• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Steve Downie with another questionable play

Rate this topic

Check this out - Downie puts some kind of leg hold on our hero Sidney Crosby. Strange play, everyone put aside your Crosby rage for a second and judge the play by Downie. Looks like intent to injure, and based on Downie's past actions, I have no doubt he was trying to take the guy out. Ouch

Well, not sure if I'd go as far to say that it "looks" like intent to injure. For most players I would say that it simply looks like he tackles Crosby (not legal of course, but not dirty) and the legs get tangled. Though, with Downie, I guess you might be apt to think about it a little more, does look like he goes out of his way to wrap up that leg, but not sure if he fell on it like that on purpose.

After watching the reply, I think my gut instinct would say that he simply tried to take him out of the play, not injure, but I can see where someone might take a different view.

Yah, I don't think he meant to fall on top of his knee there, but there was definitely some attempt to slew foot Crosby with that leg-behind-the-knee move.

Either way, the kid has done some strange and dirty things in his young NHL career...add this to the list.

It's hard to say. It LOOKS like intent to injure, but Crosby really looked like he was selling it when he was looking up toward the rafters. The boards being in the way don't help much, so I can't really say one way or another. Crosby obviously finished the game none the worse for wear, which is more than we can say for Savard...

I can't help but wonder if this is what Pittsburgh has opened themselves up to with the whole Matt Cooke situation.

Who knows if he meant to hurt Crosby, or if Crosby was actually hurt. Due to the variables this is a lot harder to judge than the Ovechkin incident from earlier today. With that said, either way it is still pretty dirty.

Now getting a little sidetracked, have you guys ever wondered if Crosby isnt really a faker and diver? Maybe he just has a very very low pain tolerance, much like a real baby.

Poor Sid was so hurt, he played 23:44 of the game today, more ice time than any other skater. If it was intent to injure, it was a very poor result.

I would think if Downie really wanted to injure a guy, he'd do it with a blindside check behind the net instead of a trip near the boards where his legs get caught.

Like many of you's, i also hate Crysbaby.

But after seeing that.. that is incredible.

To even judge the fact that he didn't try to injure him is to funny, and anyone who "claim's" he didn't do it on purpose just hates Sidney.

Downie could of made an attempt to move his leg, just another very dirty play.

No class , no balls.

Sometimes the Crosby hate here really is amazing. Im not huge on the guy, but is he supposed to have some special robotic knee or something that allows it to go sideways like that? He really is a good actor to be able to make his limbs go like that and it not hurt him, maybe he should be in the circus instead.

<_<

Check this out - Downie puts some kind of leg hold on our hero Sidney Crosby. Strange play, everyone put aside your Crosby rage for a second and judge the play by Downie. Looks like intent to injure, and based on Downie's past actions, I have no doubt he was trying to take the guy out. Ouch

<_< If Crosby's looking for "Sympathy" he will find it buried between "s***" and "Syphillis" in the dictionary...

Sometimes the Crosby hate here really is amazing. Im not huge on the guy, but is he supposed to have some special robotic knee or something that allows it to go sideways like that? He really is a good actor to be able to make his limbs go like that and it not hurt him, maybe he should be in the circus instead.

It's just the jealousy. Wings fans are deprived of great hockey players and leaders like Crosby now that Yzerman has retired.

So pretty much anyone that shows any positivity to Crosby is a Satanist murderer.

Inb4 more negative ratings for my posts. Keep spamming that red button guys!

It's just the jealousy. Wings fans are deprived of great hockey players and leaders like Crosby now that Yzerman has retired.

So pretty much anyone that shows any positivity to Crosby is a Satanist murderer.

Inb4 more negative ratings for my posts. Keep spamming that red button guys!

It doesn't have anything to do with jealousy.

When you blather like you just demonstrated on the subject, you just add further fuel to the fire unnecessarily in making people disliking him more, and not liking you when you embelish people's thoughts with a broad scope.