the knees.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Guest GordieSid&Ted

There is no question Ovechkin is probably the best player in the league right now, but he does some pretty stupid stuff. I guess every player has their flaws.

True dat. On another note. I think Sidney Crosby should be suspended for Ovie's hit. I don't know why. I just think Sid should be suspended. :hehe:

True dat. On another note. I think Sidney Crosby should be suspended for Ovie's hit. I don't know why. I just think Sid should be suspended. :hehe:

If that happens, you can be sure that the Apocalypse is upon us.

Either that or Brett Hull becomes commissioner.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I don't know if I'd call it a "hit" but I do agree this is where the respect thing comes into play.

Some of you are making this a much bigger deal that it is though. Richards or Cooke's hit was way dirtier IMO and are hits definitely lacking in respect.

Good on the Caps for coming back to win that game though, why can't the Wings ever pull something like this off?