• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Hudler and Dynamo Moscow out in first round of playoffs

Rate this topic

The problem with what Hudler did, was he handcuffed Ken Holland by NOT accepting the $3.whatever Million and opted for arbitration all but causing Hossa to go to the Hawks. As rumor had it, Hossa would've re-signed here for the rest of his career for a little more than $4MM per season cap hit. The fact that Holland was forced by Hudler to wait and wait pretty much was the only reason Hossa is not a Red Wing right now. And something tells me that if he was a Red Wing right now, they wouldn't be battling for the 8th playoff spot... Thanks Hudler, I am glad you were eliminated and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't ever come back!

You're either misinformed, confused, or just plain full of s***.

From what I understand, Kenny made an offer to Hudler and then Kenny balked and pretty much told Hudler's agent that he wasn't worth that much money. That is when things started to go south.

Where do you guys get this stuff?

I don't understand why you guys we're mad at Hudler for? What he did was the best thing that can happen for both the Wings and Hudler. His still young and needs a big pay day and wasn't going to get one from Detroit. Now he knows the only way to get the big check was to go play for another team or he had the choice to go KHL for 2 years make some fast clean money.

He did not say he would return but the circumstances that the Wings we're at the cap limit, we, Wings fans are speculating that when the cap room opens up and Huds contract is over at KHL we will make a legitimate offer to bring him back offer.

I'm glad as hell he left to the KHL if he stayed in the league he was going to end up with another team sooner then later.

If he does come back good for him and us, if he doesn't good for him too.

I agree with you, but it's actually easier than all that. All Hudler wants to do is come back. He's already under contract so there wouldn't need to be a signing per se.

Filppula has the potential to:

1. Be the greatest Swedish player ever (I know he's Finnish. Limiting him to one country is an obvious mistake made by people who can't see his talent.)

2. Win the Stanley Cup single-handedly (Screw the KHL playoffs).

3. Be the Messiah awaited by the Jews.

4. Go back in time to kill Hitler.

Anyone who doesn't see this is a moron.

Because these are all right up there with Filppula being a second line center who can put up 60-65 points in a season.

The problem with what Hudler did, was he handcuffed Ken Holland by NOT accepting the $3.whatever Million and opted for arbitration all but causing Hossa to go to the Hawks. As rumor had it, Hossa would've re-signed here for the rest of his career for a little more than $4MM per season cap hit. The fact that Holland was forced by Hudler to wait and wait pretty much was the only reason Hossa is not a Red Wing right now. And something tells me that if he was a Red Wing right now, they wouldn't be battling for the 8th playoff spot... Thanks Hudler, I am glad you were eliminated and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't ever come back!

I have a hard time believing that. Think about it-- Holland didn't have to be cap compliant at that point in the summer. He would've gladly signed Hossa to such a ridiculous contract and simply traded Hudler's rights after arbitration.

The real issue is that we lost Sammy because of the Hudler situation. If Holland knew Hudler would be gone prior to the start of free agency there's no question he would've re-signed Sammy.

Because these are all right up there with Filppula being a second line center who can put up 60-65 points in a season.

:lol: I know, right?

Jiri Hudler could cure cancer and AIDS, and it still wouldn't be good enough for you because you dislike him so much, quite often beyond any logic whatsoever.

I have a hard time believing that. Think about it-- Holland didn't have to be cap compliant at that point in the summer. He would've gladly signed Hossa to such a ridiculous contract and simply traded Hudler's rights after arbitration.

The real issue is that we lost Sammy because of the Hudler situation. If Holland knew Hudler would be gone prior to the start of free agency there's no question he would've re-signed Sammy.

:lol: I know, right?

But IMO, if you were to have asked Holland going into this year if he would prefer to have Sammy @ 3. Or Bert and JWill for 3 combined. He would have been alright with how it turned out.

As for Hudler, I think that worked out fine too... Huds got his cash, and a chance for big minutes and we got Hudler for a good cap amount when he's ready to come back.

If I remember correctly, they went to arbitration but they agreed on the 2.88 amount and gave it to the arbitrator. Went to arbitration but didn't. It was a nice, greasy little deal. Holland gave Huds his blesssing in chasing cash and Huds returned the favor by giving us a good deal for when he's ready to come back. With the cap crunch that was going on, I thought it was a great outcome. Nobody expected the wheels to fall off this year like they did.

Edit... what i mean by greasy deal is Hudler didn't want to sign a contract that would make it hard for him to go to Russia. But by doing it through abitration, he had a deal but not a contract. But they agreed on an amount and just used the arbitration thing to make it all work out. I thought it was pretty crafty.

Edited by Leadzedder

Come back Jiri!!!

He still has some good value and could probably fetch a decent North American player that wouldn't spit in the face of one of the greatest sport franchises ever.

I just think that simply the Wings are a better team with Huds....he always seemed to chip in an important goal when it looked like nothing was happening....maybe he should go to the Canucks & play with Sammy if he's not worthy of the Wings!!

Come back Jiri!!!

He still has some good value and could probably fetch a decent North American player that wouldn't spit in the face of one of the greatest sport franchises ever.

Or spitting in his hand before post-game hand shaking.

Damn, that's so low.