• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Steve Downie with another questionable play

Rate this topic

It doesn't have anything to do with jealousy.

When you blather like you just demonstrated on the subject, you just add further fuel to the fire unnecessarily in making people disliking him more, and not liking you when you embelish people's thoughts with a broad scope.

Sorry, I have a bad habit of stooping down to other's level.

So I tend to just fight fire with fire, makes it more entertaining.

Baiting is a very naughty bad thing...

I agree.

Look at all the posters in the thread that are saying Crosby deserved it, and he was completely acting.

When I see remarks like this I tend to just match the intelligence I'm surrounded with.

I agree.

Look at all the posters in the thread that are saying Crosby deserved it, and he was completely acting.

When I see remarks like this I tend to just match the intelligence I'm surrounded with.

You really like to dig yourself in a hole deeper and deeper apparently...

Have fun with that...

I don't think it was that bad.

It's not like he put him in the figure four lock, like the announcers were comparing it too. Talk about embellishment, those Pens announcers were stretching it there.

People (mostly pens fans) are going nuts on this over on the HF boards. For this you have to look at Downie's past and Crosby's. Downie has been known to try these cheap shots, but crosby has been known to dive and embellish plays. I think this was a case of Downie trying to take crosby out along the boards lost his balance and tried to keep himself up by hanging on to crosby. Crosby feeling this contact fell to the ice, but was tangled up with Downie so Downie ended up crushing crosby's knee to the ice. It's really hard to tell how bad something is when crosby gets hurt. In the Olympics he was tapped in the head with a stick and laid on the ice like he died. Then this happens and he is back out on the ice 30 seconds later. I am not a fan of using a person's past to judge if it was intentional or not, when it is boarderline as this play. I guess Downie can be blamed for building up that reputation.

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Steve Downie is a lucky man; his case might be looked at by Colin Campbell.

Anybody pointing to ice time as "evidence" that Crosby embellished on this play really needs their posting privileges revoked. If anything, the only thing we can conclude here is that he got damned lucky that he didn't tear a knee ligament. You've all seen it with Franzen, Kronner, knees can go so easily. Just look at that replay. Sid's got nearly 200 pounds coming straight down on that knee. I only watched the clip twice to make sure I was seeing what I was. I couldn't watch it again after that. He's really lucky he escaped a season ending knee injury there. Good lesson to the kiddies why stretching is so important.

That was a horrific looking tumble. I loathe Downie, yet I don't think he intentionally tried to injure him. I think he intentionally tried to take him out of the play and piss Sid off, which is what Downie is good at. Just unfortunate the way they fell there.

You could see it as Sid gets up, gingerly skates over and then is dealing with the trainer on the bench. That fall tweaked his knee. Like I said, lucky he didn't get hurt but i honestly think, in that instant that it happened, he probably had some serious, sharp pain there as you just don't bend a knee sideways like that and dump 200 pounds on it without wincing a teeny bit. I don't care how friggin' tough a person is. That s*** hurts.

Nothing questionable about that stupid and dangerous move. Downie is a dirty cheap player and has proved that many times in the past. If his intent wasn't to injure him then what other possible explaination could their be for doing anything like that? You don't have to like Crosby to see plainly that it was dirty and it hurt... lucky there was nothing serious done but there should still be repercussions regardless imo. Just think if that similar move was done on Zetterberg or Datsyuk... would be dirty then?

I don't think it was that bad.

It's not like he put him in the figure four lock, like the announcers were comparing it too. Talk about embellishment, those Pens announcers were stretching it there.

Watch it again and look at his knee... knees aren't made to bend that way. Why not try that position yourself and let us all know how you make out... oh and while your knee is tweaked and is supporting your body weight + someone elses try embellishing it for dramatic effect.

His always been a dirty player, league doesn't need people like this. Lock him up and throw the key. The game is to play hockey not break the opponents knee and if you can't do that then get the hell out of the sport.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

It's just the jealousy. Wings fans are deprived of great hockey players and leaders like Crosby now that Yzerman has retired.

So pretty much anyone that shows any positivity to Crosby is a Satanist murderer.

Inb4 more negative ratings for my posts. Keep spamming that red button guys!

Because Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are all horrible hockey players and show zero leadership skills. Your love for Crosby is sickening. And stop complaining about negative ratings. People who complain about negative ratings deserve negative ratings.

let me guess he's fine? so all that howling and throwing his head back was an act? yeah typical. I wonder what yzerman would have done? Probably get up and continue busting his ass until his shift was over.

who gives a s*** its crosby. ill tell u what ill give him $20 dollars to do it again.

Crosby is a ****** bag but he doesn't deserve to get injured intentionally. The guy plays great his just a wuss that's the problem.

I hate Crosby but I don't wish him bad but I don't want him to succeed either.

Guest Shoreline

Sometimes the Crosby hate here really is amazing. Im not huge on the guy, but is he supposed to have some special robotic knee or something that allows it to go sideways like that? He really is a good actor to be able to make his limbs go like that and it not hurt him, maybe he should be in the circus instead.

Given some of the comments "what a dive", "i'll pay someone $20 to do it again", this would be correct. I've never seen so much jealousy of a player from a fanbase in my life. It's laughable, and embarrassing at the same time.

And I can't really tell what the hell happened there. It was an awkward hit, certainly not a legal one, but Crosby didn't seem injured by it, played more minutes than any other player in that game. Looks like the penalty was justified and that's all that was necessary. Downie, on the other hand, needs to be watched for any other similar antics, as the guy doesn't bring much else to the game besides this stuff.

Edited by Shoreline