• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Teams that Should Have Never Changed their Jerseys

Rate this topic

Ducks - Maybe if they had an actual logo, I wouldn't mind, but I prefer the green and purple colors to

these funeral parlor colors they have now. Also, I never saw what was wrong with that old logo

Old logo was owned by Disney so they were unable to use it. I agree with you about the old design and colors.

"Sharks - Should have kept their original jerseys, but instead opted for those added black and white

stripes as well as some orange to go with it. Before that, they added grey to it, which was

also bad. The original was more plain, and much better to look at."

Sharks05.png

"Stars - I wish they somehow kept the North Stars color scheme. Also, that uterus-like 3rd jersey logo

needs to be canned."

No on the North Stars (horrible colors) and that 3rd hasn't been used for a couple years now.

Stars02.png

"Coyotes - The old logo was terrible (what the hell was it!), but at least the colors were better with

purple, green, black and burgundy being there. Now they just have red and white jerseys

like everyone else. Also, that greyhound bus jersey is plain ugly."

The colors were pretty awesome.

This is my personal opinion on what the designs should look like:

phoenixrealhome.jpgphoenixrealaway.jpg

"Kings - Should have kept the black and white jerseys they wore during the Gretzky era."

Agreed.

Kings20.png

"Blues - Don't know why they added those yellow stripes a few years ago, because it was perfect up

until that point."

Also agreed. I believe the blue red jerseys were one of the best.

Blues18.png

"Flames - They should always wear the jerseys they wore in the 80's. Now it's their 3rd jersey I

believe, but it should be the primary ones."

Blech. I prefer the late 90s for some reason.

Flames12.png

"Canucks - This may be unpopular, but I think they should wear the jerseys they wore in

the early 90's. You know the one's that were black, white and yellow. Also, make the

Flying-V the 3rd jersey (No I'm not ******* kidding)."

Yes except for the stupid flying V logo.

Canucks20.png

"Sabres - Why can't they just wear their original jerseys instead of this stupid swish bison logo?

Instead, they treat the original one as a 3rd jersey. Common scheme in my post where the

better option is treated as a 3rd jersey."

Yes. I do like the red/silver/black versions, though.

Sabres09.png

"Penguins - The ones they wore in the early 90's were the best. Also, the ones they wore in the late

90's were good. Basically, the current color schemes look bland and boring, where beige is

used instead of yellow. And don't even get me started on that powder blue crap."

Yes.

Penguins21.png

"Flyers - Bring back the cooperalls baby!"

Nooooo.

"Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme."

Noooooooo.

" Panthers- Another team that decided to add too many unnecessary stripes. Too many stripes is ugly to

look at, where their original jerseys were more plain but better to look at."

Vertical stripes are always dumb.

Panthers08.png

"Hurricanes - Horrible jersey. For the longest time, I thought that their logo was a rose, until I

looked closer and saw that it was supposed to be a hurricane. I wish they somehow kept

the Whalers color scheme. Those were the best jerseys ever in sports."

Yes.

"Capitals - I like their current jersey, but I like the blue eagle one they wore before this better. I

wish they'd make it their road jersey or something."

Their late 90s jerseys were the best.

Capitals16.png

No love for the Mooterus?

dallas3rd.jpg

The name alone makes it a classic.

omg....:puke:

lol....circus jerseys

eptsportsnhlexperts9680.jpg

This one made me lol. Looks like a troll

cougars3.png

and as a side note, anyone that thinks any original six team should alter their jerseys in any way should be slapped.

Edited by Original-Six

Doc - don't take this personally....Those jerseys you mentioned above that you liked (St.Louis/Calgary/Washington) were all pretty sad when compared to the ones they replaced...You must have something for vertical/angular stripes?

There are not vertical stripes in the jerseys I mentioned. I do like the angular stripes because they are more original than the standard horizontal, but I hate vertical stripes.

And we can agree to disagree on how "sad" the jerseys are. :D

Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme.

Did you happen to catch the Devils/Penguins game yesterday? In honor of St. Patrick's Day, the Devils brought out the old Green pants and jersey's! They did look good! I say I am with ya, bring em' back permanently!!!

Did you happen to catch the Devils/Penguins game yesterday? In honor of St. Patrick's Day, the Devils brought out the old Green pants and jersey's! They did look good! I say I am with ya, bring em' back permanently!!!

Yeah, I saw highlights of the game.

The jerseys looked awesome. I was waiting for Troy Crowder to come off the bench there.

The jersey devil is probably green anyway, so why not wear the color?

I'm not familiar with that area of the country, but would Carolina Whalers have been a bad name?

That way they could have at least kept the jerseys or the jersey scheme even if they changed the logo.

Okay I know I'm way off the pace with this one (it being a 5-day-old post and all) but it got me to thinking some. Winnipeg would have been better off moving to Dallas, it being a major hub of commercial flight, hence the Dallas Jets, Minnesota to Phoenix because in the desert, the stars shine the brightest. I know it's petty but it would fit better!

It could be that the sweater cut caused them to move the C and the A even though the logo hadn't changed - but I seem to recall that it did get a bit bigger on the RBK sweaters, even though the sweater got smaller. This certainly wasn't the first time they made it bigger though, it's been gradually increasing in size since the 1950s. At this rate our great grandkids will be arguing about whether the logo was better back before the wingtip touched the wheel on the player's back :)

The rbk cut leaves less room for the logo which causes the wing to hit the space where the C/A should be.

It is a terrible jersey design. If they were so worried about sweat why not use the same material in the old CCM cuts? Those jerseys were so much better.

Okay I know I'm way off the pace with this one (it being a 5-day-old post and all) but it got me to thinking some. Winnipeg would have been better off moving to Dallas, it being a major hub of commercial flight, hence the Dallas Jets, Minnesota to Phoenix because in the desert, the stars shine the brightest. I know it's petty but it would fit better!

Yeah, but the Stars couldn't call themselves the North Stars since they wouldn't be up north in Minnesota. Thus, they'd have changed their uniforms anyway when moving the Phoenix.

As for the Dallas Jets, I guess they could have kept the old Winnipeg logo and jersey (which no one mentioned as a favorite!), but chances are they'd have changed the design and colors also.