• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

the ducks had to change their jerseys, colors, and team name because disney owned the rights to them and they wanted to seperate themselves from a sometimes brutal sport. fighting and physical play is not always good for little kids.

you guys who like the green in the devils jersey must be high. why would the devil wear xmas colors?

Attached File  Seinfeld_Ep_109_The_Face_Painter.png   81.83KB   4 downloads

Begs to differ.:D
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#42 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

I'm not familiar with that area of the country, but would Carolina Whalers have been a bad name?

That way they could have at least kept the jerseys or the jersey scheme even if they changed the logo.

As far as I know there's not a ton of whaling done in the Atlantic. So, yes.

However, I posted it more for the fact that whalers>canes, not on location.

Please note those are rbk jerseys. I think they are mock ups for what some Canadians hope they will see. That is, before the US dollar begins to correct by the end of this year and NHL forgets those people up north again.

Attached File  Seinfeld_Ep_109_The_Face_Painter.png   81.83KB   4 downloads

Begs to differ.:D

Naw... he just ran outta red in his zombie makeup kit.

Please note those are rbk jerseys. I think they are mock ups for what some Canadians hope they will see. That is, before the US dollar begins to correct by the end of this year and NHL forgets those people up north again.

freeky... new board combines posts...

freeky... new board combines posts...

so can I add and add and add without an edit message?

I can! I can!

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#43 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Ducks: I thought the old jerseys were a little funny looking, so I welcomed the change to the "Ducks" jerseys. agreed

Sharks: I'm not really a fan of any of their jerseys, but I don't like teal... But the old one is definitely better than the one they are using now. yes, but I "kind of" like each version of their jerseys over the years...

Stars: Yea their 3rd is rough. I didn't mind their first jerseys in Dallas. I guess I don't have much opinion either way here... as previously mentioned, those Mooterus jerseys have been rendered extinct forever... YAY! I liked their "1999 Stanley Cup" era jerseys... my favs
Posted Image

Coyotes: They went from worse to bad, but at least it's an improvement. agree, but I did kind of like those Picasso jerseys... took me a while to get used to these new maroon ones

Kings: Agree with the black and silver - Gretzky era ones. Those looked great. I also like the purple and gold ones, as they look more "kingly," I guess, but I think the black and silver beats that one in sharpness.

Blues: They have never really looked bad to me. I do like their current 3rd logo a lot. These ones are my fav:
Posted Image

Flames: I like their old ones better, but their new ones are not bad almost as great -- I own a current "Black C" home jersey!

Canucks: I didn't like the black and yellow, so I think the new ones are better, but I'm still not a fan. I love the new old blue-green color scheme.

Sabres: I like their current thirds, but the buffa-slug is pretty dumb. Also, the balck, red, and white wasn't bad, but the originals and their current 3rds are definitely the best. They are the only ones that actually have a "saber" on the logo, unless I'm missing something. ---- nope, this is correct. and the buffa-slug needs to DIE!

Penguins: The baby blues need to be gathered and burned. Need to go back to their black with yellow trim this:
Posted Image

Flyers: I like the originals and current ones. Anything orange. yessir!

Devils: I like them without the green pants. Black and red is all they need. I mean, they need to look devilish. why does everyone want them to go back to Christmas tree colors?? Red & black = Devils

Panthers: Need to not exist... totally

Hurricanes: Need to go back to Hartford and re-adopt their green jerseys. I also like the blue jerseys they used towards the end of their Hartford days.

Capitals: I actually like their current ones the best. The teal with the eagle didn't do anything for me. me too!

my thoughts are very similar to yours in taste.
Let's Go Wings!

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

Washington's current jersey is much better than the old black/tan/blue one. I didn't care for Vancouver's new blue jersey at first, but its grown on me lately and I'd take that one over the older ones.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

i like this

Posted Image

better than

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

I just hope we never have to see Montreal's red white and blue barber pole looking uniforms ever again, no logo just stripes=Fugly.
While were on the topic of uniforms, would anyone else like to see us rock out the winter classic jerseys every now and again?????? Its also impressive that Detroit has stuck to its roots and remains 1 of 2 teams to only have 2 colors on their jerseys (Toronto being the other)

I would love to see the wings bring back the winter classic jerseys.. I LOVED Those and it is my dream to own one. If im not mistaken I believe at one point, the Leafs added a silver trim to their jerseys, it's not there anymore but I think there was one in the early millennium, leaving the wings the only team to always have only two color jerseys.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I figured people would agree with me on some and disagree on others. As Tane said, yeah I do have a preference for the jerseys that teams wore when I started watching hockey.

Also, I'm apparently the only person that wants to see the Flyers wear cooperalls for at least two to three games a season. :D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

best.....jersey.....ever :rolleyes: :lol:

Posted Image

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#49 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

best.....jersey.....ever :rolleyes: :lol:

Posted Image

I don't know if that counts since they never wore it.

I would have loved to seem in it for at least a year.

Mike Keenan is such a party pooper. <_<

#50 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I figured people would agree with me on some and disagree on others. As Tane said, yeah I do have a preference for the jerseys that teams wore when I started watching hockey.

Also, I'm apparently the only person that wants to see the Flyers wear cooperalls for at least two to three games a season. :D

hey did you see my post from earlier in the thread? wasn't sure if you knew about this, but it is a great resource for viewing the history (and some information) about the NHL's uniforms!

do you guys know about the site NHL Uniforms? http://www.nhluniforms.com/

it's awesome =)

Edited by MannyK, 15 March 2010 - 12:27 PM.

Let's Go Wings!

#51 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

I don't know if that counts since they never wore it.

I would have loved to seem in it for at least a year.

Mike Keenan is such a party pooper. <_<

I don't know, if Keenan didn't boycott it I think the players would have :D

I agree with the Sabres old jerseys, they are simply one of the greatest designs/logos in the NHL.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

I don't know, if Keenan didn't boycott it I think the players would have :D

I agree with the Sabres old jerseys, they are simply one of the greatest designs/logos in the NHL.

They should make this their primary jersey.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

my thoughts are very similar to yours in taste.

Great minds think alike :D

They should make this their primary jersey.

Posted Image

Agree 100%

#54 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

Ducks - I don't care for the new ones, but I highly disliked the old. I consider it an upgrade that they're no longer the Mighty Ducks.

Sharks - Their current jerseys are an upgrade over the previous, so I'll take it.

Stars - Though boring, I like the Stars unis. Clean and simple.

Coyotes - Nothing good comes out of the Coyotes jerseys.

Kings - I prefer their current over the black, silver, and white. That always said Raiders more than Kings to me.

Blues - They're fine I guess.

Flames - I don't like any of the Flames uniforms, current or past, but the current are probably the best.

Canucks - Anything other than the boring Whale red, white, and blue design of the late 90s and early 2000s.

Sabres - I'm one of the few who doesn't mind their new jerseys, but agree that they should just use their originals.

Penguins - They're ok. Should be yellow instead of whatever off color that is now, but I don't care. It inspires rage within me either way.

Flyers - The current jerseys are fine, still think they should be orange though.

Devils - I'm not against the green, but the Devils identity is more tied with their current jerseys anyway.

Panthers - Just go away.

Hurricanes - Uninspiring would be a good way to describe these jerseys.

Capitals - Best uniforms they've ever worn. Hated the previous design, colors.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#55 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Any jersey with numbers on the front need to die. Especially the Stars one that says DALLAS on the front with player numbers. I mean, what the f*** is that?

#56 h2obury

h2obury

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

I really like the old style Buffalo Sabres jersey's I always though they were pretty slick looking.
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~Gordie Howe

#57 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

hey did you see my post from earlier in the thread? wasn't sure if you knew about this, but it is a great resource for viewing the history (and some information) about the NHL's uniforms!

Yes, thanks I saw it.

I remember visiting the site in the past, but kind of forgot about it, so it was good to be reminded of it again. Definitely a terrific resource, especially for posting pictures rather than descriptions, which I kind of wish I did.

#58 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Wonderful site, MannyK. Many thanks.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the yellow flying V Canucks unis? Ok, maybe I am.

I'm also probably the only one who doesn't mind the whole number on the front thing.

#59 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Wonderful site, MannyK. Many thanks.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the yellow flying V Canucks unis? Ok, maybe I am.

I'm also probably the only one who doesn't mind the whole number on the front thing.

I forgot to mention it, but I'd also like to see the Flying V just for a few games. I doubt they'd ever bring that back for the whole season, though.

#60 Tane

Tane

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm not familiar with that area of the country, but would Carolina Whalers have been a bad name?

That way they could have at least kept the jerseys or the jersey scheme even if they changed the logo.

In the Move to Carolina, the city of Hartford kept the Whalers name and Franchise. That's why in video games, you can never use the whalers as classic Hurricane's jerseys, and they never have the logo to use for jersey editors. Basically the Whalers Franchise dies and Carolina was an Expansion team that got all of the Hartford Players. They Even unretired the numbers (Was Howe the only one??)

and I also loved the Ugly Flying V jersey. I own a Yellow one as well as a Black #27 one. (Harold Snepts)