• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Wings Fatigued from the Last Few Playoff Runs?

Rate this topic

Losing 6&7 in cup finals, that was tough..

Especially cause we thought losing game 6 was not that bad cause we could lift the cup at the Joe...

But the first argument of our problems is simple: life-long contracts.

Henrik now plays like a 36-year old veteran who is on his last contract, he does an ok job but nothing more (something like Shanny during his 2 last seasons)

You guys had to remind us :paperbag3:

Its definately one reason. Guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg have looked lethargic all season, like they were skating in treacle.

Add to that free-agency losses, aging core and horrific injuries...

I also wonder if they been too successful. In The Game, Dryden talks about how by the late 70s the team felt they had earned the right to lose. I've wondered a lot if that way of thinking has crept into some players minds.

I wonder if their performance this year in particular has anything to do with losing in Game 7 of the finals last year?! that must have some kind of lasting effect on players? To be so close, then lose out.

I know for a fact it's had a lasting effect on me, and I don't even play for them! To me, the final horn felt the same as a death in the family.

Also, I wonder how much of it has to do with riding a young, inexperienced goalie throughout the year?! There's a certain stability that a rock solid goalie brings to a team, we haven't had that stability with Osgood this year, so the players may be looking at it in such a way that Howard is their only hope, and they get nervous most nights?!

I'm not sure, just suggestions, but since I've been a fan of the Red Wings (1996-97), I have noticed that being a goalie in Detroit is brutal - for anyone!

Edited by beez35