• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Teams that Should Have Never Changed their Jerseys

Rate this topic

Ducks - I don't care for the new ones, but I highly disliked the old. I consider it an upgrade that they're no longer the Mighty Ducks.

Sharks - Their current jerseys are an upgrade over the previous, so I'll take it.

Stars - Though boring, I like the Stars unis. Clean and simple.

Coyotes - Nothing good comes out of the Coyotes jerseys.

Kings - I prefer their current over the black, silver, and white. That always said Raiders more than Kings to me.

Blues - They're fine I guess.

Flames - I don't like any of the Flames uniforms, current or past, but the current are probably the best.

Canucks - Anything other than the boring Whale red, white, and blue design of the late 90s and early 2000s.

Sabres - I'm one of the few who doesn't mind their new jerseys, but agree that they should just use their originals.

Penguins - They're ok. Should be yellow instead of whatever off color that is now, but I don't care. It inspires rage within me either way.

Flyers - The current jerseys are fine, still think they should be orange though.

Devils - I'm not against the green, but the Devils identity is more tied with their current jerseys anyway.

Panthers - Just go away.

Hurricanes - Uninspiring would be a good way to describe these jerseys.

Capitals - Best uniforms they've ever worn. Hated the previous design, colors.

hey did you see my post from earlier in the thread? wasn't sure if you knew about this, but it is a great resource for viewing the history (and some information) about the NHL's uniforms!

Yes, thanks I saw it.

I remember visiting the site in the past, but kind of forgot about it, so it was good to be reminded of it again. Definitely a terrific resource, especially for posting pictures rather than descriptions, which I kind of wish I did.

Wonderful site, MannyK. Many thanks.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the yellow flying V Canucks unis? Ok, maybe I am.

I'm also probably the only one who doesn't mind the whole number on the front thing.

Wonderful site, MannyK. Many thanks.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the yellow flying V Canucks unis? Ok, maybe I am.

I'm also probably the only one who doesn't mind the whole number on the front thing.

I forgot to mention it, but I'd also like to see the Flying V just for a few games. I doubt they'd ever bring that back for the whole season, though.

I'm not familiar with that area of the country, but would Carolina Whalers have been a bad name?

That way they could have at least kept the jerseys or the jersey scheme even if they changed the logo.

In the Move to Carolina, the city of Hartford kept the Whalers name and Franchise. That's why in video games, you can never use the whalers as classic Hurricane's jerseys, and they never have the logo to use for jersey editors. Basically the Whalers Franchise dies and Carolina was an Expansion team that got all of the Hartford Players. They Even unretired the numbers (Was Howe the only one??)

and I also loved the Ugly Flying V jersey. I own a Yellow one as well as a Black #27 one. (Harold Snepts)

its amazing how often some teams change their logos and jerseys (capitals, buffalo, canucks)

but also the canucks plain hockey stick logo that makes a C is a great logo but the f***in whale and those f***in horrible 90's yellow and black jerseys were dreadful.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Someone must have had too much peyote down there to come up with that thing.

Naw... the 120 Degree summers & community of retirees is enough.

Other than the Reebokification of the current uniforms, I pretty much like them all as they are now in regards to colors and designs.

However there are exceptions:

I'm not a big fan of Calgary's hairy C.

Penguins should ditch the true gold and go the more yellowish gold, but I can live with their colors.

Atlanta's baby blue, assymetric jersey is probably the ugliest in the League in my opinion.

Guest micah

I wish the wings would shrink their logo a bit. It doesn't have to be '50s small, but it's been rather billbopard-esque since they jumped to the RBKs.

Guest micah

I know the league/CCM/KOHO increased the size of the logo several years ago - however I'm thinking the logos might even look bigger now that they're on the slim-cut RBK sweaters (which I'm not a fan of).

It could be that the sweater cut caused them to move the C and the A even though the logo hadn't changed - but I seem to recall that it did get a bit bigger on the RBK sweaters, even though the sweater got smaller. This certainly wasn't the first time they made it bigger though, it's been gradually increasing in size since the 1950s. At this rate our great grandkids will be arguing about whether the logo was better back before the wingtip touched the wheel on the player's back :)

It could be that the sweater cut caused them to move the C and the A even though the logo hadn't changed - but I seem to recall that it did get a bit bigger on the RBK sweaters, even though the sweater got smaller. This certainly wasn't the first time they made it bigger though, it's been gradually increasing in size since the 1950s. At this rate our great grandkids will be arguing about whether the logo was better back before the wingtip touched the wheel on the player's back :)

I always thought that this was because when the retired Stevie Yzerman's 19 they retired his 'C' as well and so the Wings changed the side? Just assumed as all the other teams still have their letters on the left breast.

Guest micah

I always thought that this was because when the retired Stevie Yzerman's 19 they retired his 'C' as well and so the Wings changed the side? Just assumed as all the other teams still have their letters on the left breast.

Nope. It was, they said at the time, for "logistical" reasons.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well, love them or hate them the devils will be wearing their classic red, white, and green jerseys tomorrow when they face the pittsburgh penguins. marty will be wearing his mask he wore in his first nhl game. and coach lemaire might be wearing a green hat. :lol:

:D

heres the article:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=521615

and heres the jersey! haha!

devils052.png?w=300&h=275

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well, love them or hate them the devils will be wearing their classic red, white, and green jerseys tomorrow when they face the pittsburgh penguins. marty will be wearing his mask he wore in his first nhl game. and coach lemaire might be wearing a green hat. :lol:

:D

heres the article:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=521615

and heres the jersey! haha!

devils052.png?w=300&h=275

:thumbup:

Let's hope it's permanent.