• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtm77

First round of the playoffs

Rate this topic

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mjtm77

okay i do not no if there is another topic like this posted.

just wondering Who you would want the wings to play in the first round of the playoffs and why. either the Hawks, Canucks, or Sharks

Edited by mjtm77

Guest Lidstromboli

what do you mean silence their fans? sharks fans are well aware of their team's history of choking and losing to detroit

No Luongo please. The Wings' playoff-kryptonite has always been good and/or hot goaltending. Neither San Jose or Chicago have goalies that scare me. Nabokov's good, sure, but he's no Luongo.

Exactly, we must face any team except Vancouver if we make it to the playoffs.

Best scenario for Wings would be for the Hawks to end up playing with Vancouver.

Nabby is too shaky and Huet is just Huet but Luongo will destroy this teams confidence just like Kipper / Giguerre did.

I think that this year The Sharks are going to break through.

Of those three teams I'd much rather play Chicago. Less travel, iffy goaltending, and a coach that we've owned.

I don't know if you have seen Sharks lately. Their history is coasting into the playoffs and in the playoffs. And their just doing that this year AGAIN.And what do you mean by silencing Sharks fans? We know that we choke in the playoffs, and we know if we play the wings, we will lose. Especially if we keep playing like this.

I think well lose in the first round no matter what, we really suck right now. History tells that we coast in and choke again. And us fans are getting frusrated.

I would think you would want to play San Jose.

History tells that we coast in and choke again.

What? We're not coasting in at all because we might not even get in and even if we were the last three years we DID coast in and we made it to the WCF each time.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, didn't notice the you were a sharks fan.

Edited by Z and D for the C

What? We're not coasting in at all because we might not even get in and even if we were the last three years we DID coast in and we made it to the WCF each time.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, didn't notice the you were a sharks fan.

haha i know the redwings aren't coasting, their amping up their game. The Sharks aren't. You guys will be just fine, if you keep playing like this.

Edited by sharkfan20

I also said Sharks, although I think they'd be more amped up than they've ever been in the first round, with Detroit playing them.

For once, the Sharks wouldn't be a huge favorite like they always are, although they'd still likely be favored.

Guest nutz2u

Hawks, Turkeys, s***birds whatever you want to call them. If we make it that's the team and s***4brains fans I want the Wings to SHUTUP.

Also less travel.

Edited by nutz2u

Wierd. I do not want to play the Hawks or the Sharks, honestly San Jose is gonna make it out of the first round at some point right? I dont care about season records, playoff time is playoff time and I want Vancouverin round one...Either way the most Important thing would be to ask Chicago, San Jose or Vancouver who they DONT want to face and theyll sure as f*** say the WINGS! bring em on!

Wierd. I do not want to play the Hawks or the Sharks, honestly San Jose is gonna make it out of the first round at some point right? I dont care about season records, playoff time is playoff time and I want Vancouverin round one...Either way the most Important thing would be to ask Chicago, San Jose or Vancouver who they DONT want to face and theyll sure as f*** say the WINGS! bring em on!

I would assume so considering they have made it to the second round three out of the last four years.

Edited by RedWingedKitten

Out of those three choices the Blackhawks are the only ones who've proved their current roster is competent in the playoffs. Both the 'nucks and the Sharks have been epic failures so far.

Yeah, but the Sedins have never been better, and Kesler, Burrows and, yes, a vengeful Sammy scares me a little bit. Luongo, not so much actually. Could be their year. Either way, Sharks will choke (knocking on wood).