No love for the Mooterus?
Posted Image
The name alone makes it a classic.

omg....:puke:

lol....circus jerseys

Posted Image

This one made me lol. Looks like a troll

Posted Image

and as a side note, anyone that thinks any original six team should alter their jerseys in any way should be slapped.

Edited by Original-Six, 17 March 2010 - 12:50 AM.

#82 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

This one made me lol. Looks like a troll

Posted Image

Yeah - it does look like a troll from under a bridge :lol:

I do like the color scheme though; pretty simple/classic hockey sweater styling; an all red with a few white stripes would look great as well :thumbup:

If anything - maybe - just maybe add the front tie-up to give it an additional "old school" classic look...Then again it looks great as is.

EDIT - Without a doubt - the 1986-2007 Red Wings jerseys are by far the best by CCM/KOHO Posted Image

Edited by F.Michael, 17 March 2010 - 10:13 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#83 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Doc - don't take this personally....Those jerseys you mentioned above that you liked (St.Louis/Calgary/Washington) were all pretty sad when compared to the ones they replaced...You must have something for vertical/angular stripes?

There are not vertical stripes in the jerseys I mentioned. I do like the angular stripes because they are more original than the standard horizontal, but I hate vertical stripes.

And we can agree to disagree on how "sad" the jerseys are. :D

Posted Image

#84 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

There are not vertical stripes in the jerseys I mentioned. I do like the angular stripes because they are more original than the standard horizontal, but I hate vertical stripes.

And we can agree to disagree on how "sad" the jerseys are. :D

I stand corrected...Angular stripes they are...They still make me want to :puke: if you ask me.

:lol:

#85 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

Devils - I personally think they need to bring the green pants back into their jersey scheme.

Did you happen to catch the Devils/Penguins game yesterday? In honor of St. Patrick's Day, the Devils brought out the old Green pants and jersey's! They did look good! I say I am with ya, bring em' back permanently!!!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#86 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Did you happen to catch the Devils/Penguins game yesterday? In honor of St. Patrick's Day, the Devils brought out the old Green pants and jersey's! They did look good! I say I am with ya, bring em' back permanently!!!

Yeah, I saw highlights of the game.

The jerseys looked awesome. I was waiting for Troy Crowder to come off the bench there.

The jersey devil is probably green anyway, so why not wear the color?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#87 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, I saw highlights of the game.

The jerseys looked awesome. I was waiting for Troy Crowder to come off the bench there.

The jersey devil is probably green anyway, so why not wear the color?

Bill Guerin was probably having some flashbacks as well.

#88 w00p33

w00p33

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

I'm not familiar with that area of the country, but would Carolina Whalers have been a bad name?

That way they could have at least kept the jerseys or the jersey scheme even if they changed the logo.

Okay I know I'm way off the pace with this one (it being a 5-day-old post and all) but it got me to thinking some. Winnipeg would have been better off moving to Dallas, it being a major hub of commercial flight, hence the Dallas Jets, Minnesota to Phoenix because in the desert, the stars shine the brightest. I know it's petty but it would fit better!

#89 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

It could be that the sweater cut caused them to move the C and the A even though the logo hadn't changed - but I seem to recall that it did get a bit bigger on the RBK sweaters, even though the sweater got smaller. This certainly wasn't the first time they made it bigger though, it's been gradually increasing in size since the 1950s. At this rate our great grandkids will be arguing about whether the logo was better back before the wingtip touched the wheel on the player's back :)

The rbk cut leaves less room for the logo which causes the wing to hit the space where the C/A should be.

It is a terrible jersey design. If they were so worried about sweat why not use the same material in the old CCM cuts? Those jerseys were so much better.

Posted Image

#90 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Okay I know I'm way off the pace with this one (it being a 5-day-old post and all) but it got me to thinking some. Winnipeg would have been better off moving to Dallas, it being a major hub of commercial flight, hence the Dallas Jets, Minnesota to Phoenix because in the desert, the stars shine the brightest. I know it's petty but it would fit better!

Yeah, but the Stars couldn't call themselves the North Stars since they wouldn't be up north in Minnesota. Thus, they'd have changed their uniforms anyway when moving the Phoenix.

As for the Dallas Jets, I guess they could have kept the old Winnipeg logo and jersey (which no one mentioned as a favorite!), but chances are they'd have changed the design and colors also.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#91 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

The rbk cut leaves less room for the logo which causes the wing to hit the space where the C/A should be.

It is a terrible jersey design. If they were so worried about sweat why not use the same material in the old CCM cuts? Those jerseys were so much better.

...and the older style CCM jerseys do a much better job at hiding my "love handles" :blush: