• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Teams that Should Have Never Changed their Jerseys

Rate this topic

Ducks - Maybe if they had an actual logo, I wouldn't mind, but I prefer the green and purple colors to

these funeral parlor colors they have now. Also, I never saw what was wrong with that old logo

Sharks - Should have kept their original jerseys, but instead opted for those added black and white

stripes as well as some orange to go with it. Before that, they added grey to it, which was

also bad. The original was more plain, and much better to look at.

Stars - I wish they somehow kept the North Stars color scheme. Also, that uterus-like 3rd jersey logo

needs to be canned.

Coyotes - The old logo was terrible (what the hell was it!), but at least the colors were better with

purple, green, black and burgundy being there. Now they just have red and white jerseys

like everyone else. Also, that greyhound bus jersey is plain ugly.

Kings - Should have kept the black and white jerseys they wore during the Gretzky era.

Blues - Don't know why they added those yellow stripes a few years ago, because it was perfect up

until that point.

Flames - They should always wear the jerseys they wore in the 80's. Now it's their 3rd jersey I

believe, but it should be the primary ones.

Canucks - This may be unpopular, but I think they should wear the jerseys they wore in

the early 90's. You know the one's that were black, white and yellow. Also, make the

Flying-V the 3rd jersey (No I'm not ******* kidding).

Sabres - Why can't they just wear their original jerseys instead of this stupid swish bison logo?

Instead, they treat the original one as a 3rd jersey. Common scheme in my post where the

better option is treated as a 3rd jersey.

Penguins - The ones they wore in the early 90's were the best. Also, the ones they wore in the late

90's were good. Basically, the current color schemes look bland and boring, where beige is

used instead of yellow. And don't even get me started on that powder blue crap.

Flyers - Bring back the cooperalls baby!

Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme.

Panthers - Another team that decided to add too many unnecessary stripes. Too many stripes is ugly to

look at, where their original jerseys were more plain but better to look at.

Hurricanes - Horrible jersey. For the longest time, I thought that their logo was a rose, until I

looked closer and saw that it was supposed to be a hurricane. I wish they somehow kept

the Whalers color scheme. Those were the best jerseys ever in sports.

Capitals - I like their current jersey, but I like the blue eagle one they wore before this better. I

wish they'd make it their road jersey or something.

So what do you guys think? Which ones would you change to the way it used to be?

I agree with you on Kings, Canucks and Penguins. I like Coyotes and Hurricanes jerseys though. I think Coyotes' "dirty" red home jerseys look very good.

I think Mighty Ducks was a team I could never be a fan of just because of their logo, jerseys and especially their name. I think they could only go up from there.

I agree with you on Kings, Canucks and Penguins. I like Coyotes and Hurricanes jerseys though. I think Coyotes' "dirty" red home jerseys look very good.

I think Mighty Ducks was a team I could never be a fan of just because of their logo, jerseys and especially their name. I think they could only go up from there.

I remember hearing something about the Ducks players being embarrassed about the logo and team name, but I never felt that way.

I understand they wanted to look tough with their new jerseys, but they could have at least attempted to create a new logo. F for effort to them.

Didn't the kings have another jersey style before the Gretzky era? With those big crowns and gold jerseys. Those were sweet. I agree with you on the Whale, miss that team.

Yeah, they had the purple/gold Lakers style jerseys.

Those were cool, but I'd take the Gretzky era ones better. I don't know if ripping off the Lakers would work now.

Yeah, they had the purple/gold Lakers style jerseys.

Those were cool, but I'd take the Gretzky era ones better. I don't know if ripping off the Lakers would work now.

Yeah I think they lost their chance with those colors. Lol at the Carolina Rosebud jerseys.

The jerseys that get me are the third jerseys of the Lightning and the Senators. Just dark jerseys with BOLTS and SENS written across the front. Looks sooo tacky and embarrassing.

Buffalo, Vancouver

You have to be more specific with Vancouver, because they've had so many jerseys.

Are you talking about the ones they wore in the early 90's like say when they went to the Finals?

Yeah I think they lost their chance with those colors. Lol at the Carolina Rosebud jerseys.

The jerseys that get me are the third jerseys of the Lightning and the Senators. Just dark jerseys with BOLTS and SENS written across the front. Looks sooo tacky and embarrassing.

That's pretty much my complaint with the Ducks jersey.

Eventually the various GMs around the NHL will notice that every damn team wears red, black or blue and will snap the hell out of their stupid obsession with removing their team's originality.

And hopefully, they'll get rid of the pointless yellow stripes that everyone seems to add to their jerseys like mindless idiots.

The Devils definitely should bring back the green trim and pants. Also, the Oilers should go make their 3rd jersey colors their primary colors like it used to be.

I actually thought the orange and blue is the Oilers main jersey again. If I'm wrong, then I should have added that to the list for sure.

You have to be more specific with Vancouver, because they've had so many jerseys.

Are you talking about the ones they wore in the early 90's like say when they went to the Finals?

That's pretty much my complaint with the Ducks jersey.

Was fine with the Halloween like colors, was fine with the colors they had after that. Blue/green I don't prefer.

No love for the Mooterus?

dallas3rd.jpg

The name alone makes it a classic.

It's amazing that some marketing experts went to college for 4 years, and that's what they came up with as a logo.

It's even more remarkable that the team signed off on it.

Then again, the Stars have had more logos than any other team, since the California Golden Seals and Cleveland Barons were incorporated into the North Stars.

I don't have an opinion on what they should be wearing, but the Wild's home jersey makes them look like elves.

I don't really mind their jersey, although it is odd that they basically ripped off the Timberwolves logo for their own idea.

The Sabres are going back to the original jersey full time next year (supposedly), and making the slug the 3rd jersey. Hooray, it's probably the best jersey in the NHL!

This is what I think the Hurricane's jersey really should be...

6db99a18e2931cd7c22444c87ef9df2f.jpg

Ducks - Maybe if they had an actual logo, I wouldn't mind, but I prefer the green and purple colors to

these funeral parlor colors they have now. Also, I never saw what was wrong with that old logo

Sharks - Should have kept their original jerseys, but instead opted for those added black and white

stripes as well as some orange to go with it. Before that, they added grey to it, which was

also bad. The original was more plain, and much better to look at.

Stars - I wish they somehow kept the North Stars color scheme. Also, that uterus-like 3rd jersey logo

needs to be canned.

Coyotes - The old logo was terrible (what the hell was it!), but at least the colors were better with

purple, green, black and burgundy being there. Now they just have red and white jerseys

like everyone else. Also, that greyhound bus jersey is plain ugly.

Kings - Should have kept the black and white jerseys they wore during the Gretzky era.

Blues - Don't know why they added those yellow stripes a few years ago, because it was perfect up

until that point.

Flames - They should always wear the jerseys they wore in the 80's. Now it's their 3rd jersey I

believe, but it should be the primary ones.

Canucks - This may be unpopular, but I think they should wear the jerseys they wore in

the early 90's. You know the one's that were black, white and yellow. Also, make the

Flying-V the 3rd jersey (No I'm not ******* kidding).

Sabres - Why can't they just wear their original jerseys instead of this stupid swish bison logo?

Instead, they treat the original one as a 3rd jersey. Common scheme in my post where the

better option is treated as a 3rd jersey.

Penguins - The ones they wore in the early 90's were the best. Also, the ones they wore in the late

90's were good. Basically, the current color schemes look bland and boring, where beige is

used instead of yellow. And don't even get me started on that powder blue crap.

Flyers - Bring back the cooperalls baby!

Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme.

Panthers - Another team that decided to add too many unnecessary stripes. Too many stripes is ugly to

look at, where their original jerseys were more plain but better to look at.

Hurricanes - Horrible jersey. For the longest time, I thought that their logo was a rose, until I

looked closer and saw that it was supposed to be a hurricane. I wish they somehow kept

the Whalers color scheme. Those were the best jerseys ever in sports.

Capitals - I like their current jersey, but I like the blue eagle one they wore before this better. I

wish they'd make it their road jersey or something.

So what do you guys think? Which ones would you change to the way it used to be?

Not sure on the colors but the reason that the logo changed was because of the ownership change. Disney was the original owner of the "Mighty Ducks", the logo was developed by Disney for the movie and the team, when Disney sold the ducks they retained the rights to Mighty Ducks, and the Logo... therefore they became just "Ducks" and had to develop a new jersey logo. Changing the colors was probably just an effort to further distance themselves from the previous design.