• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Ducks - Maybe if they had an actual logo, I wouldn't mind, but I prefer the green and purple colors to
these funeral parlor colors they have now. Also, I never saw what was wrong with that old logo

Sharks - Should have kept their original jerseys, but instead opted for those added black and white
stripes as well as some orange to go with it. Before that, they added grey to it, which was
also bad. The original was more plain, and much better to look at.

Stars - I wish they somehow kept the North Stars color scheme. Also, that uterus-like 3rd jersey logo
needs to be canned.

Coyotes - The old logo was terrible (what the hell was it!), but at least the colors were better with
purple, green, black and burgundy being there. Now they just have red and white jerseys
like everyone else. Also, that greyhound bus jersey is plain ugly.

Kings - Should have kept the black and white jerseys they wore during the Gretzky era.

Blues - Don't know why they added those yellow stripes a few years ago, because it was perfect up
until that point.

Flames - They should always wear the jerseys they wore in the 80's. Now it's their 3rd jersey I
believe, but it should be the primary ones.

Canucks - This may be unpopular, but I think they should wear the jerseys they wore in
the early 90's. You know the one's that were black, white and yellow. Also, make the
Flying-V the 3rd jersey (No I'm notf****** kidding).

Sabres - Why can't they just wear their original jerseys instead of this stupid swish bison logo?
Instead, they treat the original one as a 3rd jersey. Common scheme in my post where the
better option is treated as a 3rd jersey.

Penguins - The ones they wore in the early 90's were the best. Also, the ones they wore in the late
90's were good. Basically, the current color schemes look bland and boring, where beige is
used instead of yellow. And don't even get me started on that powder blue crap.

Flyers - Bring back the cooperalls baby!

Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme.

Panthers - Another team that decided to add too many unnecessary stripes. Too many stripes is ugly to
look at, where their original jerseys were more plain but better to look at.

Hurricanes - Horrible jersey. For the longest time, I thought that their logo was a rose, until I
looked closer and saw that it was supposed to be a hurricane. I wish they somehow kept
the Whalers color scheme. Those were the best jerseys ever in sports.

Capitals - I like their current jersey, but I like the blue eagle one they wore before this better. I
wish they'd make it their road jersey or something.

So what do you guys think? Which ones would you change to the way it used to be?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#2 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

I agree with you on Kings, Canucks and Penguins. I like Coyotes and Hurricanes jerseys though. I think Coyotes' "dirty" red home jerseys look very good.

I think Mighty Ducks was a team I could never be a fan of just because of their logo, jerseys and especially their name. I think they could only go up from there.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

I agree with you on Kings, Canucks and Penguins. I like Coyotes and Hurricanes jerseys though. I think Coyotes' "dirty" red home jerseys look very good.

I think Mighty Ducks was a team I could never be a fan of just because of their logo, jerseys and especially their name. I think they could only go up from there.

I remember hearing something about the Ducks players being embarrassed about the logo and team name, but I never felt that way.

I understand they wanted to look tough with their new jerseys, but they could have at least attempted to create a new logo. F for effort to them.

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Didn't the kings have another jersey style before the Gretzky era? With those big crowns and gold jerseys. Those were sweet. I agree with you on the Whale, miss that team.
Posted Image

#5 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

i do like the sabres 3rd jersey, which is like the old one. Also the blues should make their third the permanent jersey.

Posted Image

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Didn't the kings have another jersey style before the Gretzky era? With those big crowns and gold jerseys. Those were sweet. I agree with you on the Whale, miss that team.

Yeah, they had the purple/gold Lakers style jerseys.

Those were cool, but I'd take the Gretzky era ones better. I don't know if ripping off the Lakers would work now.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Buffalo, Vancouver

#8 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, they had the purple/gold Lakers style jerseys.

Those were cool, but I'd take the Gretzky era ones better. I don't know if ripping off the Lakers would work now.

Yeah I think they lost their chance with those colors. Lol at the Carolina Rosebud jerseys.

The jerseys that get me are the third jerseys of the Lightning and the Senators. Just dark jerseys with BOLTS and SENS written across the front. Looks sooo tacky and embarrassing.
Posted Image

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Buffalo, Vancouver

You have to be more specific with Vancouver, because they've had so many jerseys.

Are you talking about the ones they wore in the early 90's like say when they went to the Finals?

Yeah I think they lost their chance with those colors. Lol at the Carolina Rosebud jerseys.

The jerseys that get me are the third jerseys of the Lightning and the Senators. Just dark jerseys with BOLTS and SENS written across the front. Looks sooo tacky and embarrassing.

That's pretty much my complaint with the Ducks jersey.

#10 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

Eventually the various GMs around the NHL will notice that every damn team wears red, black or blue and will snap the hell out of their stupid obsession with removing their team's originality.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#11 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Eventually the various GMs around the NHL will notice that every damn team wears red, black or blue and will snap the hell out of their stupid obsession with removing their team's originality.

And hopefully, they'll get rid of the pointless yellow stripes that everyone seems to add to their jerseys like mindless idiots.

#12 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

The Devils definitely should bring back the green trim and pants. Also, the Oilers should go make their 3rd jersey colors their primary colors like it used to be.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#13 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yellow stripes to the Wings socks and about 3 to 7 random yellow stripes on the arm of the jerseys. Git r done kenny!
Posted Image

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

The Devils definitely should bring back the green trim and pants. Also, the Oilers should go make their 3rd jersey colors their primary colors like it used to be.

I actually thought the orange and blue is the Oilers main jersey again. If I'm wrong, then I should have added that to the list for sure.

#15 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

You have to be more specific with Vancouver, because they've had so many jerseys.

Are you talking about the ones they wore in the early 90's like say when they went to the Finals?

That's pretty much my complaint with the Ducks jersey.

Was fine with the Halloween like colors, was fine with the colors they had after that. Blue/green I don't prefer.

#16 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

I actually thought the orange and blue is the Oilers main jersey again. If I'm wrong, then I should have added that to the list for sure.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they still wear this one.

http://gooddealhocke...ages/oilers.gif

I think they have gone to the blue and orange a bit more this year. Hopefully that trend continues.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#17 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Sabers, pens, Flames, and Flyers should all go back IMO

#18 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Sabers 3rd's are cool, and I really like San Jose and Vancouver's new jerseys.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#19 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

No love for the Mooterus?
Posted Image
The name alone makes it a classic.

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

No love for the Mooterus?
Posted Image
The name alone makes it a classic.

It's amazing that some marketing experts went to college for 4 years, and that's what they came up with as a logo.

It's even more remarkable that the team signed off on it.

Then again, the Stars have had more logos than any other team, since the California Golden Seals and Cleveland Barons were incorporated into the North Stars.